Notices

Newcomers Weekender Aug 19th - Part 1

Old 08-21-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I like when their foot hurts so bad they can barely walk then 5 minutes later, when they forgot that it hurts, they are skipping / jumping on it.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

@sadsadgirl & Alyssa-

It is good to have a community where you can have understanding and accountability

I agree with Brain as well, however, I think it can be used to spark the initial flame of sobriety...

Today I worked on the stables in my town and my goodness it was extremely hard work. I'm beyond exhausted, and it was hot! Feels good to be so worn out its impossible to feel anxious though, considering doing some meal prepping for the week or perhaps reading a bit. And hopefully at some point change out of my stable clothes when I feel I can move off this couch lol.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Do your best

goodnight everyone x
Old 08-21-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Sao nails it yet again! Carbonale is here in CO; just down the Road from Aspen. Which leads to the perennial question among Locals: 'How's your Aspen'? I was up beyond Cell Service a few Weeks ago at Chapman Reservoir; about 25 Miles S.E. of Carbondale. Good Catch & Release Fishing before the Sun came up. I had the Lake all to myself. The Road I'm on is a recycled RR Grade from the 1880s. Pretty remarkable Engineering, and Hard Rock Tunneling through the Rocky Mountains to the left of the Pic below.

The Solar System Upgrade on the RV Trailer is going well. No muckups yet while drilling a few Holes, and freeing up Factory Wiring I need to connect to. I'm gonna strap longer Conduit Pipe on the Luggage Rack. It's way secure. Then, I can mount 3 - 100 Watt Solar Panels up there instead of the current 2. 'Tis toasty out there, but is cooling down some.

Robert Plant's Birthday was yesterday, so here's one for Brynn...

- 'Whole Lotta Love' ~ Led Zeppelin -

Old 08-21-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

My main pic is chapman reservoir lol
Old 08-21-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

I'm worried about tomorrow. I'm afraid this doctor will freak out when he sees Tetra at the desk instead of Sarah. I suppose if he has a problem I'll just point him in the direction of my managers office. It's all her doing anyway.
I did some typing on Friday and I printed out some appointment letters but I didn't post them yet as I'm so confused about which patient is supposed to come in fasting and who is supposed to be not fasting. I hope I'll pick it up in time.
My dad said take deep breaths through the day. The absolute worst thing to do is start panicking. Even my driving instructor says "don't forget to breathe. You are allowed to breathe you know".
Old 08-21-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

It's probably not the first time they have changed people around on the doctor, Tetra.
Your dad is right, breath and don't panic. You will get it soon enough.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

SloanGrace, Sadsadgirl and Alyssa, it's so great to see you here. SR has been instrumental for so many people in attaining their sobriety and living in recovery. The camaraderie is great.

Well, back from my quick visit home. Mom had an infected hand, origins unknown, but it responding well to antibiotics. Nonetheless, she is fragile and these things are hard on her.

Ruby, if The Rubester 2 doesn't have a future in gymnastics, maybe acting?

My ongoing fascination with creating smoothies continues. I just finished one with cucumber, blueberries, blackberries and -- wait for it -- kale! With almond milk and Greek yogurt. Quite yummy and very filling.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

well since today was a total washout... I am intending to get up EARLY, and get this whole thing started and finished tomorrow... not apposed to rain...
and thanks for asking... Why yes, yes I did sell the router that was in the basement. So no fancy stuff only what a jig saw and sander can do... I have the tools staged, and my horses are ready to go...

hope all had a good weekend... I'm getting ready to make linguine with clams, then relax, rest and sleep early...
gave the wife a job, mince three bulbs of garlic and call me in the morning...
laters..................
Old 08-21-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Linguine with clams! Yum

Welcome to Weekenders Alyssa

Tetra good luck tomorrow though I don't think you have anything to worry about

Carbondale looks good, mind so does most of the places MesaMan goes to

Well i'm off to bed, I hope everyone made it through the weekend and even if not keep posting and succeed next weekend

Last edited by saoutchik; 08-21-2016 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Autocarrot changed clams to clamp - useless with linguine as i'm sure everyone knows
Old 08-21-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sitting here watching Office Space in Tetra's honor.

Good luck tomorrow Tetra.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Tetra I have a feeling you'll do just fine at this new job! If it makes you feel any better , most everyone has new job jitters and most of the stuff we worry about never even happens!

Venny, I hope your mom continues to heal. It's so hard to see our parents age. I know this sounds weird, but sometimes I find myself feeling angry at my dad for getting old! I think it's cause it scares me and I don't know how to handle it, or how to properly handle it,so I just end up feeling mad sometimes about something he obviously has no control over! How's that for messed up?!

I don't have my usual Sunday night anxiety yay! Which is weird because ive got a pile of crud on my desk leftover from Thursday ugh! Hate starting the week behind but I guess the world won't end cause of it ha!
xo
Old 08-21-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Evening troops.

Hopelessly behind. Busy few days visiting relatives. Plus I have become partially deaf!! Can't hear a thing. Ears are blocked. Drops and warm olive oil are not shifting it. It's actually quiet funny!! Will try to catch up. I hope everyone is well.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Behan ~

The Root Cause of partial Deafness can be extended Marriage.

Don't ask me how I know this...
Old 08-21-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Children are another cause of deafness.

Old 08-21-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Lol!!
Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Children are another cause of deafness. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NTjmRs3pbM">YouTube Link</a>
Old 08-21-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

U75 - can you come fix my toilet? I have a running toilet too - lol. the flappy thingy was all warped so I had that changed, and now the new flappy thingy wont go down unless I push it down.

enough potty talk....
Old 08-21-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Back from up north. I'll try to catch up on the thread now.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Administrator

Chores await so, time for a new thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D