Notices

Brain damage

Old 05-29-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Are you stuck at home because you're still sick, Weev?

D
I was, some bug, which I thought was WD, but worst is gone tonight and will get back to my daily meetings tomorrow. I am going to look for AA speakers now so I can play them when I'm driving.
I don't want to forget I have this disease, I'm already forgetting spending all April trying to stop and not being able to, and the repeated withdrawals. I pretty much could do with a 24 hour meeting and I guess this site fills that role nicely.
All strength to everyone here, including you D
Old 05-29-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're unwell Weev, hope you feel better soon. You don't sound spaced out. You sound really clear.

I allowed alcohol to control me for 25 years and what annoys me the most is that I never even realised I was being controlled. It's so obvious to me now. Why didn't I realise sooner? Like you, I don't think there's much point being overly concerned about the past. Now I'm sober, everything can be rebuilt.

For now, try to concentrate on getting well and then get to a meeting when you feel better. Continue to read and post on here and remember to congratulate yourself every now and then for how well you're doing. You can and you will build something fantastic from the rubble. One day at a time.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Weev - I'm doing OK

D