Notices

'Fixing' the Broken Weekender 29 Sept - 3 Oct 2016

Old 10-04-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Originally Posted by Upward2Enlightenment View Post
What ever happened with your daughter's asthma attack over the weekend U75?
Thanks for asking, Up. She's on the mend. They chose not to admit her and sent her home after a few hours of meds and observation. She's taking prednisone now and it has mostly cleared up.

This was a bad one, though. Other than when they were toddlers, I don't remember any of my kids having an attack that was quite this serious. As of last night, she still had an audible wheeze, which is crazy because it usually doesn't last this long. Thankfully she's back to full lung capacity and no longer in discomfort.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

U75, I'm glad that your daughter is doing better. I imagine that was scary. Cool that your 11 year old helped with bedtime. Boys that age can be surprisingly tender and great with little kids.

MB rest up. I'd say you deserve a break.

Hey Gilmer! Celebrity meetings? I sold 24 cordial glasses to David Schwimmer for a post production party for a play he was in a good 18 years ago.

I held a check that Jerry Springer wrote for the purchase of furniture. I washed my hands afterwards. I didn't see him.

Short day at work today. Leaving to take son to the dentist for "Filling the cavity, part I". He has two cavities on opposite sides of his mouth so they are doing one at a time. Just wish he'd brush better.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I am glad your daughter is on the mend U75, fingers crossed it was the last bad attack

Rest up MB

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Has anybody else met anybody who knows someone famous?
I met Bond girl Caroline Munro at a film festival in West London maybe 18 months ago she was the helicopter pilot in The Spy Who Loved Me. She still looks good! (OK that's not exactly famous but it's the best I could do)
Old 10-04-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Ooh there is a hurricane a' coming! Gotta hunker down with bottled water and cans of Spam!
Old 10-04-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I think we still have Spam from Y2K!
Old 10-04-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

This thread changes every week. New people come in, others move on, and yet there is a Constant.

And that Constant is Spam.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Spam is pretty universal around here.

LightningBug, I hope that you are ready for the storm, Spam, notwithstanding. Now I want to go look at the weather announcements.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Do your best

Helping my brother to make rice the way I do

Going to take Glen out shortly

Hope everyone has a nice day/evening
Old 10-04-2016, 12:08 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
...holds the key

We ate our y2k rations well before the New Year ....they consisted mainly of Rice Krispie treats and Little Debbie snacks lol!

Happy Tuesday Enders!
Xo
Old 10-04-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Spam is pretty universal around here.

LightningBug, I hope that you are ready for the storm, Spam, notwithstanding. Now I want to go look at the weather announcements.
I've been out of the loop for awhile. Is bacon no longer a thing?
Old 10-04-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Bacon will always be a thing while i'm on the thread Gilmer

Spam too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20161004_212037.jpg (34.9 KB, 35 views)
Old 10-04-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening everyone
Old 10-04-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I don't think people are thankful enough. And I don’t think people are thankful enough for their bodies. So I'm going to take a moment here, before the mindless ecstasy of chocolate and biscuits, to notice what I'm thankful for about my body.

Well, as some of you know, I work as a medical secretary for a doctor. The doctor I work for is always extremely busy and therefore so am I.

He came to me about one month ago and told me to get the paperwork ready for a particular patient. As the patient has a serious form of cancer, he needed half of his tongue removed. It was a long and complicated procedure involving a large medical team, blood from the blood bank and up to 12 hours in theatre.

This morning I arrived at work as usual. I spent some time taking calls and chatting with my colleagues when there was a knock at the door. I opened it to be greeted by the above gentleman, dressed in pajamas and dressing gown. He handed me a sheet of paper with my job title on it.

I helped him to a chair and glanced at my colleagues. At this time every one was pretending to look busy.

Truthfully at this stage I wasn't sure which of us was going to pass out first! Me from shock (mostly because I had never seen someone so dangerously ill before)...and him for other reasons.

In a voice barely above a whisper, and between panting and wheezing, he managed to convey his query to me. The more he "talked", the stronger the image of Darth Vader was becoming in my mind. All that loud breathing....This gentleman is not quite 50 and does not have long left in this life as we know it.

I assured him I would take care of it and he set off back to the ward. My colleague turned to me and said "you handled that really well. I just couldn't look at him".

As I get older and turn a little bit more into my mom everyday, I get more sentimental and I want to celebrate and commemorate and stop and smell flowers and keep a gratitude journal and basically just take every opportunity to be self-reflective as the world around me is rushing off to Starbucks and to get in line for the next I-phone.

Which is why I'm going to pause for a moment and be thankful that I am whole. My entire body works, all at the same time. We learn very young to criticise our bodies and take little time to appreciate the fact that they work. Really it's wonderful to have a whole, functioning body. That’s kind of great in and of itself.

It's amazing how much I have to be thankful for. When you take a minute to think about what is good, it's amazing what you can come up with.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well said Tetra

We often take good health for granted
Old 10-04-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Very well put Tetra.

I experience back pain on a daily basis but, I also realise that there are others so much worse off.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight everyone
Old 10-04-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Night SW
Old 10-04-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I've just handed over a substantial sum of money to my landlord for rent and oil and I'm feeling slightly resentful. The house is not amazing. It is what it is I guess.
I bought a large bar of chocolate on my way home from work. I went out for a walk later on and bought a package of biscuits at a different shop. I don’t know why I did that. It brought forth a lot of bad memories when I would go to several different shops in one evening buying bottles of wine.
Anyway I just checked my drawer and I have too much junk food stashed away. Must stop.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

. Double post.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that, Tetra. So many minutes drift by, and we never give them a thought.