Notices

What keeps me sober? Weekender July 29th Part 3

Old 08-03-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I've been watching those Border Enforcement shows on Netflix. I think I'm watching the Canadian one this week, but I have a lot of shows in rotation. People are such liars on those border patrol shows. It cracks me up.

Every night the last thing I watch is an episode of "Friends." Yes, I've seen them all...a few times, probably. I never have nightmares, I like a good light good-night show. I wanted to watch M.A.S.H. the other night, but Netflix removed it. :upsidedownsmile:

I'm out. Sweet dreams to anyone who is thinking of winding down their day.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

HO_LEE GUACAMOLE!

There's this double Pole, large Power Line running the edge of this Campground about 150' away. I'm sitting here on Battery Power with the Trailer unplugged to protect against this Storm that just swept through.

This Lightning Bolt just hit this Pole. Knocked the Breath outta me from the concussive Air Blast. Brightest Light I've seen fo evah!

Nothing beats not being Electrocuted. While Sober...

- 'Let It Rain' ~ Eric Clapton ~ Live -
Old 08-03-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

well, I shifted into the design/technical planning stage of this thing...
and thought I would check the local zoning regs... there is more info on tv dish antennas than decks and such... and I'm allowed to have two yard sales a year, no more than two consecutive days and only allowed to place one 2x3 foot sign on my property advertising it... I guess those people who put signs up on every telephone pole in town don't know the rules...

Bim, I started watching those border shows too, started with canada - not sure I want to go there... after a few episodes I bored of it and watched the australian one for a couple episodes... the funniest part is the people from the far east bringing suitcases full of food through customs... what? Aren't Australian noodles good enough for ya?
and I am truly amazed at how many people think they just casually carry drugs across the border - it's mind boggling

I have 15 minutes to kill before I go pick up the wife... I texted her but nothing back... I guess she's still alive...
Old 08-03-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Lots of stuff to catch up on. Congratulations Uncle Behan! That's exciting! Little Finn will have s cousin to play with.

Well, after yoga I walked with both kids to the park where they went Pokémon hunting together. Son was far more into it than he implied he would be if forced to do it with his little sister. It was so cute watching them and barring a few behavior glitches, they played nicely and cooperatively together. It helped that I let them go ahead of me. Younger cat crossed the busy street to follow me to the park and I had to bring her home. Don't want her to get in the habit of crossing that street.

Anyway, SU, I have to write a motion to dismiss. I have a hard time because I hate thinking.

Brynn, it's karma. That's really cool.

Marty, hopefully Nugget is asleep. The snuggling is the fun part.

Anyway, after my ice cream I'm thinking I'd better go to bed.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:25 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Mesa I'm glad you are OK. That's scary. When I was in high school I went to the beach after a storm which wasn't quite over. A group of us got knocked down by the percussive air blast like you mentioned.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:45 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning

I"m glad you are OK Mesa.

Today is my last day for a week and a bit. I would really like to go to Barcelona for some decent weather but I equate Spain with drinking so I am going to hive it a miss. Maybe next year
Old 08-04-2016, 01:07 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I've left my holiday planning too late. I've been presented with Vanuatu or Samoa.

Gonna have to book now for next year for Rarotonga. Not sure if anyone's been.. But it's a little slice of mixed up - stray chickens, stray dogs, toddlers on scooters heaven.