Notices

Stupid

Old 06-28-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stupid

Unbelievable what a slippery slope alcoholism is. I'm right back to where I was within a week... does this ever end? I went through hell to detox and now need to do again. I'm lying to everyone and the first bump in the road I hit it's an excuse to drink.. the worst thing is I hate the feeling of having a little much .. I felt amazing sober .. why do I do this???
Old 06-28-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by hopefull24 View Post
I felt amazing sober .. why do I do this???
My guess is that it's because you are an addict/alcoholic just like the rest of us. And further, we need to accept that drinking even one drink is NEVER an option.

To get there we need help..and sometimes a very structured plan. Just "not drinking" doesn't work. I'm glad you came back, how can we help you make a plan?
Old 06-28-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up about it, we make mistakes but you're looking up toward a better way of living. So, take another break and heal. If you faulter, take another break and then another.

In time, you'll have many more days being sober than being f'd up and that is the beginning of good things to come. If you regret the mishap, it's only because you want to be a better person for yourself and family; there is nothing wrong with that.

So stay focused and work hard at beating down the addiction. It's a bitch I know, but you can do it.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I get anxiety if none is in the house in case I "need it" but then it's to easy... should I just pour it out ? And thank you....
Old 06-28-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's so sad.. I'm sitting here mad and depressed and hate the feeling. But when sober, I feel alive.. now I feel like weights are tied to me
Old 06-28-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I get anxiety if none is in the house in case I "need it" but then it's to easy... should I just pour it out ? And thank you....
Did you need assistance with detox last time? Each subsequent detox can get progressively worse, so don't rule out seeing a doctor first.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

The question is not why do you continue to get loaded, but rather what are you willing to do to stay clean and sober?

This was a tough thing for me to learn. At the end of the day, why I'm an addict is irrelevant if I'm unwilling to participate in the solution.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No other then anxiety and night sweats I was ok and I drink hard liquor. It's only been 3 days alot. I can do the physical it's just the mental
Old 06-28-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Takes me about 3 days to kill 750ml bottle, if you're almost done and regretting it now, then chuck it. Toss it before you wake up and feel like easing your hangover, I have had difficultly doing that myself, but why not right now?

I'm willing to bet the feeling of committing to another entire bottle will be worse than taking a few shots tomorrow when it's nearby. Look at it that way.

This is something you can beat, sober thinking is the only thing that will help you win. Tomorrow will suck if you're shot right now. Drink a lot of water tonight, eat well and take a multi. Work through it and take the next number of days off drinking while you think about why you continue doing it.

If you've ever suffered any physical problems, feel like something coming on or are even worried about it. Speak with your doctor about this. The more honest I've been with my Doc the more helpful he has been.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi hopeful

I think it ends when we start making decisions that consistently reaffirm our desire to be sober.

I'm not beating you up - you know how to get sober - now you need to work out how to stay that way...

do you have a recovery plan...an idea of what you might do to stay sober this time?

D
Old 06-28-2016, 08:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Aww, I'm sorry. I do think that recovery can be full of fits and starts. Keep at it, you'll get there.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 06-29-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I was in the same spot you were about 7 years ago. I would drink for 3 days and hate it, then get sober for a couple of weeks. Then I would have another 3 day bender followed by another 8 - 10 days sober.

I did this over and over for about a year, trying to stay sober by myself.

Then in a moment of clarity it occurred to me that I was a drunk, trying to give myself guidance on how to stay sober.

So I finally gave up and went to AA, and I've been sober over 6 years now.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Unbelievable what a slippery slope alcoholism is. I'm right back to where I was within a week... does this ever end? I went through hell to detox and now need to do again. I'm lying to everyone and the first bump in the road I hit it's an excuse to drink.. the worst thing is I hate the feeling of having a little much .. I felt amazing sober .. why do I do this???
Probably because like many of us, you are an alcoholic, or whatever name you choose to define yourself. The draw to escape is strong. Keep posting, reading and learning. You can beat it.