Notices

Quit wasting your life Weekender 24-26 March

Old 03-25-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 sounds interesting (I Googled it)

Welcome to the thread Steely.

I am hoping that eagle flies off and comes back just so I can say "The Eagle has landed"

Bedtime at Saoutchik Towers.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Thanks saoutchik. Can I still be in Weekender if I'm a lazy, unmotivated, depressed lump of lard? My action plan lacks action.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Welcome, Steely!

This is a very warm and helpful thread.

Sao, I started rewatching MST 3000 season 1, episode 1--and I was surprised how dated it is. Most of the references were from the 80s, and I had to wrack my brain to remember!

The wisecracking is still funny, though, so I'll watch more.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

bb- such dedication. No it is not waster's. The occupation of looking up Mc B-F is vital to the security of the planet. I Appaud the research and admire your Mc Boaty boatiness.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

BixBees?

How are you?

How are things with your dad?
Old 03-25-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I'll quit...there are memes, tho.

Too funny, the whole story. I don't watch the news, so I didn't hear about it. Oh, you Brits.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I have had a rough couple of days and sometimes I feel guilty for posting here because I know that there are a lot of people on here who have things a lot worse than I do.

My Grandfather died about 40 years ago. He never made a will. My father worked in the legal profession for many years and he had just convinced his father in law to make a proper will, and then Grandfather dropped dead of a heart attack very suddenly. My Grandmother died about a year and a half ago and again she left a will which wasn't done properly. I can't explain it all, that is my father's department.

Anyway the land was supposed to be valued lately and there was some kind of cover up. My uncle (mother's brother) was trying to hide his dodgy dealings. When my father found out he was shocked and annoyed. After that my uncle has been going around saying very nasty things about my parents. I know I might be biased but my father is a very decent and kind man. (Most people say so.) It breaks my heart to know that my mother's relations are saying dreadful things about him. Anyway...

The solicitor appears to be up to her neck in it as well. I asked my parents tonight how much money do you think uncle offered the soliciotor to get her to do things his way? I am afraid it has come down to this. My parents are refusing to back down over this as they do not want to be walked over. My parents have engaged their own solicitor at this stage and have said they are willing to go to court if necessary.

Honestly, I can't get over the behaviour of that troglodyte that my mother is related to.

I will actually be pleased to return to work on Monday. I could write more but I don't want to.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

There is even a Person Mc Person Face on F-B.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I feel so lame, PJ. It was a year ago? Here I thought it was some new shiny joke.

I've always been Yawny McYawnerson. My boss 15 years ago always used that sort of "Mc" joke.

So that cruise ship was just a photoshopped image, right?
Old 03-25-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Tetra- just remember the Serenity prayer, sage advice.

My nana (deceased) had old money in her family back in England. She even named one of her son's with a middle name that reflected a title. The money was trawled through the courts by lawyers for years- which made the old money gone money in legal costs. She touted for years she was coming into wealth. Ended up getting a few dollars.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Yes, it's just I have spent the past two days with my mom on trips out and she talks about it non stop. It is hard for me to get any clarity here as I am in the middle of it. When I get back to work I will feel better.

I had a long talk with my therapist about it on Monday. He asked me a lot of questions about my family because he said it is important as we all have an effect on each other. He told meto keep out of all of this nonsense as it has nothing to do with me really. I paid him his fee of 60 euro. He gave me back 10 and said "have a coffee in Dublin on me" which I thought was very kind of him.

I like kind people. I have been told I am kind too. My best friend says 'you don't have a bad bone in your body".

If someone asked me to describe my dad in 3 words I would say "kind, honest and dignified". My father is a very dignified man. When someone loses the plot and starts ranting and raving and resorts to childish name calling, they know they are in the wrong. And a man of his age should know better.

I remember years ago when Brad Pitt and Jennifer whatever broke up, she said in the press at the time that he was "missing a sensitivity chip". My mother's family are missing a "kindness chip". There is no kindness among them at all. It is all this "one-upmanship" which drives me insane.

I will leave it there for now.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Tetra- people do not grow old always with dignity, grace or wisdom- emotionally.

BB- I ewould not be surprised if the ship is not photoshopped- perhaps a banner. The brits either do humour well- or really badly.
I gbot silly- there is also f-b for Bike McBikeface (serous about bikes), Rocket McRF and tree mc tf. BUT there is NO Whale Mc Whaleface.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:52 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
saoutchik

The Government might had a sense of humour failure over Boaty McBoatface but clearly that was not always the case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170326_065029.jpg (35.3 KB, 54 views)
Old 03-25-2017, 11:58 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

ow
Old 03-26-2017, 12:39 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I'd like to congratulate everyone for being in fine form this weekend.
Bim: thanks for the kitties

So good to read all the chatter. Night on Sunday night.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Good night mc trees
Old 03-26-2017, 01:09 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

I know it's very late but I am in.
Signal is rubbish and I find the web site needs a better signal than the app did.
Hi to everyone and hugs from me.xx
Old 03-26-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a reminder to keep it this side of PG rated please guys....

D
Old 03-26-2017, 02:23 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. In all fairness that is 12 year-old humor.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Technically it is 102 year old humour I suppose.

Good to see you petals.

Sleep tight Trees and well done on getting through another weekend

Lovely day here again, we are being spoiled. I went to a car boot sale in nearby Kings Cross this morning. There was an interesting Yamaha racing motorbike from 1969 for sale but I remembered in the nick of time that I am 56 and have arthritis. Too late for a mid life crisis motorbike.

6999!