Notices

Music Helps Sober Weekender Sept 2 Part 2

Old 09-06-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Also thinking of you V...and sending more love.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I just ate a whole frozen pizza to myself- what?!?!! It was the thin crust one!!!!
Old 09-06-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

We're here for you Ven.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I just ate a whole frozen pizza to myself- what?!?!! It was the thin crust one!!!!
Does it being a thin crust one make a difference???

Just teasing Jen. Sounds like you were hungry.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Venecia, hopefully this goes well and your mom can get some rest. I remember being in thr hospital down the hallway from the sleep disorder/sleep study unit and thinking what an oxymoron it was after being woken for the millionth time. You get some rest too!

Son won't settle down to bed. Grr
Old 09-06-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thinking of you and your mom, Venny! xo
Old 09-06-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

And now it's time for bed. Back to school and can't stay up late. Son just went into his bedroom. I was going to let him sleep in the living room but I guess he opted out. It's hot and extremely sticky here and we don't have central air conditioning. Only a giant window unit.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Bodhi, I always look at frozen thin crust pizzas as being single servings anyway. You're alright.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
OK, my dearest Melina. I guess I'm going to be the buzz-kill here.

The last few months have posed struggles for you, sobriety-wise.

I'm sure you've seen the recommendations from veterans of sobriety that it's best to wait until you've got a year of sobriety chalked up before embarking on romantic relationships.

It's a good approach. As you know, I went through it earlier this year. It was good to deal with affairs of the heart without the added concern of trying to gain a foothold in sobriety and recovery.

Heartaches are hard enough. Early in sobriety -- even worse. And we've seen it on SR many times when folks think such recommendations aren't for them because "I'm different." Well ... lots of experience goes into that recommendation.

Anyway, know that I'm on your side and wishing for your day to get better.
Oh my sweet Venny, you aren't a buzzkill and you aren't wrong. And you took time to show care to me in the midst of everything with your mother? You're a saint and a love. I can tell your conscience wasn't going to rest until you said your piece to me. Bc I know you do t have time for this right now.

And I love you for it.

I completely understand the recommendation about the one year thing.

And I'm like Jen too. It's not that I think the rules don't apply to me, but I don't care sometimes. Sometimes I want to watch it all burn.

More will be revealed about this dude's character and intentions, or not, but I saw some reality escaping fantasy type infatuation with hints of forthcoming sexy time happening... Like I always say, I'm a good dog, but you gotta pet me sometimes.

I wanted a hit off that drug. He could either be relationship type material which would be so swoony! And you can't imagine how amazing it felt, after all I've been through with my ex and missing him and his son, to be with a fresh new person that told me to my face that I'm stunning and so interesting and got nervous around me.

Alternative was he is what we call in these parts a f$&€boy, I'm sorry for masking a swear word, Dee, it's important for the narrative. I guess I could say a fling? And that setup wouldn't have been horrible for me, either. Bc I don't get around and it would have been nice to have an understanding with a special, considerate and clean dude.

So I figured either way, I win. I never expected I would get all swooned up and ditched.

So that sucks.

But I mos def love you all for just circling around me. I want you all to be happy as much as you want me to be happy. Doesn't mean there aren't some hard truths to be said sometimes.

I wouldn't have mentioned it if I didn't want to hear every angle.

And it doesn't mean I won't go running over there at 2 am one night. But it doesn't mean I will, either.

I do love me even though I make it almost impossible sometimes. The one enduring thing I've gotten out of any stretch of sobriety is that I matter. I matter a lot.

I love you Venny, thank you and I'm thinking of you and Mom tonight. I know to my core how exhausting it is. I lived it with my Mom.

Thank you for offering a hug, Dee, you are very nice.

And LBrain, many many people navigate text in a great way. It's confusing to read tone sometimes, just as back in the day people complained on land lines that they couldn't see facial expressions and the tone was misconstrued as well.

I know texting can be ridiculous sometimes, but I get to check in with my best friend in Miami while she's on her lunch break and I can't talk and she wants to vent about her kid's learning issues, and my sister sends me pix of the new puppy, and my dad sends me his doctor's report, and a couple guys ask me for work and I either give them a chance or find them opportunities. I can do all that and more through text in an hour but I can not do that with a phone call.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Good night good people!
Old 09-06-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Thanks, Melina ~

Hats off to you for some speedy Processing and Reflection on your situation. I hear about 'Pump & Dump' Scenarios from our newly-Single Pals working Dating Sites. I mean, some real doozys of some Stories. Gomer, here, can't comprehend all the Fraud and Deception some Dating Site Folks toss out.

Some Old ***** at the Dog Park got uptight with me at the possibility that MesaDog might shake off River Water near him, but I literally just laughed him off. No such Dog Shaking even occurred. Hopefully, after he went Home and turned on his Lawn Sprinklers because Kids were riding their Bikes on the Sidewalk in front of his House, he pried himself out of his obviously-too-tight Skivvies and relaxed. I've always found such uptight Folks amusing at Dog Parks. It's like going to the Drag Races, and then complaining about the loud noise, eh?

Welp, this Gent singing is no Freddy Mercury. Not to mention a possible Case of Pipe Wrench Envy. Catchy lil '80s Riff, though...
- 'We Close Our Eyes' ~ Go West -

Last edited by Dee74; 09-07-2016 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I did a good job, Mesa, but it still hurts
Old 09-06-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

I know Melina xoxo
It's really rough sometimes!
Old 09-06-2016, 10:30 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Long distance hug Mel.

Night everyone.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:33 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Night xo
I'm gonna go to bed too xo
Old 09-06-2016, 11:34 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Morning all xx
Hugs to all xx
Old 09-06-2016, 11:34 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning

Hugs Melina
Old 09-07-2016, 12:02 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning x
Old 09-07-2016, 01:18 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Trach, sorry if I missed it but how's it going on the job front?
New career starts NOW.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:54 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
New career starts NOW.
CONGRATS TRACH!!!!! Happy for you!