Notices

Finding Strength Weekender August 26th - Part 2

Old 08-29-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
U75, you think YOU have it rough, my kids won't even touch lasagne. Don't beat yourself up about the dinner. I used to feel so guilty that I fed my son corn dogs for breakfast. But. It was something he'd eat, it was sort of a protein and it would stick with him. Otherwise he'd turn his nose at the healthy stuff I'd make and he'd have no breakfast. Or he'd eat too much cereal. Or jam and bread, nothing else.

They will hopefully figure it out at some point
My niece is like this too ruby.
Its crazy! She just won't eat!!!
Old 08-29-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Did someone mention pointy toed boots? Made me think of these which is a real thing. Google Mexican pointy toed boots. Personally, I prefer square toed boots and shoes.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hey all!

I hope everyone's day is going well. The architecture cruise was awesome. Just perfect perfect weather for it. And then I went to a massage and it was heavenly.

I ate fast food though, no big deal but I always feel kinda guilty when I do. I eat plenty of other junk food but for some reason fast food feels like a guilty secret. The Cheetos and the sour patch kids I totally flaunt. Haha.

I'm happy I carped the diem bc it was raining for a bit here later on.

I'm going to go meet my sister's new puppy and then figure out dinner.

I'm sending out the message that my house could use a little attention and it's depressing. Just one good hour of work will have it back together. Send your good house cleaning motivational juju.

I've been reluctant to throw out garbage again bc I can constantly hear the rats in the dumpster at night again lately... So freaking gross. I made another anonymous complaint to the city. This has never happened at any other place I've lived in Chicago, and it's bc of the gross house across the alley that has rat burrows all in the foundation area.

That's it for now, I really wish I had some slow cooker pot roast. That sounds heavenly!
Old 08-29-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
March 2018
He's in Louisiana- he's from Texas
and behind bars....

just like you protect yourself from radiation, TIME, DISTANCE, AND SHIELDING
Old 08-29-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
and behind bars....

just like you protect yourself from radiation, TIME, DISTANCE, AND SHIELDING
Haha xoxo
Old 08-29-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I left at 1PM on the dot, spent 15 minutes doing a lap while she bade a farewell to the son, got home at 654PM - not a bad round trip to JFK airport from here
sitting in the driver seat for six hours... had to pee when I stood up hahahahahaha
in other news, I heard on the radio that Gene Wilder passed...
Old 08-29-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

rats in a slow cooker? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm sure you can make them tasty Mel...
Old 08-29-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I go away and come back to see the you must wait message... then a double post...

btw, thanks for the comments about my pergola... I'm gonna rest up the rest of the day and get back to work on it tomorrow...
my young apprentice had to take some pics of it before he left, his first real anything he helped build...

Last edited by LBrain; 08-29-2016 at 04:18 PM. Reason: double post
Old 08-29-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

LBrain, thank me now or thank me later but I have the perfect Phase II options for the Pergola of Pensiveness!

Weddings by LBrain:

Brain Meets Dior

Brain's Study in Blue

Mr. and Mrs. Brain's Outdoor Lounge

Old 08-29-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lol Love it Venny!!! xo

I was think the pergola of pontification but I like the pensive thing better!
Old 08-29-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ruby, I'm still laughing at those pointy toed boots! Hope those guys aren't clumsy those things could inflict some serious damage!
Old 08-29-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha I just noticed the Land of 10,000 Beers sign in the first photo! Those displays look like they were made by someone who drank a few of those 10,000 beers!
Old 08-29-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Pot roast turned out sooooo good- gonna have to walk it off at the river.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Finally home from one of the longest days ever. At least it felt that way to me. I'm so beat. Finally getting some time to be alone. Had back-to-back meetings pretty much all day, plus a new hire to orient briefly, and then the function after work.
It will be crazy like this for a while.

Interesting thing - when I walked into my meeting Saturday morning, a lady I know from work was there. She's so funny and I just love her to death. So we have our own little secret now - it's nice. Too bad she's retiring in December. She had quite a bit of sobriety at one point, but had some things happen in her life that put her over the edge. She's been drinking again for a couple of years. Happy for her that she's getting it together again.

Too bad about Gene Wilder. Didn't realize he was that old, but I guess so, since I'm pretty old myself.

I'm sorry I'm not commenting on other peoples' posts. I read everything but my brain is so fried all i remember is crazy hair, pointy shoes, and grizzly bears. I might have some odd dreams tonight.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I couldn't get my teleporter finished in time.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Oh, wow! Brynn, I didn't even notice that. Wouldn't have chosen that photo if I had ... not great form for a sobriety site. Sorry, gang!

The pics are pretty small file sizes. In real life, they're quite artistic!

Yes, sad about Gene Wilder. What a talented man. "Young Frankenstein" is still one of the funniest movies ever made, IMHO.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Did some Fishin' in fab Weather. No Catchin', though. No worries. MesaDog snorted around the Shore, and got a lil Mud on him.

Then, we hopped in the Truck - after I cleaned the Trailer and dropped off Trash and Recycling - and headed to the Big City. Needed some more Coffee Milk, and something else I already forgot about. Did some Camping Site Recon, and drove up to a County Campground in the Foothills. It's free. So, the mix of Campers is all over the Map. Too claustrophobic for me, as were a few Commercial RV Parks I drove through while Sightseeing. I did score a very comprehensive List of all Campgrounds in the area from the Visitor's Center, so I'll look at some later via Google Earth. There's a massive Motorcycle Rally this Weekend, and a Festival or two. It's hoppin' here.

I helped a Missouri RVer fix his Trailer Running Lights, so the Karma's all shined up and good ta go. The bashed Toe feels better, so we went up an obscure Trail marked by only an old Ranch Gate. Very pretty. Lush Forest that we had all to ourselves.

Heat up some pre-cooked Chicken for Dinner, and mebbe sit out under the Awning while it Rains intermittently. A Daily Afternoon Gig 'round these parts...

Ya gotta be careful with that Teleporter stuff, SU. A Fly might get in the Teleporter Chamber wif ya...

Old 08-29-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Mesa to the rescue as usual!!!
If I ran into any trouble on my travels I pray I find a mesa!

Back from the river- probably burned about 200 calories- now I'm going to eat about 700 in pot roast- it evens out somehow right?!?!?
Guess I have to eat SU's plate too
Old 08-29-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Yes, Mesa to the rescue. Install fly strips near the teleporter.

I am soooooo bored tonight.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Yes, Mesa to the rescue. Install fly strips near the teleporter.

I am soooooo bored tonight.
I'm pretty bored too! More just too tired to do anything; so I'll probably just watch a movie