Old 08-03-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Thanks, Dee.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats Brain.

Thanks Dee for the new thread.

Nons, hope you get some relief soon from the kidney stones. What a rotten tightrope to walk between comfort and fear of the medication.

Melina my fruit flies are getting ridiculous now. I did a cider vinegar trap like Marty and Brain suggested and I've caught some. Best offense would be to get rid of all the food they want but since it's fresh produce season that's not going to happen.

Time to roll out with my day.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

NONS - take the medication/// when I had the worst shoulder pain I was given a couple scripts for tramadol - I think - it did the same thing for me... not sure if I filled the second one or not, but I was definitely aware... I just let it go and moved on, it didn't spark a desire in me to drink or to chase the buzz... just don't take them like candy and you'll be fine I believe

well it's the hump day for some... be aware of your triggers from work, and also be mindful that this is also the proverbial wind down to the weekend... as others around the office start verbalizing their weekend plans of bar-b-q and party/picnics, son't fall into that envy mode that 'they' can drink and you cannot. It's not that you can not drink, it's that you don't drink.
I don't envy people when they make a pot of pork and sauerkraut. I don't eat sauerkraut. And I don't drink.
And using Mesa's mantra, I don't kick the dog, cheat on my wife, steal from store shelves etc. either, ...
If you are concerned about upcoming plans for the weekend, now is the time to start thinking about alternatives to the company picnic or neighborhood bar-b-q or whatever.
There is plenty to do that doesn't involve drinking...
Old 08-03-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Shot..who..what..why...where...

Hump day I suppose. This week seems to be going by really slowly.

Soup part 2 for lunch. Nothing else interesting to report.

So I hear trump has been insulting babies now?

B
Old 08-03-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning, all!

Congrats on shotgun, Brain!

Ruby, I hear you on the produce. I don't have any fresh food out... It's just me at home so I don't have a ton of groceries and I haven't been to the garden since last week. I am running the dishwasher right now so there are no dirty dishes out.

I took a Magic Eraser to my kitchen sink last night and it looks amazing! I really liked what it did for my bathtub, too, except it feels slightly slimy/slippery every day anyway bc the drain is backing up. I put the magic eraser under my foot while I'm showering and kind of scrub around bc multitasking thug life

Full day of work ahead.. I'm interviewing for our downtown location every day for a few hours this week. I have an ad out. Yesterday's crop was decent. Found a guy whose smile lit up his face and I knew we had to get him in front of our customers. I have done employee life cycle over 400 times in my career... so I know how to interview and I enjoy it. I can sense in my gut what kind of employee the person will be.. For a chef, I'm pretty good at HR stuff. And I like it bc it protects us when you do it properly. It's a really great part of the puzzle to make the workplace awesome.

Slow to hire, quick to fire.

Anyway, this guy said I threw down hard on my collard greens for a white girl I already knew I was going to hire him before he said that but that was just icing on the fried chicken even if he snuck that in to butter me up

I like teaching my boss new tricks, as well. He doesn't like admin and HR stuff bc it slows him down from executing his ideas, so we make a good team. I taught him the trick yesterday of the three colored post-its for hiring, when you're doing a blitz like we are.. never ever ever write anything on an application. Also, you will forget the ppl you interviewed. Write your thoughts on post-its.. Green for hire, yellow for not sure, red/hot pink for no hire. Manila folders for each category. It makes it so much easier.

Especially if more than one person is interviewing candidates. And then you have a talk where you Tetris the personalities and availability of the green post-it people. Good stuff. That's about as organized as I get and I enjoy it.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning rogues!
Old 08-03-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm late for work. I'm having a last smoke on my deck before it gets beastly hot here. No one will know or care, but I feel guilty anyway. I'll need to make up for it somehow to get my karma back in order. Because I've had enough bad karma for one lifetime, thank you very much.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Part 3 ?
Old 08-03-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I want fried chicken, collard greens, and black-eyed peas. When I was a kid in Florida, we used to go to this run-down shack-like place that had the most amazing soul food, way before it was "cool" anywhere else. It was just what this lady knew how to make, and she did it extremely well. I can almost taste it. Oh, and mushy green beans cooked to death with bacon and a bit of vinegar. My southern granny used to do a pretty damn good job with some of those dishes, too. She taught me how to make cornbread dressing and her chicken and dumplings before she died. No recipes, she just knew how to do it. But you can keep the okra. No matter how it's cooked, I don't like it.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OK - seriously - badminton is an Olympic sport???
Old 08-03-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
Congratulations lbrain.....thanks Dee.
I hope your feeling ok nons...
decent nights sleep.....lots of dreams about other people's beautiful homes.
Tablet battery is dying. See you all later.
Happy hump day!
Old 08-03-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

OK - more on the hair in the drain subject. I just ordered something called a TubShroom. It goes inside the drain and is supposed to catch all the hair, while still allowing water to drain freely, unlike the other hair catchers I've tried that just go over the top of the drain. I also ordered a drain snake, to replace the one I KNOW I had, but cannot find. I'm hoping to clear the drain with the snake and then prevent future problems with the Shroom thingy. I will report back. But anyone who is having issues with hair-clogged drains should check out this thingy - it has great reviews on Amazon.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks D
Old 08-03-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Nons, take the meds early. It takes half an hour to take effect.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Don't dismiss your fears Nons, I'm surprised they gave you such a strong opiate to start with, I don't know how bad your pain is though. Can you just take half a pill to try and lessen the high?

This can be words of wisdom to everyone, be careful totally trusting your doctor when it comes to pain medications. A LOT of doctors don't seem to recognise the danger of addiction.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Nice to see you, SUID.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

tub shroom eh... doesn't look much different, functionality-wise, from any of the slew of drain covers out there, and for 17 bucks.... cough-cough...
I decided to make chicken enchiladas today, so I goes out to the garden - I spy three more flowers opening - and realize I don't have enough tomatoes ready... so I had to use a small can of diced... and I also came to the realization that I was never a fan of enchilada sauce... but I am a fan of cumin so it's okay... plus it's mostly for her anywho...

I didn't hear the cardinal calling out at all today... I guess they give up after a day... the cicadas are in full force this morning...
another day with the AC turned off... a few more probably... at a high of 84, it's only 6 degrees higher than I have it set inside... but the sun is what cooks the house... windows open top and bottom should be enough...