View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Gilmer

Congratulations, Vman! That sounds wonderful! I hope you guys have a fantastic time!

Apparently I had a wrong impression of our cousin’s employment.

He isn’t involved in pot gummies; some years ago he worked at a gummy factory in the Midwest. It had nothing to do with marijuana.

He is now a salesman for (what he claims is) very high-quality, THC-free medical marijuana.

I was under the impression that went around hawking oil to headshops.

Apparently not. His company (in his words) offers a purer product, and is looking at a higher-end market. He claims to have made several sales already.

He is not the “poor, downtrodden waif” that I’d pictured in my mind!

In fact, when he first walked up and had a reacquainting cigar with us, I was appalled at how brash, loudmouthed, arrogant, and obnoxious he’d become!

He even bragged about being a **** to his nextdoor neighbors!

But things got better when our ten family members went out for dinner. Everyone just had real, fun conversation. When he first showed up, I think he was selling to us (especially my husband) the “product” of a new, modern, savvy, successful J.

Thus the mile-a-minute monologue.

We all relaxed more during and after dinner.

He went to visit some old family friends around 9. He told my husband he’d be back in about an hour. I don’t know if he kept his word—I went to sleep.

Many the night J would come home bombed at 2 am and talk my husband’s ear off! I’ve yet to hear if he did it last night.

He is now working to get a store set up at a town a couple hours away, so we might be seeing more of him in the next few months.

Oh, incidentally, everywhere he goes he stops and picks up a couple sixes! He bought several last evening before he went out to see our friends, so maybe he came back to the house to do his drinking.