Notices

I have to let it out!

Old 07-17-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

As twisted as this might sound..Sometimes I 'play' with mine and see where it's trying to take me exactly.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Even as a child I'd have it so bad that I'd get physically ill. My nerves were so bad I'd vomit. I was told my dad had the same thing when he was my age then. Must be passed down or something?
Old 07-17-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
As twisted as this might sound..Sometimes I 'play' with mine and see where it's trying to take me exactly.
Lol now that would be too scary for me!
Old 07-17-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Even as a child I'd have it so bad that I'd get physically ill. My nerves were so bad I'd vomit. I was told my dad had the same thing when he was my age then. Must be passed down or something?
Damn man im sorry!.....im right there with ya!
Old 07-17-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Chilledice, I don't have a dang thing to offer except to keep you in my thoughts and tell you that I'm trusting the HP to get you through this.

It is OUTSTANDING that you're not drinking about it!
Old 07-17-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Lol now that would be too scary for me!
Kinda like a scary video game.. I don't do it often but, if I'm bored I'll sometimes 'run with it' for a bit..Then do something to 'shut it off' but, what if it doesn't shut off? Like I said..Twisted.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Chilledice, I don't have a dang thing to offer except to keep you in my thoughts and tell you that I'm trusting the HP to get you through this.

It is OUTSTANDING that you're not drinking about it!
THANK YOU im actually amazed at myself for not giving into the bottle, it wont solve my issues and the anxiety is NOT taking MY sober time from me!
Old 07-17-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome to the psychiatric hotline:

If you suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder please press 1 repeatedly!

Old 07-17-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

My advice is never hold anything back from your Dr, Chilled.

Even if you find it embarrassing I bet they've dealt with OCD before and will be able to help...or direct you to someone who can

D
Old 07-17-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
My advice is never hold anything back from your Dr, Chilled.

Even if you find it embarrassing I bet they've dealt with OCD before and will be able to help...or direct you to someone who can

D
Just have a fear of being locked up but I think that's just anxiety speaking.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never heard of anyone with OCD being locked up anywhere Chilled

D
Old 07-17-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I've never heard of anyone with OCD being locked up anywhere Chilled

D
You know me by now Dee, I always think catastrophically lol
Old 07-17-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Yeah..Be honest with your Dr.. They're not going to lock you up for having a 'running mind' unless..it's running to some VERY dark places. Which mine has while heavily intoxicated. Not harming other people but, just wanting the 'spinning thoughts' to stop by any means including my own death. To be honest I'm too selfish a person to intentionally kill/harm myself..but, I have thought of death as an 'escape' in the past.That's where my medication/plan comes in. Hang in there! You are very much not alone!
Old 07-17-2017, 03:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Yeah..Be honest with your Dr.. They're not going to lock you up for having a 'running mind' unless..it's running to some VERY dark places. Which mine has while heavily intoxicated. Not harming other people but, just wanting the 'spinning thoughts' to stop by any means including my own death. To be honest I'm too selfish a person to intentionally kill/harm myself..but, I have thought of death as an 'escape' in the past.That's where my medication/plan comes in. Hang in there! You are very much not alone!
I have had suicidal thoughts but I can't do that to my mother,my father is strong but my mother would fall apart.......I have hope that this will get sorted.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
I have had suicidal thoughts but I can't do that to my mother,my father is strong but my mother would fall apart.......I have hope that this will get sorted.
Sent you a PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I have such bad anxiety at times I would struggle for several hours to get out from under the covers and into the bathroom. My last relapse was caused because I wasn't properly treating my anxiety.

Now, I'm living on a sailboat with plans, should everything pan out, continue saving money to move across the country and going back to school.

See this cute little dachshund in my signature? He is my service dog and alerts me to take my anxiety medication before I feel an attack coming on. He actually will paw my leg or kneecap very deliberately until he sees that I have listened to him. Now that I take it early enough my meds can fully treat my extreme anxiety.

It's been five years since I've had a drink, and I consider Zero not just part of my medical treatment plan but also a contributing part of my recovery.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Awwww whatta beautiful dog! Simply gorgeous!!
Old 07-17-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I want to live on a sailboat! That sounds awesome!
Old 07-17-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shockozulu View Post
I have such bad anxiety at times I would struggle for several hours to get out from under the covers and into the bathroom. My last relapse was caused because I wasn't properly treating my anxiety.

Now, I'm living on a sailboat with plans, should everything pan out, continue saving money to move across the country and going back to school.

See this cute little dachshund in my signature? He is my service dog and alerts me to take my anxiety medication before I feel an attack coming on. He actually will paw my leg or kneecap very deliberately until he sees that I have listened to him. Now that I take it early enough my meds can fully treat my extreme anxiety.

It's been five years since I've had a drink, and I consider Zero not just part of my medical treatment plan but also a contributing part of my recovery.
My best friend is buying a sailboat and has invited me along, would be AWESOME! Have you done any major sailing yet?
Old 07-17-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Please don't feel embarrassed, Chilledice. I am autistic and have extreme OCD and other severe pyschological issues which has gotten better through therapy and medication. I agree with Bunny that there is nothing wrong with taking meds to help. It's certainly not your fault and you are not alone. I spent so much time self-medicating with alcohol that I never confronted these problems head-on until recently. I was only making things worse by using drink as a crutch and it just made me more anxious and sick. Wishing you all the best!