Notices

Just be you weekender May 27th Pt 2

Old 06-01-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Behan, I cannot believe the little guy is already old enough for his first swim class.

It all goes so fast ... enjoy!
Old 06-01-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Oh, Marty. That must be painful. One thought: Guy friend has had a *very* long time to communicate the true nature of his feelings. Now that there's a prospect of you being happy with someone else, he gets around to it? Does the adage "day late and a dollar short" come to mind?
Needed to hear that. Thanks. He has all sorts of reasons why he didn't sooner, but the reality is, he didn't. Some of his reasons even make sense, because I really was a hot mess for a while there and I made some pretty big mistakes. I waited years to hear these things. I really thought, now that I've been sober for almost a year and a half, he'd start to open up. He didn't. Until I decided to move on. NOW it all comes out. It's just sad and confusing and distracting.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
What is this thread about ?

It is about getting through the weekend .

It starts on thursday because in NZ & Australia it's friday morning and ken and i when we started doing this weekly , we wanted everyone around the world to get the chance to think seriously about the up coming weekend and plan accordingly .

You know there are going to be cravings ,
you know you will be bored if you just sit on the sofa like you did when you drank ,
you know going to the supermarket when craving friday evening isn't a good idea ,
you know going out for a aimless drive or walk with enough money in your pocket for booze is asking for trouble ..

It's a muster call, let people touch base , sometimes in sobriety there is nothing to say and you don't want to share , so it's ok to post here and say i'm in so you are engaging even in a light way .

It's a call for mindfulness ,

it's a bit of a place to come and say hi if the rest of the newcomers area seems a bit harrowing , as it sometimes is when people are in the midst of a full on fight with their addictions .

It was partly to show people that sober weekends are possible and that there are things to do when you are sober that are , fun , touching , painful , loving , challenging . difficult , easy , interesting and boring .

It's something to read thats a bit different from the normal .. when i first came to SR it was a lifeline but one which used to make me emotionally unstable with reading about others plight , so this is just one thread to offer a bit of warmth and a safe haven .

We renew it each week so last week is consigned to the past , everyone can join in get on the sober bus again , prep and try to do it right this time

Thats what i think it means ..
m

Did anyone else imagine Linus on stage for his 'What Christmas is All About' speech?

Lovely, Mex, truly lovely.

Old 06-01-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Did anyone else imagine Linus on stage for his 'What Christmas is All About' speech?

Lovely, Mex, truly lovely.

Now that you mention it.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Geez, Marty, that didn't take long. I knew he was going to do exactly that but not this soon.

What a douchenozzle.

Him and my ex have clearly been hanging out.

Stay strong, my friend. We are going to be just fine. We're free now.

Xoxo
Old 06-01-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

To his credit, he realizes he f**ked up. He's not blaming me for anything that's happening. Not that it matters much at this point.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh I love Linus! I actually know a really cute Australian named Linus who comes to my office occasionally....not that that has anything to do with anything, just sayin.

And douchenozzle about sums it up! Marty, That's SO sucky of him to tell you all thus stuff now and ruin what should be an amazingly happy time by planting this doubt crap in your mind! Stay focused on the new flame and enjoy it!
Old 06-01-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

PS today I would celebrate a year sober. But I drank 3 nights in February.

So I am at 96 days.

And that's ok. If I think about what I've been able to do in a year, the strong and quiet triumphs that only I saw, the work I put in, the difficult adulting, the integrity building, the recovery toolbox strengthening.... Well, I'm going to take a moment and feel strong and proud.

Bc setbacks aside, I am doing this damn thing and I'm not doing a bad job of it.

Sobriety, I think I will continue!

Thank you to everyone for this past year, and for helping me get right back on the wagon when I drank.

Xoxo
Old 06-01-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
To his credit, he realizes he f**ked up. He's not blaming me for anything that's happening. Not that it matters much at this point.
Nope, credit would've been for him not douchenozzling a lot sooner. But I get it. You don't want to trash him. Me neither. The point is that we are free.

Sometimes it's more about us stopping throwing ourselves at a brick wall and giving ourselves permission to be free.

I'm gonna do it. I declare myself free. I'm glad you're moving on as well.

Xoxo
Old 06-01-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hearty congratulations on the awesome job you are doing at recovery!!!
Old 06-01-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Jen, MN (math nerd) sounds divine! Wish I had some math homework to send him! I could've used him about ten years ago lol!!

SU Smile! You've got us lol!!
I'm not a fan of birthdays anymore either. Remember being a kid saying you were eight and A HALF!?! Or eight and THREE QUARTERS?! You never hear adults adding the half or three quarters to their age.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

I'm doing what I often do when frustrated and off-kilter. Baking. Rhubarb muffins in the oven.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Yay Melina! On freedom from booze AND the bad relationship!!
Old 06-01-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Okay I've come up with a new nickname for the new guy. Handyman. That's what he does when he's not busting ass at the home improvement store. And he's very good at it.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Yes Marty--what Ven says--only when you move on he speaks up?

You have been left alone and ignored too many times by this guy
to let a few sweet words sway you too much.

Let him stew for a bit and see how you like the new / old flame for a bit.
Just you and Randyman (oops, I meant Handyman) stay out of my pool, like I said before . . .
Old 06-01-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Rawrrrrrr, Marty! I love it!

https://youtu.be/wKFwcYlHToE
Old 06-01-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
We are going to be just fine.
We are. Time helps. The circular path ... I'm afraid I'm still on it. Miss the good stuff.

Originally Posted by Melina View Post

So I am at 96 days.

Bc setbacks aside, I am doing this damn thing and I'm not doing a bad job of it.

Sobriety, I think I will continue!
Or, you could look at it as 362/365. You're doing great. You're not the same person you were a year ago or four months ago. You won't be the same person moving forward. Better.

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
I'm not a fan of birthdays anymore either. Remember being a kid saying you were eight and A HALF!?! Or eight and THREE QUARTERS?! You never hear adults adding the half or three quarters to their age.
Birthdays? What are birthdays?

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I'm doing what I often do when frustrated and off-kilter. Baking. Rhubarb muffins in the oven.
When the going gets tough ... Ahhhhh, love rhubarb. You *do* know I could be at your house in a frighteningly speedy amount of time, right?

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Just you and Randyman (oops, I meant Handyman) stay out of my pool, like I said before . . .
The Randyman! I love it!
Old 06-01-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I want to punch him in the face marty.
Like melina said- I knew he was gonna do this but I thought it might take later.

And I guarantee if you ditch your new man and go with him; he'll go right back to stringing you along.

Tell him you're with someone else now and this whole conversation is inappropriate.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
oh i love linus! I actually know a really cute australian named linus who comes to my office occasionally....not that that has anything to do with anything, just sayin.

And douchenozzle about sums it up! Marty, that's so sucky of him to tell you all thus stuff now and ruin what should be an amazingly happy time by planting this doubt crap in your mind! Stay focused on the new flame and enjoy it!
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 240 (permalink)