Notices

Music Helps Sober Weekender Sept 2 Part 2

Old 09-05-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh I wont go to the dealer SU! Unless it's under warranty which I highly doubt it is. The warranty people are closed for the holiday today...I'll check again tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Back from the river, pot roast in slow cooker.
So far so good.
I went to mcdonalds to get my breakfast and I felt really guilty- but I told myself it was ok because it's a holiday!
But the line was too long; so I left and came home to make a veggie and hummus sandwhich with a banana- kinda glad I did
Old 09-05-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Love it, noolan! Now or Never , indeed!
xo
Old 09-05-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha It was destiny, Jen! Hummus sounds really good after all the Cheetos I just devoured!
Old 09-05-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Ha It was destiny, Jen! Hummus sounds really good after all the Cheetos I just devoured!
Well on thurs I ate an entire large bag of zesty doritos- I need to make up for that!
I love cheetos too!
Old 09-05-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Noolan View Post

Very cool! Love it!

Welcome to the weekender!
Old 09-05-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Spent the afternoon on the rocks at two light state park. The huge surf did not disappoint. Of course with waves and people come stupid people. Dogs are never to be off leash. I watched this small dog go ahead of the two girls in there 20's and get so close to the waves that the dog got drenched. I thought for sure the dog was a goner but he held on and the waves overtook his little face. Then when the dog managed to get free she was pointing and laughing. STUPID!!!! I was so angry. Then if that dog did get pulled in more she would go save it and then she would be in trouble as well. That was stressful. Then parents with kids about 10 years old were letting them go all the way down on the wet rocks. People they are wet cuz that's where the water comes up fast! Ugghhh. I had to look away. But other than them the crowds were nice.

I have never seen so many people at the rocks. I usually have the place almost to myself.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Well on thurs I ate an entire large bag of zesty doritos- I need to make up for that!
I love cheetos too!
And didn't share!!!! Bad Jen.

Brynn ~ I doubt warranty will cover it but it's worth a shot.

Hey Noolan
Old 09-05-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Spent the afternoon on the rocks at two light state park. The huge surf did not disappoint. Of course with waves and people come stupid people. Dogs are never to be off leash. I watched this small dog go ahead of the two girls in there 20's and get so close to the waves that the dog got drenched. I thought for sure the dog was a goner but he held on and the waves overtook his little face. Then when the dog managed to get free she was pointing and laughing. STUPID!!!! I was so angry. Then if that dog did get pulled in more she would go save it and then she would be in trouble as well. That was stressful. Then parents with kids about 10 years old were letting them go all the way down on the wet rocks. People they are wet cuz that's where the water comes up fast! Ugghhh. I had to look away. But other than them the crowds were nice.

I have never seen so many people at the rocks. I usually have the place almost to myself.
You know, sometimes I beat myself up and think I am stupid. Then I look around at people and realise I'm actually pretty smart.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I need to think of a hobby or something like an evening class because I have nothing in common with my university house mates and I find the day goes by in a flash but the evenings and nights are so long.

One of the ladies in the office came back from a trip to Spain. I barely know her but she brought back some souvenirs (nothing experience but nice!) for every one. I didn't think I would be included but then she said "here's one for you Tetra". It was so nice of her. I do like the office camaraderie which is something I didn't get a lot of when I was drinking. She asked me how I was settling in as I hadn't seen her since my first week. I said "better now I think".

Then some one interrupted and said "yeah but the doctor said he would be going easy on her for the first few weeks".

Going easy on me!! I've never worked so hard. Ever. It's the constant stream of endless telephone calls..And paperwork
Old 09-05-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

So this is my new favorite thread! I'll be a more active next weekend pho show. In the midst of cleaning my apartment and heading to my mom's later to grill out with some family. I might even make an app.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

We've cut over to doin' The Bacon Thang in the Oven. However, we also use a Decades-old 'Microwave Bacon Tray'. Google it. I can't link it because it's all Sites selling them. Verboten here @ SR. Whatever deadly Material from China they're made from, they absorb some Energy, and heat up. This crisps up the Bacon. Grease drains down the built-in slope of them. Cover with a Paper Towel while cooking. No muss. No fuss. The color of the preferred one is 'Putty'. Or, that's what that color was called in Corporate Cubicle World.

My sympathies on dealing with The Public, Tetra.

I spec'ed out Dual Ear Headsets for our Tech Staff eons ago. Then, I hot-wired a way to have them optionally play Music when the Phone wasn't ringing. Early in my Career, I'd be given all the tough Tech Calls from those Callers having serious Accents. Turns out that hearing something through both Ears simultaneously causes the Brain Hemispheres to process it differently. That, and I learned to not obsess on a misunderstood word. I'd let the entire Sentence flow by, and then back-fill what the word must have been. Accents thick enough to cut with a Chainsaw from some of these Hard Science Guys...

A Gal Coworker I trained knew her Guano. However, there were still some Old School types who had to get the identical answer from a Male. Yah, fine, whatever... She and I could lean back in Chairs from our Offices, and see one another. So, when I heard her patiently giving out correct Tech Info - to no avail - I'd look over to see her leaning back in her Chair. She had a gag Screwdriver; a tiny one used for making Electronic Instrument adjustments. It had an - um - Anatomically-correct Male Handle. She'd open her Desk Drawer; take out said Screwdriver; point to it; and then point to me to let me know a difficult Tech Call was being transferred to me for an authoritative Male answer. A good giggle that prevented some meltdown Customer Service Scene right out of the Film 'Office Space'...

- 'Mississippi Queen' ~ Leslie West _ Live -
Old 09-05-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noolan View Post

So this is my new favorite thread! I'll be a more active next weekend pho show. In the midst of cleaning my apartment and heading to my mom's later to grill out with some family. I might even make an app.
Glad to hear it Noolan... We start fresh every Thursday morning around 5 EST.

Glad you enjoy the company here. I love this bunch.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

well that did not work, tried posting video from youtube

anyways Happy sober Labor Day
Old 09-05-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I've been doing some painting lately- trying to do that instead of drinking- you guys want to see some?!
Be nice because I'm shy!!!
Old 09-05-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

My painting desk is right in front of a huge window- my bird flies over and sits literally right beside me and sings and chirps at me!!! Haha
Isn't that cute!
Old 09-05-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I think they are very good Jen.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
I think they are very good Jen.
Thanks- I hope to get better! Just making my way along!
I'm getting better- you should've seen my first one- let me see if I can find it hahaha
Old 09-05-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I found it! The first one ever hahaha
Old 09-05-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Fred ~ in YouTube click the share and copy that url.
PHP Code:
https://youtu.be/IYzlVDlE72w 
or from the address bar 
https
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYzlVDlE72w 
To post the video use the YouTube button and the portion from above after the backslash or after the equal sign.
PHP Code:
[YT]IYzlVDlE72w[/YT