Notices

Newcomers Weekender Aug 19th - Part 1

Old 08-19-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

I think I can use the friend to dogsit....but I am going to back away from the friendship. I don't know anyone else who would stay at my house to care for my dogs and I don't want to put them in the kennel. She is totally available anytime.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Wally World sells yuge Boxes of Disposable Rubber Gloves, Brynn. Pack some into the local Library. Put on a pair with a resounding 'snap', and surf the Library Shelves before sitting down in a comfy Chair to sink into a good Book!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I have put my dogs in the kennel....but I prefer that they stay home if possible. And I have 3 dogs so the kennel gets expensive. But mainly, they are happier at home. One dog is getting old.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Brynn....I know what you mean about the library books. I wipe them down. The worst is when they stink of cigarette smoke. ...eck!!!!!!!! I have returned stinky books, unread.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Wally World sells yuge Boxes of Disposable Rubber Gloves, Brynn. Pack some into the local Library. Put on a pair with a resounding 'snap', and surf the Library Shelves before sitting down in a comfy Chair to sink into a good Book!
Lol Brilliant!!!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Haf I wipe them down too! So good to know I'm not the only one! Ive never been brave enough to smell them though lol!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Godson is zonked out guess I'll hit the hay, too!

Sweet dreams all
xo
Old 08-19-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Good night Brynn!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

HaF sorry you had such a rotten evening. It's tough when you're not keen on someone but they're doing something important for you. My mother in law watching the kids, for instance. Don't let it wreck your weekend.

I read in the elevator at work that Olympic athletes get taxed on their medals. $9,000+ for a gold medal?! I was astounded. Really?

Hey PK! Good to see you.

Just finished watching the Angry Birds movie with my kids. It was cute enough. Then they wouldn't settle down for bed. Daughter going through angst. "Mom, I don't want to lose you." Between lobbying me for the loft bed we saw in IKEA a few weeks ago. Sigh.

Tetra, at least he was honest about having been drinking. I always thought I was so slick, hiding my drinking when I talked. Not likely.

Time for bed. Long day
Old 08-19-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Whoa!!!! The value of a gold medal is approximately $600
Old 08-19-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Three dogs would get very expensive!
More expensive than a gold medal!
Old 08-19-2016, 09:01 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hi friends!

I like your posts, MrPL, it's like you've always been around here!

And hello to the new people who chimed in here. I'm too fried from a long day to remember your names or scroll back for them lol, how's that for a hearty welcome! But I am glad you are here and the best thing to do is post post post, it feels good and we relate deeply to every word you're saying. You ain't alone anymore!

I don't know how to live sober, and this thread is a mega gold mine for that. I've done everything here from working out relationship issues to asking how do I hook up my Apple TV and what is a good product for a clogged shower drain. Seriously. Between all of us here, we know everything and help each other.

I come on here to celebrate the big and little triumphs in life- like doing laundry now on a consistent basis. I come here to brag about that. I'm not saying I ever fold it, though baby steps!

Xoxo
Old 08-19-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I saw that too Ruby. I heard that a bill has passed the Senate and is waiting on the House to not tax olympic athletes for their wins. They are also taxed on any prise money they get at the Olympics.

At least the clothes are clean Mel.

P.S. If I don't mention anyone it doesn't mean that I'm not reading your post or not interested. As Melina said .... baby steps ... getting comfortable with the thread again.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
P.S. If I don't mention anyone it doesn't mean that I'm not reading your post or not interested. As Melina said .... baby steps ... getting comfortable with the thread again.
I'm gonna go ahead and take the very arrogant step of speaking for everyone that is on this thread....

Welcome home, buddy. We left the light on for you. xoxo
Old 08-19-2016, 10:26 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Thanks Melina .... and everyone!
Old 08-19-2016, 10:58 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Welcome to Weekenders cwood3

I agree that it is weird to tax the Olympic medals, especially so highly.

I am not the only person along the canal this morning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160820_065333.jpg (47.9 KB, 56 views)
Old 08-20-2016, 12:08 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Do your best

Tax on Olympic medals?

Nice pic Sao
Old 08-20-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning. Let the cat in the bedroom last night. He is normally never allowed. He is never gonna again. How does a tiny cat take my king size bed. One time I was sleeping with my legs bent and he decided to sleep in against the back of them. I went to turn over and he was in MY SPOT. Little bugger. He was banished after that. But restless night. Gonna try and get some more ZZZZZzzzzz....zzzzzz....zzzzz
Old 08-20-2016, 02:01 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Haha weasel, that made me laugh! My cat doesn't come anywhere near me when I'm drinking, but when I'm sober she does exactly what you describe. I'm looking forward to her coming back to sleep with me in the next few days. My plan for today is to make a cup of tea, tidy my bedroom and put on clean bed sheets-not drunken sweated on bed sheets. Put all this behind me. It will be ok, a day at a time.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Morning guys!

Cats actually hate me. All of them, seriously, not sure why and it's not mutual!

Another rainy day here in the UK but I don't care, got my wife and little ones back in the house (two boys, 2 and 4) and it feels great! Making me appreciate being sober even more!

Ok, let's try and catch up (I use notes by the way, memory can't keep up with you guys!)

Tetra - I m a book junkie myself, especially since I discovered old school classics are free on kindle! I do miss actually touching paper and turning the pages, but still lots of nice reads! Wonder how many I'll have to read to cover the cost of the kindle...

Julia - happy bday to your boy! Time does fly once kids get in the picture, my 4 yr old started correcting the way I speak recently !(English is my second language).

Brynn - maybe follow my lead and go for a kindle? That said MesaMan's rubber gloves solution sounds pretty sensible.

HaF - I say since she was nasty you should definitely milk dog sittings out of the friendship. Maybe underpay her so subconsciously you'll feel you're getting her back?

Melina - thanks for your post, this thread is amazing, I am definitely in for the long term. I get your laundry thing. Since detox ended I somehow feel like cleaning and doing diy on a regular basis, things I in principle neither like or am good at.

SSG - nice to see you being more positive today! One day at a time indeed.

Have a nice Saturday everyone!

P