Thread: Day Two.
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Summerfall

Originally Posted by Jennes View Post
Hey Summerfall!

Thanks for reading my post and for the comment. Glad to see I wasn't the only one with such a routine. And that we're both changing that. That's awful about your pancreatitis, I'm sooo glad you got it treated. I knew someone who actually passed away from that because he never went to the doctor when he started having symptoms plus he was in huge denial about his many substance abuses. I always had high blood pressure from drinking, and it's finally at a decent level. It's amazing how quickly your body can bounce back after telling you there's something wrong. Definitely not easy to quit but worth a long healthy life!

Really cool that you've already made it to 27...now 28 days. It's rough for me in the evenings too, so I'm trying to just get through one night at a time.
I couldn't NOT go to the hospital. I was in so much pain. I was on morphine drip the first 3 days and was not allowed food or even water. It had to rest completely to get the elevated enzymes to come down. It was a big wake up call.

Fast forward to now, I don't think I have ever drinken so much tea in my life! Just to have SOMETHING. It is getting a bit easier though. I've been doing mostly decafe since the hospital too and I must say, giving up alcohol and caffeine has helped my anxiety so much.

The first 2 weeks I literally did not know what to do with myself when late afternoon/evening came... I ACTUALLY started going out! Meeting up with friends I hadn't see in forever cuz I would rather stay home and drink alone than go out, going for walks or bike rides, reading, staring at the wall etc lol

I still sometimes wake up thinking I might be hungover... But then quickly realize oh, I didn't drink. My nights were a habit, and I realized so were my mornings of feeling like **** and trying to remedy it.