Notices

Weekender Apr 5 -9 2018

Old 04-11-2018, 11:48 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Before I start I would like to state that I am not looking for medical advice.

I have been having an extremely hard time at work. My manager is giving me loads of hassle. I am worried about work and constantly thinking about work. I actually read an article about being burnt out and I felt that I could relate to a lot of it. This morning was the final straw when I woke up and just did not want to go in. So I phoned in sick. I will have to pay the price tomorrow.

At this point I thought this is stupid and took myself off to visit my GP. She let me cry in the chair and said usually for work related stress she would recommend a break from work. I said I did not want that as I refuse to give that old biddy more ammunition against me. She gave me a cert for today and said to pop in if I need more time off and she would write a cert for 1 - 2 weeks. Then she gave me a prescription for anti anxiety medication but after reading the side effects I don’t know if I want to take them. She also looked at my past medical history and tild me “you have done really well. You don’t give yourself enough credit”. I feel like a fraud because I am struggling right now but anyway.

I found a chemist and I asked her about the prescription. She said first off be very wary if what you read online. Go to a reputable website as most people just write a bunch of garbage online. She ran through the possible side effects and told me manufacturers have to cover themselves so they list every single thing but a lot of these side effects ate very rare. I am still not sure. I will think about it for a while.

Again please note that I am not looking for medical advice. I just wanted to say what is on my troubled mind.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

hang in there ((Tetra)). I'm not going to give you medical advice, but I am going to tell you to listen to the medical advice you've had

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
She also looked at my past medical history and tild me “you have done really well. You don’t give yourself enough credit”.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I was going to suggest Four Weddings and a Funeral if you've not seen it. Or there is Legend which is about two gangsters in the 1960s from my neighborhood.

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Sao, my cousin who lives on the other side of the country sent me a selfie of himself during a run on one of London's towpaths. I didn't know he was in London, but I knew by that picture. It was funny to me.

You probably passed him one morning. Two degrees of separation.
There are only two canals in North London and the one I run on is really just a continuation of the older one so it's definitely possible. My arthiritis means I do not run far these days.

I love Oysters me with rice vinegar (the non alcohol stuff) with chives and ginger or chillie and parsley. Man

Tetra - what Andy said

Cheese humbles us all
Old 04-11-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

arg.......you poor love...sending hugs. ♥♥♥
Old 04-11-2018, 02:27 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

tetra honey......there are herbal things you can try if you are worried about addictive issues with tranquilizers. You know yourself....do you need this? Will it be a catalyst for more issues..... I know I cannot take any of those meds at all. But that's me.

Perhaps you could give them to your mum and ask her to dispense to you? Or someone else? Not offering any medical advice, just want you to be safe and feel OK.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

V, you don't remember Tetra's mom, do you?

Four Weddings is a great movie.

*scribbles down all the movie suggestions...*
Old 04-11-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Oh sorry..... I need to go put my head in a bucket.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Argill, I eat okra any way I can get it. Boiled, fried, pickled, in gumbos, sliced and run through my dehydrator until crunchy...yum.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

There you go all on about cheese again.....
Old 04-11-2018, 10:10 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Tetra, it sounds like you've found a really good doc there. That's one good thing from this.
Hang in there, I know you've said you have some people you get on with at work. I'd try to make sure I had some time during the day with them for moral support.
Good luck today.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:28 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I love cheese.... it doesn't like me....
I'm a bit lost here..... what is okra?.... I know I could google it but prefer to ask real people. Xx
Old 04-11-2018, 11:32 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Tough day ahead.....
Dad got out of hospital yesterday.... been in since December.... back in last night.... broken hip.... needs operation today....
My elder sibling.... who is my most toxic person.... has signed a DNR form..... without even discussing it with me.
My cars in the garage.... so I've got to go with toxic to the hospital to be with him....
Old 04-11-2018, 11:46 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love cheese.... it doesn't like me....
I'm a bit lost here..... what is okra?.... I know I could google it but prefer to ask real people. Xx
it's a vegetable sometimes known as "ladies' fingers". quite common in indian & west african food. it can be a bit slimy when it's cooked:

Old 04-11-2018, 11:46 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

hope your day goes okay petals
Old 04-11-2018, 11:47 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

new thread here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...il-2018-a.html (Weekender 12-16 April 2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 01:04 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Administrator

Andy

D
Old 04-12-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Thank you Andy.
Xx