Notices

The AV is my Enemy Weekender 08-11 Dec 2016

Old 12-09-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good work quitter

Quiet at work today - at last. Some people are holding an office chair Grand Prix. I think mine is probably to old to take part (as is its user).

Dark here already at 4.45pm
Old 12-09-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Feeling you saou, same is happening here. At least we know that on the 21st we'll be heading in the opposite direction!
Old 12-09-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am getting a big chuckle out of the "office chair Grand Prix!"
Old 12-09-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I am getting a big chuckle out of the "office chair Grand Prix!"
LOL! We have a new open plan office and polished floor at ground level, more room and minimal rolling resistance makes it ideal for such malarkey
Old 12-09-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

This might be quite a long post and I apologise in advance.
I work at a hospital. It's office work but the hospital is not exactly a stress free environment. I've had a rough week.
We have planned a secretaries night out. I thought it was tonight but I got mixed up and it's actually next week. I had planned on staying in my house for the weekend but now I'm lonely and I think I should have gone to my parents instead.
I don't have a lot of friends. Of the friends I do have, a lot of them are married and have their own lives and I don't like to bother them too much.

Of course my parents is not exactly a stress free zone either.

My Granny died last year. (My mother's mother). I was close to her but I had no idea until after that she did have money.

Here is where things get complicated. Granny left her house to 3 of her daughters. The money in her account was supposed to be divided among 3 other daughters (my mom included) but after the funeral it seemed to be that her account had been cleared.

At first my aunt was saying that Granny gave her the money as a gift. Then she claimed Granny transferred all her money to her for some reason.

My mother is an extremely difficult person but as the eldest daughter she was very good to Granny all her life.
Needless to say my mom is very upset that all her brothers and sisters seem to be clubbing up against her to stop her getting whatever.

Then it seemed to be that my aunt was going to sell some land and replace what was gone. My parents were brought in to the solicitor to sign some forms. My dad is our resident legal eagle and he said my mom was signing nothing until he took the documents home to read it over. He discovered some mistakes and was apalled.

To be fair my father is a good decent and honest man. My mother's oldest brother is now going around calling my parents nasty names. My mom has not seen or spoken to most of her family for over a year.

Now they wish to have some kind of "family" dinner party next week to clear the air. She is hell bent on not going and called me today to ask me to go in her place. I have absolutely no intention of walking into that snake pit. She calls me for a rant and says "it does me good to have you to talk to". It does not do me good. I get upset and then my dad calls me to say "you worry about yourself and your job. This is nothing to do with you".

So in spite of our differences, my mom was very good to her family always and so was my dad to his in laws, and I am enraged that they are being treated like this. ( Trying to get them to sign fraudulent legal documents? Really? I never thought my aunt and uncle would be so greedy). My mom was asked to sign 3 different pages. All with 3 different figures on them. The solicitor needs to be struck off as well).

So that's how I feel right now. I feel my heart pounding every time I think of my 'family'. I used to be quite close to my aunts. I lived with them for a while.

I just needed to vent a little. I am kind of seeing a new guy and I know I have to get on with my own life. I would spend the evening with him but he is working right now.

I also feel bad because this is causing my parents some stress. I worry about my dad a lot. We are very close. In fairness my mom has problems, my sister has problems. My brother doesn't live in this country plus his wife has made it clear that she doesn't like us. So my dad is all I've got.

Anyway thanks for letting me talk a little. I feel less tense just having typed this out.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

(((((Tetra)))))

Follow your dad advice about the dinner. It's got nothing to do with you, especially not about "clearing the air!"

It's a matter between your mother (and your dad) and her sisters.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's absolutely no need for you to involve yourself in all of that Tetra, and unreasonable of your mother to ask.

D
Old 12-09-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

It was like a summer day today. The weather was very cold but now it has become extremely mild. I can't believe it's 2 weeks to Christmas. I guess real winter in Ireland is January to March.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FB_IMG_1481307895210.jpg (41.7 KB, 74 views)
Old 12-09-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great pic Tetra

D
Old 12-09-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

That is a great picture, Tetra!

I wish I could be three places at once tonight to give some friends a shot in the arm, but I'm feeling too physically miserable. I wish I could be at my jovial best for them.

It's nothing serious--it'll be fine tomorrow--but tonight is when I think they could really use me. I'm sad that there's nothing I can do to lift my friends' spirits a bit right now.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

OK. I can't even sit still for one night without producing amusement!

My husband and son were just in the other room wrapping Christmas gifts.

I wasn't paying them much mind, when all of a sudden I heard a loud booming sound. My son was spinning around blowing into a long cylinder.

"Put that back!" I screamed. "That's your birthday present!"

It turned out to be an empty wrapping paper roll.

His present, a didgeridoo, is still upstairs in my closet. So much for that surprise!

I should've saved myself a few bucks!
Old 12-09-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 12-09-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I am not doing husband wants to leave me again and I'm back to alcohol drinking. I went to my office Christmas party lasts night and I made a fool of myself real bad the feeling of wanting to end my life are back I hate who iam so badly and no one in this world can help me no friends no family no sponsors can someone help me I am so crying for help
Old 12-09-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey Now!!!! Get a hold of yourself please? Things will only seem worse with alcohol. Call a hotline or find a meeting now or even Read, Read, Read all the success stories here. Everyone is valuable and life WILL GET BETTER! Try to get some rest and sleep off the drinks then start fresh with a plan when your mind is clearer! We CARE! Lots of HELP here!
Old 12-09-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SAH

can you see how every time you drink you just lock yourself into this cycle?

Pour out whatever you have. Noone wants to see you end up in the ER again .

Can you get a bit of paper and write down things you can do instead of drinking?

Put it on the fridge or something - 'THINGS I CAN DO FOR MY RECOVERY'?

D
Old 12-09-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Soberandhealthy i'm sorry you are drinking again. I think you are worth a lot more than the way you treat yourself. Try posting here or at least somewhere on SR when you feel like drinking but prior to picking up. It can be hard for other people to care about you if you don't care about yourself.

Gilmer, i am sorry you were feeling miserable, I hope things are OK

It is unseasonably mild out this morning but very quiet. I do love the early mornings
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20161210_062840.jpg (30.7 KB, 57 views)
Old 12-10-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sober and healthy ,
there aint nothing in life that a drink cant make worse .

Drinking just made me feel more wretched , the escape is a fantasy as you only end up with less money , less control over the situations going on infront of you, procrastinating and feeling sick.

also alcohol is a depressant took about 6 months alcohol free for a depression i had to lift.
Sometimes being sober aint a bunch of laughs, thats life though not the fault of sobriety.
Sobriety is worthwhile and with time life becomes far more manageable.
I hope you stay with us

Hey everyone else , nice to see ya , hope everyone gets through the weekend , if you didnt now is the time to start again .

When i learned to ride a bike i fell off, i didnt stay flat on my back tho, i got up and got back to it again, grazed knees , bruised elbows... i wanted it so bad ..

Bestwishes m
Old 12-10-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Tetra, you're right in not going. It still amazes me how money rips families apart and how sane people turn into something far less than desirable after someone dies. I'm so glad you have your dad for support in this.

Gilmer, that's a riot! I can see how that noise could sound like a didgeri!

Soberandhealthy, my heart is in pain for you. I wish you could find what you need to stop this spiral. I think part of what you're saying is key. You think that no one in this world can help you but you're wrong. You're just looking in the wrong place. The one person who can help you is you. All the support, people, and programs in the world aren't going to make a difference until you come to the realization that alcohol will never be the answer. You want this, you want to be free of this and you know it. Life is so much better without alcohol but you have to want it. You have to want it more than you want to drink and no matter what the circumstance is. We have all been there, we all know exactly how you feel. What have you done since the last episode occurred? Do you have any kind of a plan in place that you will follow when the time comes to drink? Have you thought of admitting yourself into a rehab? You know what you're doing isn't working. No one wants to see you hurt yourself. You're crying for help but no one can do the work for you. There's a whole lot of support and love here but you have to want it. Dismissing and saying that there's no one out there that can help you is the AVs way of keeping you in it's clutches. You CAN do this, but you have to want it more than you want to drink. Do you think you can do that? We can all extend our hands out to you but you have to be the one wants the help.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Great idea Dee and some really helpful posts already.
I'm on board
Jonathan
Old 12-10-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have been to see Walt Disney 's Moana with my eldest grandaughter who will be 5 in January. It is an excellent film, I won't go into detail to avoid spoilers but I wanted to say that although it has a "U" classification in the UK meaning anyone can watch it, I would say 5 is as probably the lower limit. Grandaughter Chloe not scared by the chief baddie, the Lava Monster (although I was) but was scared of a panther. In other news I think learned from her too that I am 3rd choice babysitter behind my ex wife and daughters in laws. Ce la vie.