Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 1

Old 02-06-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Well I've had a good Day 4. I had my first day back at work for some time and it felt good not to be hung over. I seem to have developed a bad stomach though which is a bit distressing.

Anyway, onwards SR companions...
Old 02-06-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Count me in

Hey all,

I'm signing up for this. Not sure I've been sober for longer than four days in a row for about two years now...most times it's drunk every night, but once in a while I can muster a few days in a row together. So here I am, trying to turn those few days into a nice long life of sobriety.

Had a nice scare during the Super Bowl last night...too much beer, got super angry on the way home, and generally scared the loved ones around me. My anxiety problem combined with self medicating only makes it worse...and last night really woke me up. Anyway, best of luck to everyone here and I look forward to coping through this with everyone. We can do this.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
BGJ

Glad you've joined us, TamraMaew.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Hi to all newbies.

Had a rotten day. How on earth can I feel so good one day and so upbeat and positive and then the next day feel so awful. I feel I can't trust my mind and my decisions. I'm telling g myself to just not do anything.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
BGJ

Sorry to hear today was rough, ReadyatLast. Just remember a drink ain't the answer. Stick close, we've got your back.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Thanks bgj. I won't drink over it just wish I felt better.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi ReadyAtLast, maybe you can find some time to get outside and take a walk...enjoy some fresh air? Exercise of some sort may help?
Old 02-06-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

The video above sums up the fight I am going through inside my head trying to get through day3!
Old 02-06-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hi freedom. Thanks for your advice.I'd love some air.it's 8pm here now and a wild stormy night though such a contrast from the beautiful weekend. Does anyone else find the weather impacts on their moods? I have one of those light lamps for winter maybe I need more time under it tomorrow!

Sorry being very self indulgent. Congrats o. Day 6 bgj and everyone else on their milestones. Hope your stomach gets better soon forwards.congrats to all for getting through the superbowl too.

Nice to see new people joining. We seem to have quietened down and lost some classmates hope they are doing ok and check back in soon.

Night night everyone from a very dark, wild, windy and wet Scotland!
Old 02-06-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
BGJ

You're not being self-indulgent, ReadyAtLast. Post a million times if that's what it takes to get through the night. I'll definitely be doing the same when I need it. And maybe it's because I'm in the middle of boring flat America, but a night in wet, windy Scotland doesn't sound so bad. It's all a matter of perspective.

Hang in there, InAPickle. Just steer clear of that first drink for now. That's the one that causes me problems.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hey ReadyAtLast. The weather is one of the biggest things that impacts my mood. When it's a sunny and shiny day I feel like I can do anything. If not, I'm always just kind of bleh. I moved to the city a few years ago too, from having always lived in the open air, and that hasn't helped a thing either. Those sunny days in the open air are the greatest.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. I hope you all are well and stayed strong thru the weekend or have recommitted since. I had a rough one Saturday. A couple triggers (that I'm now conciously aware of) added up into a monster of a beer craving. It was a close one. I stopped by two liquor stores on the way home, and even turned off the car and got out at the second one. Somehow I was able to resist though and just ended up driving home. The thing that did it was knowing the first sip (which would have been a whole beer) was going to be followed by the aftertaste of anger, guilt, and sadness. I didn't want to do another day 1. So anyway, the concept of "having a plan" for those low moments, so you can just act and not deliberate, is starting to become clear.
What a pain in the ass. Ha! Better than playing "what the hell did I do last night" though I guess. Onward February.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Strangely enough....Super Bowl Sunday was not a problem. I think I was prepared for it knowing it's a big drinking day. The day before? Not so much.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hey Wilcox...just wanted to say nice job! It doesn't matter where you decide not to have the drink, just the fact that you didn't. Being able to be right outside the store and not having the drink is some real strength. Keep it up.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
BGJ

Ditto! Glad you didn't take that drink, Wilcox.

Heading to work now. Wishing everyone a nice, sober Monday night!
Old 02-06-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Welcome to all of the new classmates...
Great job, Wilcox...that takes strength.

I'm just finishing up first 48 hours. I have a bad cold so that may make not drinking a little bit easier? Maybe?? I think??

Jazz fish...I had been sober for about 6 years when I got together with friends from college who I had not seen in about 20 years. I had that pit in my stomach about what to say. She answered the door holding 4 cold beers and a big smile. I just said "ugh...I had to stop drinking years ago for my health" she probed a bit but left it alone.
Unfortunately I went back to drinking....only sneaking it in my house alone. I never drink out..crazy!!

Have a great night everyone xo
Old 02-06-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Morning all

...don't feel I have much to say right now. But I'll be around, reading along.
Have a good day.....
The next few are going to be a struggle here I think
Old 02-06-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Just had a nice chat with my girlfriend of ten years. She pointed out a lot of things...just wanted to write about how I'm thankful for her somewhere.

Other than that, it's now 7PM here and my anxiety is setting in pretty well. Won't have a drink though. Can't let that be an option.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hi, welcome to all of the newer people. Day 6 and feeling pretty good. Hanging out with the family after having Superbowl leftovers. Yay Pats! Gonna work out then head to bed. Night all!
Old 02-06-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I'm at the end of day 6 here, with a cat on either side of me and the dog snoring away in the corner. I'm a little apprehensive of the next few days, as it seems some have problems around the one-week plus mark, but remembering that waking-up-not-hungover feeling will get me through.

canguy, hang out as much as you need to. I did a lot of that myself.