Notices

Thanksgiving Weekender 22-27 November2016

Old 11-29-2016, 02:07 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Thanks, PJ. I put all his pills in a Ziploc. When he was ready to leave, they were still on the kitchen table; I had to go and bring them to him. I hope he follows through on taking the steroids correctly. He's totally absent-minded.

I'm absent-minded on many things that people tell me, but I've got a mind like a steel trap when it comes to taking medication!
Old 11-29-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry about your notebook Trees, i suppose it is possible that someone finds it and is able to contact you. Fingers crossed
Old 11-29-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Or if there's no contact information, they took one look at it, couldn't make heads or tails of it, and tossed it.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I've had a difficult day.
First I had booked a lady for surgery this afternoon who lives 2 and a half hours away. The bed management people were supposed to call her around 10 am to tell her if there was a bed or not. They called her at noon to be here before 2 PM. Where is the sense in that? The doctor dropped by after lunch and said he heard about the crazy situation.

Then in the afternoon I was on my own. I got a call from my doctor at theatre and he was furious. He wanted me to take down a letter and send it to the general manager/ chief of whatever and yadda yadda. It was something about he was supposed to have 2 theatres today but wound up with 1. I got it into my head that this was something I did or should have known. I started worrying and reading back over emails to see if I missed something. It turns out I didn’t.

I seem to worry way to much about things that are not my fault or are on no way connected to me.

I asked him the story when he got back and he said "the patients today got done but they took my emergency theatre off me and in this hospital, as with life in general, if you don’t fight for yourself, you'll get nothing." I should probably remember that.

Ah here, I'm going back to teaching. He likes his letters way too much. A few weeks ago I was at the printer with my colleague watching my letters spit out of the printer. She said "so have you typed any letters to the minister for health yet? Look I'll just use the printer down the hall. In fairness you will be here until midnight".

(I probably won't go back to teaching!)
Old 11-29-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

It's funny how the doctor who likes to "fight for the rights" has ended up with the secretary who doesn't like to make trouble for anyone. Perhaps I'll learn something here
Old 11-30-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Last night was the coldest November night in London since 1994 (OK it was still only minus 4C but still pretty chilly) Not the ideal time for my tumble dryer to stop drying. It appears that I purchased it in October 2010 meaning the parts warranty ran out a month ago, typical

I have been really busy at work this whole month which is good but I shall be pleased when things ease off which they should do soon
Old 11-30-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

At work today I was booking up children for surgery. I looked at the booking forms and in a few cases I had no idea if the names were boys or girls. Normally I would call the parents and say "your son/daughter is on the waiting list for surgery. I have a free slot. Would he/ she be ok to come in?" This time I had to say 'your child is on the waiting list"...

What happened to good old fashioned names like John or Sarah?
Old 11-30-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I suppose they should put a gender box on the booking form if they think it is important but i don't suppose it is very important for surgery on a child, especially a young one. Where i live a sizable percentage of the population are from overseas so it would not be easy to tell the patients sex from their name
Both of my daughters names are occasionally used for boys (with a slightly different spelling)

I expect that in a generation or two we will just be given numbers instead of a name
Old 11-30-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I have stopped answering my colleagues phone when she's not there as it will be some query about her doctor who I haven't a clue about and I've enough bother trying to keep tabs on my own guy.

Unfortunately her phone rang today. She wasn’t there but he was so he picked it up as a kind of joke I think. So it was a GP asking about his waiting list. So Mr. Smith said "how long is Mr Smith's waiting list? About 10 years". I think the GP got a shock because he was laughing and said "this is Mr Smith. I do everything around here. Surgery, answering the phone, maintenance etc." It was kind of funny... I guess you had to be there

Tomorrow is not pay day unfortunately so it's unlikely I'll be up that early. I will say it now:

Shotgun !!!!!
Old 11-30-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

LOL! You never know, Tetra! My neck problems could wake me up at just the right second!
Old 11-30-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I hope your neck problems don't trouble you Gilmer, that can't be much fun when it happens

Good Night gang, see you all on the new thread