Notices

Payday Tomorrow

Old 11-29-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

S, do you understand what we mean when we talk about SOBRIETY and RECOVERY here? that it means that drinking is no longer an option for ANY reason? none whatsoever. it doesn't mean trying to drink less or make a bottle last longer, it means removing alcohol completely from our lives.

time and time again the kind folks here have made heartfelt, tried and true suggestions on what DOES work, and time and again you have countered with excuses why those things won't work FOR YOU. and so drinking remains a problem. unless and until you make sobriety your absolute PRIORITY over EVERYTHING else, you'll keep living groundhog's day endlessly..............

it's up to you.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've removed posts.

Straight talking is fine so long as it's helpful but please keep your comments constructive and respectful.

Slaps and the textual equivalent of rolling of eyes are not helpful.

If this thread triggers you, annoys you or frustrates you, it's ok not to post in this one and to move on to another thread.

Dee
SR
Old 11-29-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweetichick, I'm sorry you decided to drink and I'm sure you are disappointed.

My advice would be to use the police to protect you from your ex's who are stalking you. You can get a restraining order and document things. Depending on your neighbour to do that is probably not in your best interest. I think it would be a huge step forward if you recognize that your neighbour is NOT your friend. He may seem like it, but he isn't. Friends do not sexually harass their friends. They just don't.

I know you are trying and I'm glad you're here posting. We do care. Keep posting and keep working on sobriety and you will be able to do this!
Old 11-29-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

No one should get flamed here at all.They come here and post one thing I will say is that the people that roll their eyes have been in her shoes at one time or another or in my shoe's we are here to help no matter what.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I've removed posts.

Straight talking is fine so long as it's helpful but please keep your comments constructive and respectful.

Slaps and the textual equivalent of rolling of eyes are not helpful.

If this thread triggers you, annoys you or frustrates you, it's ok not to post in this one and to move on to another thread.

Dee
SR
Thanks Dee for removing posts. I only just logged in and didn't to read them. I am thankful for that.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi sweetichick

The vast majority of posts and posters are helpful I think.

Sometimes people get a little frustrated trying to help, but I know you're frustrated too.

Addiction can be awfully circular.

I still very much believe you can break the cycle, change your life and turn things around - thats what I'd focus on.

D
Old 11-29-2017, 06:33 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Sweetichick, I'm sorry you decided to drink and I'm sure you are disappointed.

My advice would be to use the police to protect you from your ex's who are stalking you. You can get a restraining order and document things. Depending on your neighbour to do that is probably not in your best interest. I think it would be a huge step forward if you recognize that your neighbour is NOT your friend. He may seem like it, but he isn't. Friends do not sexually harass their friends. They just don't.

I know you are trying and I'm glad you're here posting. We do care. Keep posting and keep working on sobriety and you will be able to do this!
Thanks Anna. Your straight talking confirmed that I am not in the wrong here. Not too proud, too stayed etc. He is due here in a couple of hours. Since no doesn't work I will stand up and ask him to leave if he starts. Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I forgot to add that he banned me from this site. Hasn't worked. What a massive control freak.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:56 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

why would you let him IN????
Old 11-29-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
why would you let him IN????
I can lock him out. Problem is he comes back every 2 hours and half bangs the door in. I might today actually. Good idea.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I can lock him out. Problem is he comes back every 2 hours and half bangs the door in. I might today actually. Good idea.
Sounds like you have 3 stalkers on your hands. Just cancel on him. No need to hide in your home from anyone(tax man excluded).
Old 11-29-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

SC,

Here is a question to ponder, why would a friend try and separate you from a source of hope and something that you appear to value highly?

This happened to me in ,y own life and the answer was a person that saw me wanting to make a change, starting to make a change and trying to keep me under their control. He fought harder when he saw he was starting to loose. I felt crazy and didn't see that I was getting stronger and winning. This might not be your story, but it sounds like part of ,one so I am sharing. Stay with it even though it is freakin hard. Keep at it even if you make one small change at a time.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:20 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like to me when you're weak and under the influence you may become needy and your neighbour enjoys this attention. You don't need him when you have a clear head and he doesn't like this. He is not a supportive friend.
You don't need him in your life - you are more than capable of sorting things out alone. I am alone but I do things for myself - I make a plan to keep myself busy - It is hard but I feel stronger as time goes by. Its pay-day today for me and I will be tempted but I am prepared for this and going to avoid the local shop where I normally buy my wine, going to keep busy with batch cooking so I have plenty of homemade meals ready in the freezer. I will also use the time to phone my friends and family that I haven't spoken to all week. When I go to the supermarket later (don't normally buy wine here) I'm going to look for a lovely new soft drink to try.
For this neighbour to not want you to log onto SR proves he is no friend of yours. You may feel alone at times but you can and will build your life up for the better when sober.
Take care X
Old 11-30-2017, 01:07 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I never saw my friend today. Door locked no entry. Now I just need a long term solution.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

You will get this sorted Sweetichick I know you will , never give up .
when I worked 4 on 4 off night shifts i,d drink for 3 days spend a day to recover then work 4 nights and repeat . I tried a hundred times to control it and drink only one of my days off but I never ever succeeded . The only way I could control it was by changing my thinking ,finding a higher power and not taking one drink . When this happened my 4 days off were fantastic and I enjoyed returning to work fresh in mind and body .
Unfortunately after I think 3 months of sobriety I though I could try a litttle drink and within a very short time I was back to square one .
Total abstinence is the only solution for me and at 4 months I love life again .

I wish you well .
Old 11-30-2017, 09:21 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I sent my friend a blunt tex message about the sexual harassment. I tokd him I was ending the friendship if he didn't stop his negativity and putting me down. He hasn't answered my message or knocked. It is a good thing. Hhes not willing to change his behaviour, so bye bye. It was because of you guys on here that I had the guts to stand up to him even if it was via a text. And I am not drinking which is even better
Old 11-30-2017, 09:39 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi Sweetichick,

I'm glad you are here posting, and you are sober. Those are two very positive things.

You have had issues with this neighbor for quite some time now, and it is definitely not a healthy situation for you. Is moving a possibility? Do you have any friends/family that you could possibly stay with for a bit while you looked into rehab, even as an intense outpatient. You keep coming back here, so you definitely want to stop drinking. Sometimes the strongest thing we can do is admit we need help.

Sending,outs of love your way.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Way to go SC!
Old 12-01-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Well done SC. Hugs to you. I know its not easy to stand up to such self-assured and persistent people as him.

Take care.
BB
Old 12-01-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I tried texting him to see if we could reach a compromise. He wouldn't even walk across the road to discuss it. I told him to get lost forever. I tried to do the right thing. By a compromise I meant just maintaining the friendship. I was very polite until his attitude really got to me. He must just want a place to live next year complete with a free dominatrix. I wish I hadn't bothered. I am not drinking over it. Hope he ends up in a tent under a bridge.I have blocked him from texting me now. I have heaps of relationship but none like this. He is 13 years older and tried to say it was my age. Looks like I have only one girlfriend now.