# 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thanks Anna
Old 05-15-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, I didn’t even realize we was close to 500 – Bim owes us one happy dance

I go outside and cut grass and a few things, come back in and we’re on part 2

ML - Shotgun? Own it dammit!

Hope you’ll stick around for part 2 fml1982 and Ktmbuurger – I’m making burgers tonight…
And chickenlady… and Fabela, Solarion, and Melina, and Marty and Jsbodhi – where are you today?

Speaking of Bodhi, you gonna get a happy ending with that massage NONS?
Old 05-15-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here and still sober. Sometime yesterday afternoon or evening I slipped into some kind of quiet, subdued state which is finally starting to fade.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So, yesterday afternoon I went on an artwalk in a nearby neighborhood. Stopped in at the fixture gallery of a plumbing supply shop. Asked to use the facilities, and, lo..... their toilet had a bidet feature!!!
Best thing ever invented!

When I win the lottery, gonna put one of those in my beach house.

Not sayin, just sayin.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders KML & FTMburger - I know how both of you feel as do the others on this thread. Stick around

Trachemys - sorry to hear that you are in pain. There are alternatives to nsaids, without breaking the medical advice rule (paracetamol?). As I mentioned to HaF, try watching the Scandwegian versions of The Killing or The Bridge, they will take your mind of the discomfort with a bit of luck
Old 05-15-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Olive! Before I forget - my new idea/tip.
I was looking for something to put little peat pots in start some seeds. I remembered I have one of those plastic drawers on wheels things. 20 of the 2" square pots fit in one drawer. Get a clear one with 'tall' drawers, there are several out there on amazon. Start you seeds in one of these. They are waterproof, clear to let light in and they are on wheels. Get some packs of the square peat pots - 2.50 for 24 (3 - 8 pack) from wallyworld. Put in you potting soil, seed and water. Doesn't take up a lot of space. And you can remove the drawers and carry them outside or to rotate in the sun.
You're welcome.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
When I win the lottery, gonna put one of those in my beach house.
when I win the lottery I'm gonna GET a beach house.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sofia Helin mmm...
Old 05-15-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

and why does this forum still turn my 'your' into 'you'?
Old 05-15-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
when I win the lottery I'm gonna GET a beach house.
That was implied with the whole win the lottery thing.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

And thank you for the seedling growing advice, Brain. I will put it to use, as I need to get more started.
I planted the ones I had previously started out in the garden on the day before the hottest day as yet this year.
I am waiting with not so bated breath to see who will survive.
Stupid summer.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sup??
Old 05-15-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Evening all.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm a bit scared tonight because I did some hoovering and every time I moved a stack of books, another spider came zooming out and scuttled across the floor. I mentioned it to my dad and he was amused and said 'well it's that time of year'. I said 'yeah but you often hear stories for example of people and they bought a bag of grapes or whatever in Tesco and when they brought it home there was a huge spider in it'. My dad started laughing and said "what newspaper did you read this in? And please don't say The Daily Mail". I said "no actually. I saw it on TV on Sky News". Then he replied "worse again! Anyway we don't have poisonous spiders here". I pointed out an insect bite on my arm...

Ah well, it was nice to see my father laugh...
Old 05-15-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just woke up from a nap that is going to wreck wreck wreck bedtime. Ughhhh. But it feels sooooo good to close my eyes during the day.

I'm about to go meet my buddy out for a fried chicken dinner. I guess I better go put pants on.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Actually I am a bit depressed as well.
My parents have two family weddings to go to this summer. My mother was looking through old photographs to see what she wore in previous years and I found an old photograph of me, aged 25, at my cousins wedding. I do not think of myself in terms of looks, but I was pretty back then. I never thought of myself as vain, but I think I am now!

I used to go out with a guy years ago and he used to tell me "you have lovely eyes. You don't speak a lot but your eyes tell completely different stories". He also said "Most of the time you look serious but when you smile your face is like the sun".

Actually I never gave much thought to my looks at all, until I got Bell's Palsy a few years ago. Now I am old and wrinkled. My family say I'm not but...a while ago I went to a department store looking for some kind of wrinkle-filler. The salesgirl said to me "Let me tell you something. A lot of the stuff for sale is a complete waste of money. You would be much better off with a good serum and moisturiser".

I just want to cry for all the time I wasted, locked away, hiding myself, hating myself and drinking. I think I'm a good person now. I try to be pleasant, kind and helpful to people I meet. That's the important thing. People say I have changed and I'm coming out of my shell as well.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I am relaxing... Feet up after a walk. Eating razor thin cucumber slices lightly salted. Getting ready for a new work day. But let me tell you about the walk I just returned from...

I needed to get more steps before the end of the day... As a I am walking through a low income area... Much of Maine is not wealthy... A little boy on a scooter shoots up along side me with a bright happy face. Had to be 6 or 7 years old. With a sun shower just starting and a good wind blowing he yelled to me... Hey look at my new scooter! I was like Wow! That's awesome! He said his friend gave it to him for free! As he tried to hold the handle bars up from falling down I complimented his new ride.

What struck me was he was in socks. No shoes. I yelled back You should go put on shoes!

He yelled back in an honestly that one kids that age have.... I don't have to... My mom told me I don't cuz she won't buy me shoes. .......

That took me back. He was direct and had no reason to make things up. It was a split moment we talked. That was real.

I get this kid. I grew up in a house I was forbid to experience joy. My step father went and got new bikes and gave them to the neighbor kids instead of me. I had none. Imagine that. I know that kids delight when he rode past anyone that would listen that he got something new. His broken scooter.

I felt a lot as I watched him in socks. What bothers me most is the system seems broken. If I wanted to give that kid shoes I would be the weird one. I don't know what house he came from as he whizzed by me. And If I did and wanted to get him shoes how could I be sure I was not insulting this woman. On so many levels.

"My mother won't buy me shoes."

That will stay with me a while.