Notices

Day Two.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Jennes, I am new to this also. I can relate to everything you said. And the support on this site is unbelievable.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Where is the 24 hour connection?
Old 09-02-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. Its tough when drinking becomes the "go-to" remedy to our problems. What ends up happening is that drinking becomes a problem.

Good job on 2 days. This is a tough stage but if you hold tight to this (and other) support groups and what they have to offer you can have that access to the happiness you desire.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post. I started isolating and looking forward to drinking at home in my 20s too. I encourage you to keep reading and posting here. You have made a wonderful decision. Welcome.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Shelby04 View Post
Where is the 24 hour connection?
here 'tis

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-162-a-15.html

D
Old 09-02-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Jennes!

Your original post sounds so much like me.would rather stay home and drink 1.5-2 bottles of red a night and watch my shows. Isolating myself and never going out.

Except August 6th I came down with alcohol induced pancreatitis. I also have a fatty liver. Anyways, spent 5 days in the hospital and decided I can't do this anymore.

It hasn't been easy. Especially when 5pm comes around and evening comes. Still get restless or sad/miss it. But I know it's just my AV.

I made the goal of at least making it the a month and in now on day 27

Keep it up! Good work on making it to day 5!
Old 09-03-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Summerfall!

Thanks for reading my post and for the comment. Glad to see I wasn't the only one with such a routine. And that we're both changing that. That's awful about your pancreatitis, I'm sooo glad you got it treated. I knew someone who actually passed away from that because he never went to the doctor when he started having symptoms plus he was in huge denial about his many substance abuses. I always had high blood pressure from drinking, and it's finally at a decent level. It's amazing how quickly your body can bounce back after telling you there's something wrong. Definitely not easy to quit but worth a long healthy life!

Really cool that you've already made it to 27...now 28 days. It's rough for me in the evenings too, so I'm trying to just get through one night at a time.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome!! Congrats on making one of the best decisions of your life!!
Old 09-03-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Jennes,

I too was a functioning alcoholic for many years in my late 20's and early 30's. It escalated to drinking for most of the weekend, and trying to face work on many Mondays hung over. I was doing this to self-medicate anxiety and concerns about relationships and where my life was headed. Once I got sober, I was able to face things head on and make positive changes. It was very helpful for me to read the posts on SR over the years, and also to attend AA meetings. Life is wonderful and I am so happy to be sober, and not to have to worry about all of the difficulties that drinking brings. You will get there too! Hugs to you.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jennes View Post
Hey Summerfall!

Thanks for reading my post and for the comment. Glad to see I wasn't the only one with such a routine. And that we're both changing that. That's awful about your pancreatitis, I'm sooo glad you got it treated. I knew someone who actually passed away from that because he never went to the doctor when he started having symptoms plus he was in huge denial about his many substance abuses. I always had high blood pressure from drinking, and it's finally at a decent level. It's amazing how quickly your body can bounce back after telling you there's something wrong. Definitely not easy to quit but worth a long healthy life!

Really cool that you've already made it to 27...now 28 days. It's rough for me in the evenings too, so I'm trying to just get through one night at a time.
I couldn't NOT go to the hospital. I was in so much pain. I was on morphine drip the first 3 days and was not allowed food or even water. It had to rest completely to get the elevated enzymes to come down. It was a big wake up call.

Fast forward to now, I don't think I have ever drinken so much tea in my life! Just to have SOMETHING. It is getting a bit easier though. I've been doing mostly decafe since the hospital too and I must say, giving up alcohol and caffeine has helped my anxiety so much.

The first 2 weeks I literally did not know what to do with myself when late afternoon/evening came... I ACTUALLY started going out! Meeting up with friends I hadn't see in forever cuz I would rather stay home and drink alone than go out, going for walks or bike rides, reading, staring at the wall etc lol

I still sometimes wake up thinking I might be hungover... But then quickly realize oh, I didn't drink. My nights were a habit, and I realized so were my mornings of feeling like **** and trying to remedy it.