Notices

Quit wasting your life Weekender 24-26 March

Old 03-27-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I expect lots of medics make errors, are there not double checks by another member of staff? I hope you feel better.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Old 03-27-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

"fist flight"? STDragon, I hope you have a peaceful time in Hawaii.

BrendaC, sounds like you're having a rough day. I imagine that the thought of medication errors is stressful.

Congrats Sao on 7,000 + posts. Keep on!

Monday is winding down. Can't wait to get out of work. Finally caught up with weekenders.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight all x
Old 03-27-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Welcome to the thread Lava256!
Thanks, Sao. As I mentioned elsewhere, I actually did make it through my 1st sober weekend! Yaaay! I had a few moments of weakness but overall, it was all good. Esp. considering that my house is full of booze everywhere. What keeps me going is no. 1, my son. Then I do not ever want to go back to the place I was exactly a week ago today when I was constantly drunk and permanently hungover. It took me a while 48 hours to go back to feeling normal. I now realise that I can NEVER be a normal/social drinker. I always drink to get drunk. And so if I don't want to get drunk then why drink alcohol at all? Best to quit altogether. Like someone said in their 'story', 'alcohol wasn't working so it was time to try something else'.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Why do people click "thank you" on a blank post?
Old 03-27-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Because they like you and want to support you, even though you've chosen to withdraw a post.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

And if I chose to redact a statement, that meant I was ashamed of it, so it's not something I would support.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Ok.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

bc- the blank post had a full stop. That to me meant- 'okay- it is what it is'.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:23 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
Why do people click "thank you" on a blank post?
Clicking like on a post serves more than one purpose for me. First, I like the content, but also, it serves as a placeholder for me. It tells me I read the post. Makes it easier when I return to the thread so I can tell where I last left off.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:36 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Well, I was up at around 4 so thankfully that gives me plenty of time to participate this morning.

Tetra, we'd drive you crazy here in New England. We don't pronounce our "Rs" at all. A car is a cah. That and we don't "park" them either, we "pahk" them. If something is really great in these parts we call it "wicked good". The further north you get the more pronounced it becomes. My father grew up in northern Maine, upta where the tatah (potato) fahms are.

Seriously though, I love listening to different accents and language usage. I find it interesting but I can certainly understand where it can sometimes get confusing.

Lava, congrats! Yes, this can be done! Those fleeting moments of weakness begin dissipating after a while. Keep it going

Have a Happy Sober Tuesday everyone!
Old 03-28-2017, 02:43 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Aus. have a small population with huge distances. I can tell people from some places because of the way they say stuff. Like ' film'. Older folk from Victoria- in one part say 'fi-l-m' with an emphasis on the 'l'. Here in S/Aus I say pastie- sounding 'parstie'. Like wise in Voc. it can be 'passtie'. I just do not understand why THEY get it so wrong!

A lot of it historically can have roots in the peoples who came on the first ships of colony. Convicts- poverty people. Irish, cockney- etc. Not fact- but a truism. I still do not know (yet) why THEY get the way to talk so wring. Ooops wrong.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

That's an early rising, Lady Blue!

Am thinking that by this time, STDragon must be getting close(r) to Hawaii. Hope it's a wonderful trip!

Phoenix, I am thinking of your country today. What a storm that was in Queensland.

It is sunny and bright here today. I am fortunate to work in a pretty setting and so that made the walk from my car all the nicer. Never used to be able to enjoy that much back in the bad old days.

Hope this post finds all are well.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Yes I heard about the storm in Queensland. Best wishes to anyone affected.

LadyBlue, you Weasel1966 are very early risers. It must be a Maine thing.

I am still at work but nearly finished. It has been a frustrating day today. A number of potential sales seem further away than when I arrived at work this morning.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Good grief. I forgot to send in my time sheet for work yesterday when payroll was due.. And I've forgotten before and they have just processed it with the next pay period after I sent it, no big deal.. They started using a new system, aren't familiar with it and for some reason they were waiting for me to send my time sheet in, and whereas before they could send each one individually, with the new system they have to all be in before they can submit payroll.. so they didn't submit payroll on time and nobody is probably getting paid this Friday.. because of my late time sheet. And obviously she knows I didn't know that I would be affecting everyone else's payroll, because she didn't know it would, because it's a new system she'd never used before.. It's just the simple fact that I'm at the center of a lot of discord lately without intending to be..
Old 03-28-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning all, checking in from Honolulu at 7am. Took two flights to get here. BC I'd be shocked if the payroll system was so bad Featherstone gets held up. Its not your fault, its the systems.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

There would be no problem if not for me being just plain lazy and apathetic about anything.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

" Featherstone"?? Lol, that's what happens when I use a tablet and no glasses. Should read 'everyone'.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

I thought you just knew what the payroll software was called and I didn't! lol