Notices

Can't Stop Drinking for the Life of Me :(

Old 09-15-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I made it through the night at work and finished up. Hadn't drank anything but I felt very sick. My dad is going to taper me off (I was given only 3 drinks this morning compared to having like 15+ a day) and had taken my vehicle away for a couple weeks so he takes me to work and back. It's going to be weird not being able to drive for a while. I almost lost my fiance because I got drunk and mean and I am going to change. I'm going to take it a day at a time.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

This is my third day (I made it through last night and my performance definitely increased) the shakes were down quite a bit compared to the previous night. I came home and had 2 airplane bottles for the 3rd day, tomorrow I'm going to cut down to only 1 since I'm starting to feel better or try not to have any at all. My father is limitting my intake and reducing.
I've noticed ,since I've started to become sober, I began realizing all the damage I have caused and I have been talking with my fiance everyday and I plan to go to her house and have a nice sitdown with her father and her and I and talk about my drinking, apologize for the damage, and how I'm going to stop. I'm going to talk to them with a "clear mind" and tell them how much she really means to me and I don't want alcohol to ruin our relationship. I'm not just doing it for her I am doing it for myself also because I've been in a lot of situations where I could have possibly killed someone driving, I would get angry and fight, almost lost my job.
Before I started drinking I was so nice and then my lady thought that she wasn't good enough for me because my drinking would always make me irritable. Since I've been stopping, I feel more calm and happier and she also notices it too and notices how I don't isolate myself (hiding my drinking) that much in the past 3 days. I don't believe it was her causing me to drink. I've had issues with substance abuse in the past besides alcohol, which I stopped. Pills used to be a huge problem and I rarely ever do them anymore. I quit smoking weed over 2 years ago before I met my lady.

*edit: I don't want to use tapering as an excuse to drink though. I still feel a little bad using a little bit of alcohol to help with the withdrawals, but it was very hard without tapering. My birthday is coming in a couple days and I plan to completely cut-off the taper and take it a day at a time and stay busy afterwards and attend meetings.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

That sounds like progress! Well done. The important thing now is to keep going. Talking about the problem also helps. Sounds like your Dad is very supportive. Its good you have people around who care about you. There is a lot right there to get sober for.
Good luck.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Still doing great, I feel great too and my work performance has definitely improved and I'm still quite awake once the shift is over. My dad gave me my keys back and I went to work myself and went back home bought no booze or had the desire. I did think about it slightly but immediately thought of the consequences and said nope and got it out of my head the second I thought of it.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update Mancini - how long's it been now?

D
Old 09-21-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Smile Feeling 100 times better

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thanks for the update Mancini - how long's it been now?

D
I am still doing great. I feel pretty good and healthy. I worked out with my lady a couple days ago and we've been trying to go on more walks. I've been more active and productive.

I am not going to count the 3 days of tapering off so I have been completely sober for 5 days I was tapering the 3 days before. I went from 3 drinks to 2 then another 2 and then cut it off completely Sunday. I spent my birthday with my lady and I had a pretty good time. So I've been sober for 5 days.

Although, I notice I have been smoking more cigarettes since I quit, but that's better than drinking and getting messed up everyday. I don't even want just one drink. I know that if I had even one drink, it could very much possibly lead to more and more. So I'm going to not have a single drop either. Nothing at all
I've just been thinking of all the benefits of quitting and whenever I get tempted I think of the bad things that will happen if I go back to it.

Oh and I noticed I can smell when people have been drinking now since I'm not used to the smell anymore. My dad has 1-2 airplane bottles after work (he can control himself so i guess it's okay), but when I went to talk to him, I could smell the one drink he had when I normally couldn't smell when people drink since I was used to it.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll try to keep you guys up to date.

Last edited by Mancini1337; 09-21-2017 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Just wanted to add more info