Notices

The AV is my Enemy Weekender 08-11 Dec 2016

Old 12-11-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Soberandhealthy well done on not drinking. I am pleased in a way that you are mortified about going to work tomorrow because that means you care about yourself. Anyone who makes a really big deal out of it probably has issues of their own but most people won't.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sao have you heard about the flood in Stoke Newington 350 people evacuated from thier homes

Did you hear the same about Islington in October ?

Hope anyone affected by this is ok

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38281971
Old 12-11-2016, 12:08 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Just listened to Prince Ea (It's below - longish though at just over 5 mins).

Liked the finish - "You may not get a new beginning, but you can get to make a new ending."

Gonna keep this as my mantra for a little while

Last edited by Dee74; 12-13-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Soberwolf, I hadn't heard but i did hear of another in Islington again just last week

About time the utilities companies got a grip

teaorcoffee I had a problem with the link to Prince Ea (cool guy) it might just be me but if not here it is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ja-n5qUNRi8
Old 12-11-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Hugs to all xx
Old 12-11-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going petals?

Have you thought any on a plan to stay sober SAH?

D
Old 12-11-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey SAH glad you got through sober .

Got to go into work and face people ? hmm that reminds me of when i used to drink ... if i took one then it was a gamble as to the result ... 3 day blackout ... insulting friends .. ending up in a&e / ER .. falling over and hurting myself, cuts , bruises , lost wallets keys and phone .. leaving the oven on burning things .. blood pressure 210/180 the morning after ..

Drinking is a gamble that this time it will be ok , the longer my drinking career went on the more the odds of something bad happening increased and did happen .

If i stick to sobriety none of that has to happen ever again .

All my free time was filled up with drinking or planning the next one , when i got sober there were a lot of feelings to sit with and process , a lot of emotional states to ride out . posting here on SR every evening helped keep me accountable , reading , learning and encouraging anyone who seemed to be trying .

Hope everyones sunday was ok , monday here just , made it through another day a new one starts we all get to try again, make the next decision the one that counts .

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-12-2016, 01:27 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great day & week ahead everyone
Old 12-12-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening Weekenders

The nymber of orders is beginning to ease off at work as it always does by mid December. Good job too because lots of people are off work for one reason or another. I wonder how many are genuinely sick and how many have over indulged
Old 12-12-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Toss up on your musing there Sao as to whether it's true illness or overindulgence. At this time of the year one never knows. And you're never too old to play video games at home. My dad just upgraded his gaming system so that he can play his best friend. They each log into the game from separate cities and visit with each other while blowing away zombies or other combatants. They're 72. Sometimes they get one or other of my cousins to join in as well.

SAH, make some plans and then make more plans. You can do this.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening everyone just moved our old sofa out to the front & an old mattress & some old carpet thier coming to collect it tomorrow

Done my third set of weights & sweating with the windows open can't wait to have a long hot radox for men soak

Hope everyone has had a good day or is having one
Old 12-12-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I've had a rough day. The doctor I work for called in sick this morning and there was uproar. Apparently he never calls in sick...ever. Everyone was coming up to me all day saying "jeez what did you do? You are working him too hard" etc etc. The other consultant came in. He considers himself a "comedian" and he said "what happened to him?" I went a bit red and if he sees you going red he'll go on and on. I said "I don't know. Last time I saw him was Friday lunchtime. He skipped out of here saying he was going to a conference in Dublin". So he continued "you are his PA. You should know. Send him some flowers". I know he was only pulling my leg. I don't consider myself a PA. That means something different to me. Whatever the doctor does when he is off hospital grounds is nothing to do with me. I do enjoy the "banter" kind of...and I hate the word "banter".

I have 35 letters to type tomorrow before Wednesdays clinic. My own doctor's letters are easy to type as he speaks slowly and clearly into the tape. I could get all of his done in one and a half hours easily.

Anyway.

I'm at home now and I find the evening and nights very lonely. I thought when I moved out of my parents, that my problems would be solved. I was wrong.

I share a house with a group of university students. I have nothing in common with young lads. I think they have exams now so I'm trying not to have my music blaring too loudly.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
Last time I saw him was Friday lunchtime. He skipped out of here saying he was going to a conference in Dublin".
Sounds dodgy to me. He must have a secret woman

Ruby, you are right about not being to old for video games but I have another reason for not playing them namely that I am both ultra competitive at games and not very good at video games so I don't play them. My older sister used to love regaling her friends with tales of my cheating and general underhandedness at games
Old 12-12-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Sounds dodgy to me. He must have a secret woman
He really doesn't seem like the type but you never know
Old 12-12-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry Tetra x
Old 12-12-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

LOL, Sao! That's the reason I don't play video or strategy games. It's not that I have to win--but there has to be at least an outside chance. If winning is not even within the realm of possibility, I'M NOT INTERESTED!
Old 12-12-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Cheating AND underhandedness? Sao!! I thought you were a fine upstanding citizen. Siblings will tattle.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:40 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Morning everyone (weĺl apart from those of you to whom I should say evening .. .afternoon or goodnight)
Hope everyone is ok. It's raining and cold here.... not making getting up any easier!
Old 12-13-2016, 12:17 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning petals, morning Weekenders

Recycling day here, I have been at work for 20 minutes and am bored already.

That's big sisters for you Ruby. No wonder my girlfriends never lasted long
Old 12-13-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Do your best

I like strategy & stealth video games (Mass effect, Hitman, Dishonoured, Deux ex) doesn't mean I'm grate at them bar mass effect I love that series #CommanderShepard