Notices

St. Patrick's Sober Weekender Thread Part 1

Old 03-19-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Hang in there Zeroine, it's good that you're keeping busy. My emotions were all over the place when I began my sober journey as well - I was so used to numbing them with alcohol! They'll level themselves out eventually.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Good morning to all of my friends, both near and far away!!!
Good morning Behan!
Old 03-19-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Hey team! Working on a sober Saturday with you all. I am here.

Good to see you CNGY!!!

Need a cranium Brazilian! See you later folks.

K
Weasel. Let's all get through this sober Saturday together.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Sober weekender here
Good to see you at the weekender CNGY!
Old 03-19-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello
Old 03-19-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hi SW!
Old 03-19-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better today SoberP and Tetra... like Midnite sez, don't worry about what others think, focus on yourselves(what I think)

Hi CNGY, Old Tomato and all.

Weasel - just in time for the full moon, it's like wearing camo...

checked the weather one last time before we leave. Things are looking much better - still gonna rain today and be cold, but no snow. Then partly cloudy and sunny all day Tuesday. Hopefully get into the Washington Monument Tuesday - sun is high around 1330, great for long panoramic shots from up high with cheap photo equipment...
Didn't cancel our tidal pool paddle boat excursion like I was going to - it should be sunny and approaching 60 and there is a good chance many cherry trees will be in some phase of bloom. All the wife has to do is follow me around, I will be our tour guide.

I guess that's all for now. Carry on with your sober weekends.

Hope you had fun in Belize BigS.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Good morning. I'm back here for another sober weekend. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Hi CuteNGayYay! Awesome to see you! I'm so glad you're here! Hi Zeroine!

Morning Old Tomato and Marty and Sw and Behan and waywardson!

Yeah, Tetra, I never thought of the men angle for Spain until trachemys brought it up... Go get em tiger, rawrrrrr! Some of the photos of food in Spain my friends post on fb just make me go Sweet Jeebus, particularly a shot of head on prawns the other day from a friend in Barcelona... I will live vicariously through you to see all things tasty.. Food and men lol

Brain, have a blast! I used to spend a lot of time in DC when I worked for the US Dept of Labor fresh outta college. I love it there. I gotta say the Korean War memorial, the Vietnam Wall, they really pack a punch.

It's a lot of fun to be there sober, as you get tired from all the walking and seeing, and early bedtimes are appealing. Their metro system is so nice compared to Chicago. There's lots of options for cheap lunches, too. I would usually stay around DuPont Circle. Nice and central, lively, good restaurants, plus the hotel I always stayed in gave free breakfast and that is a nice thing to not have to worry about.

Walking around Georgetown neighborhood is a nice decompressor activity if it starts to feel a little hectic. I hope you and Mrs. Brain have a great time. I'm looking forward to cherry blossom photos if you get any good ones!

I have underslept bc I have this beekeeping forum to get ready for in a minute. I'm glad bc I will try to stay up all day and not take a nap today. This will be the first time I will speak about my apiary project to other beekeepers at large. My hive equipment and bees are ordered, and I'm really looking forward to this.

I love my coffee in bed with you guys! It's been a while since I've been up for the sunrise, which is happening as we speak.

Go forth and be awesome!
Old 03-19-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
big hug to you soberpotamus. ...your discomfort at the new job sounds rough. I'd say hang in there for a bit more and see if you can adjust to it. Or maybe it's just not a good fit. Starting any new job is stressful, but it usually gets easier.
Tetra...I hope you can get a job that will take you away from home. You deserve to be happy! Make your plans to move out.
I woke up at 5:30am....bah humbug. I'm hoping that I can go back to sleep. I have absolutely no plans for today. ..just putter around the house, do some errands, and maybe cook something yummy for dinner. My kind of day!
Old 03-19-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Good morning friends! Off to the Gym.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Administrator

off to bed - part two continues here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D