Notices

What keeps me sober? Weekender July 29th Part 3

Old 08-03-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Wink

Old 08-03-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

ah! so I'm outside 'painting' stepping stones - in the sun again... I hear the door open and footsteps on the deck... a quick circle and going back on... I'm outta site... I said, you looking for me?
she's ill, ready to pass out etc... this apartment thing has taken over her entire being, then on way to shower, she is having a stroke, this or that and starts rattling off symptoms... my only recommendation was a cool shower and to think about the green stain on the timbers outside.
so it's shower for me cause I now have to drive her to work... she let's these things consume her - it drives me nuts,,, serenity now is not a possibility with her... I've learned to just let it go when she gets like this... but it grates on me fer sher...
later............
Old 08-03-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

She OK, man?
Old 08-03-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I don't really get what's going on brain....but I hope your day improves-
Old 08-03-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Everyone must be busy today. Quiet here.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by lunar View Post
There are 9.875 million people in my village - in case any one thinks it's easy being the village idiot.

Boris Johnson has been promoted to Foreign Minister so you see the sort of high level stupidity i'm up against
Old 08-03-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I don't kick the dog, cheat on my wife, steal from store shelves etc. either, ...
That's not what i've heard
Old 08-03-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Seems that I have killed the thread

Hey ho - who gives a s**t

Old 08-03-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I will have to arrange a reason to get away as soon as is polite
Perhaps Boris* could text you with an emergency? A catnip crisis? Lodged hairball? Or he needs you to pick up his dinner suit?

*The good one
Old 08-03-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Ooh, aarrrr. Thanks for the laugh Lunar. I love that one.

Brain, I hope that Mrs. B regains her peace of mind shortly. Sounds like how I feel when I'm having a go 'round with Mr. Ruby. All the physical symptoms. Eek.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm resting easier about the trip to Chicago now. I just talked to my dad and he's just so excited and grateful we are going to be there that he didn't even make me feel bad about anything. Hope that mood continues!
Old 08-03-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Zen Marty, zen. You can do this. I'm glad you're feeling better about the trip.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey guys!! Just checking in
What's up with your lady brain?
Old 08-03-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Hello, folks. Busy doing mostly nothin' at U-75 Casa today (and yesterday). Right now I'm lazing about in the hammock, having discovered that my wifi connection reaches all the way out here. Brutal morning in the hot sun, leveling the pea gravel in the hammock area and getting rid of the last of the weeds. Looks great now though. Kiddos are in the pool despite the drizzle, as it's still pretty hot outside.

Tested the new outdoor Bluetooth speaker last night with an outdoor movie. We have a cheap projector and an old rolling chalkboard that we hang a sheet over and use as a screen. The only problem was that we could never hear anything just using the laptop. Well, this thing PUMPS out the sound. Total success, and the kids had fun too. Had bratwurst, hot dogs, burgers and Italian sausage on the grill last night, along with a fresh salad, chips, and watermelon. Pretty nice summer evening here in Sconnie.

Hope all is well. Brain, having just planted this hammock post four feet into the ground yesterday, I sympathize with your predicament. Can you rent a gas powered post-hole auger? Those suckers will tear through pretty much anything.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I think she's gonna live... on the way to work she started mumbling about too much coffee, this that and the other things... the last thing she said was, "Don't forget to pick me up tonight." So I guess she's a little better...

Some good ideas Mesa... I stopped and priced out lumber on the way home, 150 bucks! hardware 50,,, but call it 70... another 10% on wood cause I didn't calc in corner bracing, plus a 'treatment' for contact wood -- don't know but prolly 50 a gallon... under 300 bucks! then there's the drape material and some incidentals to make it 'pretty'...
the most difficult part is going to be notching - dado - the cross members...
I know I can do it for under 300 and still have a bitchin pergola in that space...

thanks for asking about the missus... I tried to tell her 5 years ago to just sell it/unload it... it's her dream apartment, it really is in a nice building in a nice location... get what needs to be corrected done, sit on it for a couple years and dump it! I think around 7M r would break even... and that ain't ever gonna happen...
Old 08-03-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Js, the lady is suffering the psychosomatic effects of a problem back at home. She has a tendency to over react to stressors... she'll be fine. But if anything does go wrong, she's already at the hospital
Old 08-03-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Do your best

Here's a song that is currently my song of the moment

Old 08-03-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
That's not what i've heard
well... I guess as long as it's sanctioned, it's not really cheating, but she said to make sure I have protection... so now I carry a gun with me everywhere...

"I may be an idiot, but I'm no fool."
Old 08-03-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

On the train home. Fretting because I have writer's block. I have to get something written by Monday. I picked the due date thinking it was straightforward but subsequently realizing there was a glitch. Rats. I guess it's OK. I do better under pressure.

Glad Mrs. B is recovering and that you have a less costly alternative for pergola construction.

U75, that evening sounds idyllic. Really awesome.

I was dealing with unhappy campers last night. I downloaded Pokemon Go on my phone because my daughter wouldn't stop bugging me and I also figured that the kids and I could do it together. Son had earlier asked and I had said No but changed my mind. He got extremely upset. I heard "you betrayed me" amongst the tears and anger. I can just never win.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Evening all.

My little sis has been in labour all day. When I wake up in the morning, I will know the gender of junior's closest cousin. Very exciting!

B