Notices

I just want to be well

Old 02-03-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Thank you. I have never heard of this before. I will definitely look into it.
I do know that 'Betell'are not NHS funded,so refered folk are not waiting for funding etc.I may have spelt 'Betell'incorrectly.Take care and hope this is for you.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Kaily, back again. 'I just?'. I just want to be 30 years younger and rich. I just wish my life was easier. Well my life is not. It takes a lot of work. That journey is one we do not need to do alone. Post, go to meetings, seek professional support. Prayers to you, PJ.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi again Kaily.'Betel'Christain detox.One letter L.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jojay View Post
Thanks again for the information.
Unfortunately it won't work for me as they want people to go and live with them for a year to 18 months and become part of an extended family. Nice idea but not when you already have a home, pets and part time work.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks again for the information.
Unfortunately it won't work for me as they want people to go and live with them for a year to 18 months and become part of an extended family. Nice idea but not when you already have a home, pets and part time work.
Well look after yourself Kaily.Prayers.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

kaily, just what ARE you WILLING to do? you shoot down just about every suggestion and idea, you claim that you don't get the help you need - altho you have a counselor and are attending meetings.

at some point YOU are going to have to QUIT DRINKING. there's no two ways around it. and until you become willing to DO that, on a daily basis, you will continue to find more excuses to drink yourself to death.

there is no magic cure. we aren't keeping it a secret. you make the decision to NOT drink NO MATTER WHAT and then you do that every minute of every day. PERIOD.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
kaily, just what ARE you WILLING to do? you shoot down just about every suggestion and idea, you claim that you don't get the help you need - altho you have a counselor and are attending meetings.

at some point YOU are going to have to QUIT DRINKING. there's no two ways around it. and until you become willing to DO that, on a daily basis, you will continue to find more excuses to drink yourself to death.

there is no magic cure. we aren't keeping it a secret. you make the decision to NOT drink NO MATTER WHAT and then you do that every minute of every day. PERIOD.
Extremely unfair!
Old 02-03-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I don't think anyone e means to be unfair. It's great to have outside help and support and most of us do need it. But only we can stop drinking, decide not to pick up that first drink, make a plan, take it a day at a time, an hour or even minute by minute. At the end of the day no one is going to magically stop us drinking. As peopld say it.s that simple.its not easy but it is simple.

Everyone needs a plan and decide not to pick up have you had a drink today? Can you make today your day 1?
Old 02-03-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Funny how just one post can upset me so much. I do try and try, I can't just join a religious cult. I live alone how can I just leave everything for 18 months?

Not everyone can give up even though they want to.
Really upset.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Gosh no of course you can't go and join a cult. Most people couldn't or wouldn't want to anyway there are many other ways and support though. please don't be upset. No one is trying or wanting to upset you

We've all been where you are. I know for me I had to want to stop more than I wanted to keep drinking and just had to focus on what worked for me.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Not everyone can give up even though they want to.
That's not true Kaily. Anyone can give up drinking if they want to. It might not be convenient, and it might even hurt - a lot. But if you want to quit drinking, you can - today. Others are frustrated by your continued rejection of their helpful suggestions, to be certain. But it's not because they don't like you or don't want you to get better - it's because they see you stuck listening to you addiction. We've all been where you are and tried to come up with every excuse in the book as to why we couldn't quit. But at the end of the day you are the ONLY one who can actually make that choice. And you can make that choice. There are resources you can call that will help you get into a detox. Try calling samartians to see what they say...or an AA meeting. Your local AA folks will know where you can go to get help.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

If someone's posts are upsetting, please put the member on Ignore and move on.

The Newcomers Forum is a safe and welcoming place for newcomers. Respect is essential. Debates over Recovery Methods are not allowed on the Newcomer's Forum. Posts that violate this rule will be removed without notice. (Support and experience only please.)
Old 02-03-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kaily

I'm sure noone is trying to upset you. I think the fact you keep posting here is proof you want to change

It's just that noone wants you to be left with the self defeating belief there's nothing you can do, cos that's just not true

We care

For me the bottom line was I drank because I couldn't see how I could change my life. Then I nearly died from my drinking and I couldn't wait to make changes after that.

It's not a cult, but if you don't like the idea of AA thats your call.

do any other methods interest you - SMART, Lifering? If there's no meeting in your area you could join an online meeting.

Does RationalRecovery/AVRT resonate with you at all?

As far as Rehab goes I don't know of anything that run for 18 months. It's usually the generic 28 days.

Have you considered Outpatient rehab tho? (if you have and I've forgotten, forgive me)

Couple of other links here to people who might be able to help

Drug Misuse | Alcohol Misuse | Substance Misuse | Turning Point
Addaction

There is always another option, and always hope Kaily. Don't listen to that AV.

D
Old 02-03-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jojay View Post
Hi Dee. I wasn't suggesting AA is a cult.
Jojay kindly told me about "Betel" which she thought might of help and when I looked into it they wanted me to move in with them for 18 months so not suitable. What we do - Betel UK

I am actually not sure what else I have rejected. I go to Smart, went to A&E when I did just stop drinking with bad withdrawals and told to go home and keep drinking till I can get a detox.
The detox is still not available, I haven't refused it.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kaily

I was an all day everyday drinker.I got to the point where I was willing to change ,my whole life to stay sober and, with the help of this website, I did.

Recovery's not impossible - you can do this ...but you have to believe that.

D
Old 02-03-2017, 10:15 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SWTPEA61 View Post
Kaily
Ask yourself....do I want to live? There are opportunities out there just waiting for you and you can make a difference.
This.

Kaily, I am glad to see you back and I am sorry to hear your continued suffering. I had written on one of your threads awhile ago that I chose uncertain future and physical consequences from quitting over certain death by drinking.

Death will come to us, quickly or slowly, if we keep drinking.

However you do it, I pray you will stop. Now. Our disease does not have to claim you.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:18 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Extremely unfair!
Absolutely fair.

And when the observations have been made about what you have rejected....to which you argued that you haven't....you are rejecting the idea of stopping to drink. Period. Everything else is small and insignificant- what hospital this or counselor that, etc- compared to the one single fact that you have to stop.

Again, prayers and hope for you.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:17 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Ok fair enough.
I will go cold turkey. Hopefully I won't have seizures because I live alone. I don't have family that ever check on me . Some of you seem to think this is the right course of action.
Lets see how this works out.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think anyone's given you medical advice Kaily.
I'm sorry that you haven't found the kind of help you wanted.

If you decide to go cold turkey that's your call.

As long as you have access to a phone you can be connected to a local hospital, if things get rough.

D
Old 02-03-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Sorry Dee but I have mentioned many times before that the only advice I received from the hospital was to keep drinking despite me having hallucinations, dangerously high blood pressure and feeling incredibly ill.

I am beginning to feel that no one believes me! Why would I make it up?

I have recommended this site to lots of people, even my key worker at the alcohol misuse centre recommends it to other clients after I told her about it but I won't be doing that anymore.
Very disappointed.