Notices

New Year Weekender 28 Dec 2017 - 02 Jan 2018

Old 01-02-2018, 06:23 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Vinny love ~ Amazon UK has the Cadbury ones. You can order them and have them in 2 days!!!!

And not to sound egotistical, well it might, but your wife is right love.

Altruism is the key to my happiness.....well, a big part of it....it's a long story, but something very serious happened to me when I was 16 and I was well, changed. I felt I was given a gift and then I proceeded to waste it by getting wasted for so long.

Now I am just grateful every day that I am able to follow my heart instead of my hungover head.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

It's no yolk! Shoppers furious after supermarkets begin selling Easter Eggs three months early - Mirror Online

I still can't get used to you being awake 'at this time of day' Suze
Old 01-02-2018, 06:30 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Ha Zanna....awesome news headline.

And neither can I.....well I can, but my head is still in Aussie time.
I don't like being a day behind.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Time travel - shame you can't get the Aussie Lotto results though
Old 01-02-2018, 06:34 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Kind of feel like I already won the lotto.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I am very late to this party. It's very quiet at work so I just read the whole thread - Congratulations, LBrain and Sao on your sobriety milestones!
Nice to see you, Trach!

Good to see that we all made it through the holiday. It's really just another day to me, but people do make a big deal out of it. I spent New Year's eve at my best friend's (boyfriend??) cousin's house. It was just 6 of us, pretty quiet, but with plenty of laughs. We had great food. I was the only one not drinking, but these are not super heavy drinkers and it didn't bother me a bit. It was my fourth sober NYE.

We are in a very nasty cold snap where I live. It has not been above zero (fahrenheit) here for several days now. It's tempting to just stay home, cozy and warm, but life goes on and things like getting to work still have to happen. I had all of last week off, and was sick for a good portion of the week before, so it does feel strange to be at work.

For this new year, I'm working on being kinder to myself. I still beat myself up a lot - I have not fully gotten past how horribly I behaved at times when I was still drinking. I've always had a problem with negative self-talk, so I'm trying to be aware of my inner dialogue and stop myself when I start to call myself a loser in my head. My sponsor knows me pretty well - without knowing I had made a decision to work on this, she got me this book for my 3 year soberversary.

Stop Being Mean to Yourself: A Story About Finding The True Meaning of Self-Love by Melody Beattie

So I'll be reading that, for sure.

Last edited by Dee74; 01-03-2018 at 04:13 AM. Reason: no commercial links please.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I didn’t do much housework and wasn’t very participatory in my household for many years—first I was depressive, then drunk all day.

When I sobered up, I began a true inner recovery. Now I’m very engaged with my family and achieve what I need to achieve.

The problem is that I try to be the Energizer Bunny, going and going during every waking hour!

I don’t have a naturally physically energetic personality, so the excessive action really wears me out. I feel as though I’ve got something to prove.

I need to find the happy medium this year.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:34 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by NorthernLass View Post
Hi! I made it! Sober weekend done!! Thanks for your company! See you next weekend!
The Weekender thread does run all week as in this day and age many people do not work a standard 9-5 Monday to Friday and well... just because
Old 01-02-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I feel so weird.

As if I've been sleeping for, like, 30 years, then suddenly woke up and have no idea where I am, what I am doing here and what to do next.

I've been living so long in survival mode. I just don't know how to live once I've survived.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:57 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I didn’t do much housework and wasn’t very participatory in my household for many years—first I was depressive, then drunk all day.

When I sobered up, I began a true inner recovery. Now I’m very engaged with my family and achieve what I need to achieve.

The problem is that I try to be the Energizer Bunny, going and going during every waking hour!

I don’t have a naturally physically energetic personality, so the excessive action really wears me out. I feel as though I’ve got something to prove.

I need to find the happy medium this year.
I relate to that completely.

And Nick is always asking me to stop, take time for myself....I don't quite know how to. I know I need to though...we need to recharge. s
Old 01-02-2018, 12:00 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
I feel so weird.

As if I've been sleeping for, like, 30 years, then suddenly woke up and have no idea where I am, what I am doing here and what to do next.

I've been living so long in survival mode. I just don't know how to live once I've survived.
And I get that completely as well....it has been over 3 years now, and I still feel like a babe in the woods sometimes....darling, use your recovery tools....one foot in front of the other. One step at a time. You will work it out.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:50 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, it is the tail end of storm Eleanor here so a windy start to the day.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning!
Old 01-03-2018, 04:33 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone!
Old 01-03-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Morning, weekenders!

The gym is finally open after the New Year break. So going to hit it in an hour or so.

I feel like my muscles have atrophied already)
Old 01-03-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to all. Spring is just around the corner, the days are getting longer - up here in the northern hemisphere at anyway. Soon time to think about starting seeds for the garden, dusting off the camping gear - unless your are a sadist who likes to camp in freezing weather - and preparing yourself for the rebirth that spring brings with it.
Spring has much more meaning when you are sober on its arrival. To many of you, this will be your first real spring in a very long time. You have the opportunity to view things and actually SEE the changes that take place. Go into the new year with the resolve to make it the most special year of your life. Be part of the rebirth, experience it. Stay sober my friends.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Oh what a beautiful post LBrain..... ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 01-03-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, LBrain. Great post!

I am back from the gym and almost all my gym-maniac buddies were there.

Still feel lost in reality. Gym is the only place which grounds me.

See you)
Old 01-03-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

(((Midnight))) ♥
Old 01-03-2018, 10:11 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good post LBrain, I am very much looking forward to Spring.

I have finally got a new desk at work, my old one was borderline antique. I am easy pleased.