Notices

Guiltless Weekender Feb 12 Part 2

Old 02-14-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi Delilah! Hi Olive! Hi bandicoot! Hi Wolfie!

BRYNN I AM DYING OF THE GIGGLES RIGHT NOW- 'Guess I'll open my box of Russell Stovers and start contemplating all my daddy issues.'

If that isn't the best quote to sum up the day! That and Tetra's Valentine's Day gift to the world of not killing people.

I love you guys! This is hilarious!

Ruby, yuck. That lady is a jerk. I'm sorry about the car.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

There were so many times I almost got Cold-Cocked on I-70 while commuting between Houses, I got to playing this lil Game. When someone would cut me off, or some Skier would blast by, I'd commit their License Plate to memory. Just to train myself to look down and capture it. Moms in giant SUVs on their Phones were the worst. Hey, I usually was towing schitte in my Trailer. You clip the front Wheel on a 4WD, and I'm screwed, blued, and Tattooed. Thousands of Dollars of damage. Expensive stuff + Tools on my Trailer. A Trailer to get towed somewhere with a huge Dog, and hope to find a Motel in a Ski Town. Yah, right. And no License Plate to trace.

This Geek Game actually came in handy...

I'm at our local Walgreen's by our City House, and this Kid comes running out the Door like his Azz was on fire. One of those long Lanyard Key Chains flies out of his Pocket, and scoots under a Car. He leaps into a Car on the Passenger side, and off they screech. Well, Gomer, here gets the Car License. I thought he was just acting like your basic Teen, and would like his Keys back. What do I know?

The Store Manager comes running out with the Cashier. The Kid had been doing the ole Fraud of trying to return something Shoplifted at another Store for Cash, and they busted him. That's when he ran out. I introduce myself, and peel off the Car License Number, which I'd memorized by mnemonic trickery: Bob Jackson Star - 805 [thank Gawd I'm alive]. You rhyme it.

I peel off the License Number to the Store Manager, and he looks at me in disbelief; like I'm from another Planet. All this happened in seconds. We were best pals thereafter whenever I was in there getting Meds after MesaMate got both Knees replaced w/Bionics.

They sent a Cop by the House that Car was licensed at. Pops answers the Door. He denies having anything to do with this Scam, and says 'But, I know who's involved'. He drags Junior to the Door, and the Cop threatens him with *whatever*. Who knows if Junior ever shaped up...
Old 02-14-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ruby - the garage is bound to have CCTV for people who don't pay
Old 02-14-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I just bought this. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll wait until there's a really beautiful betta on sale. I'll do different herbs on top, stuff I cook with. Not that wheatgrass though. Yuck.

I had a beautiful pink and blue and greenish betta as a teenager.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi Bandicoot! 45 days for us today.:-)
Old 02-14-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Happy v-day gang. Back home in the valley tonight, had a great trip to the lake in a little cabin. Woke up to this view off the front porch this morning, was a great morning to be alive and sober!

Old 02-14-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

That other Sombrero Dude below. We're running with some classy Company here! Amazing Pic, BigS!

I guess I won't ask you about what Bears do in the Woods, eh?

- Pope Francis Dons Sombrero -
Old 02-14-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Congrats on 45 days Bandicoot!!!

Wow BigS!!!!!
Old 02-14-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Oh Ruby, people are so not nice!

I am cooking up some chicken, which I am not really feeling, but somewhat limited supplies here. I am still being utterly useless today, so had a nice soak in the bath. Will probably have an early night as was up pretty late with Mr. Fireman last night and we had to get up at 6:30 as he works today. Probably should have had him come to mine so I could stay in bed, but I like his bed so much more! I have warned him if we break up I am taking his bed!
Old 02-14-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Yes, something is missing.
For as long as I can remember, I've watched my friends pair off. Temporarily and fleetingly in high school, longer and more lasting in college, and now, permanently. Throughout it all, I've remained single. Too shy, too insecure, too ... whatever. I got used to my role as the "Single One" — I was even OK with it. As an introvert, I not only like my alone time, I need it. But, somewhere along the line, I stopped just being single and started being lonely. Most days I'm both. There. I said it: "I'm lonely." And try as my paired up friends might, they don’t seem to fully understand what it's like to watch everyone around you fall in love. They don't understand that I'm lonely and what it means to be so. But, allow me to tell you.

1. You are nobody's first priority. Between boyfriends and girlfriends and spouses and kids and church, there's always someone before you on the priority list. I don't have that one person I come home to at the end of the day, with whom I share all the mundane details of my life. So I parse them out between friends and family, sometimes oversharing because I just need someone to validate my existence. I'm not saying it's wrong that I'm not the top priority (of course family should come first). But for the perpetually alone sometimes it'd be nice to be first. Just once. Just for a day.

2. Physical touch is a thing for other people. When you're not part of a couple and you're living with family (and we are not a demonstrative family), physical touch goes out the window. And not just intimate touches. I'm talking mundane, everyday, almost-no thought-put-into-them touches. Yesterday, I realized it had been weeks since I’d been touched by another person. For as much as I value and need alone time, nothing is more isolating than realizing no one has touched you in over a month. Nothing.

3. Jealousy is green and ugly and real. I don't want to be a jealous person. I don't like being a jealous person. But when the loneliness is overwhelming and all-consuming, I can't help it. I can't help but be jealous of the fact that other people have someone to come home to — that they have the occasional unthinking brush of hands and take so much for granted.

4. There's physical pain associated with being lonely. It's not something you know until you've experienced it, and it's hard to describe. But it actually hurts to be lonely. It's an ache in your chest, a heaviness that you can't shake, a longing that only the touch of another person can soothe.

5. Being the third wheel sucks. No matter how much I like my friends' significant other (and really, they're great!), I don’t want to be the third or fifth wheel. Although some may argue there are benefits to being a third-wheel, a little part of me dies every time I have to plaster a smile on my face and joke to the waiter that the bill is going to be split, "Two, two, and me. Just me."

6. Friendship isn't enough. This one is hard. I have an outstandingly good group of friends and family, but as much as I want them to be (and as much they wish they could be), they aren't enough. I've tried really hard to make them enough, but it's like forcing a puzzle piece into a spot it doesn't belong. You can push and push and push, but it's never going to quite sit right.

7. Everyone is part of a couple. Or maybe it just seems that way when you're not. But from my point of view, everywhere I look, I see couples. Even events are geared towars couples. Have you ever tried cooking for one? It's not pretty.

8. The grass isn't (!!) greener. Stop telling me how you'd love to have some peace and quiet, or a night where no one touches you. Because that's not what I'm talking about. There is a profound, bone-deep difference between "alone time" and being lonely. Comparing the two or romanticizing something I consider painful undermines my feelings and makes me hate you a tiny bit.
9. This isn't a "lifestyle" choice. Plenty of folks choose to be single. Nobody chooses to be lonely. That's part of the problem. I didn't ask for this. I don't want this. But it's not something I can fix on my own.

10. No one gets it. It’s kind of like the "Dead Dad's Club." (Please lower your pitchforks and allow me to explain.) Until you lose your dad, you don’t know what it's like. You can sympathize and you can think, "Oh, that's really sh*tty," but you can't really empathize. And it's true for loneliness, too. Unless you've experienced it — unless you know what true, deep, painful loneliness is like — you don't get it. And, well, that just makes things all the more lonely, doesn't it?
Old 02-14-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

THIS, Tetra. I've never seen it explained so concisely ... This is me, in every way, every day.

Thank you for posting - it made me feel a bit more human just now.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Old 02-14-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Have tomorrow off for dead Presidents' Day!!!

Marsala came out only ok.

Day ends as it started. A few candles going on the window sill. The extreme cold makes for a round of moisture on the panes. And I tapping away to you.

K
Old 02-14-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Happy V Day Brynn!!!!
Attached Images
Old 02-14-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Yes, that is my Nugget.
We couldn't bowl today. Too busy.
At his place watching a movie right now.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Evening gang,

We blew off traveling to friends birthday brunch and had a cabin day instead. Mrs B is still a little unsure about social occasions with an infant.

Just ate and watched crap all day.

And drank coffee. Behans got a new nespresso machine. Yes, yes, lots of coffee, sweet sweet coffee, all types.

I think I drank to much coffee.

B
Old 02-14-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tetra - if I could hug you I would

So your friends, they are not lonely but some are paired off with second rate jerks

Do the thing Tetra, work, find a place of your own and you will not be lonely. Something else, those girls that have lots of fellas - maybe they are not always happy. Just read the Weekenders thread us Y chromasomers we are not the best
Old 02-14-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Ugh! Just tried to post a long recap of the weekend and got booted. I almost always copy my posts just in case that happens and didn't this time.

It was a good weekend. Mom did exceptionally well at the banquet honoring her and three others for service to our school district. I was so proud of her.

One of the other honorees has had an illustrious career in academia, a respected scientist at one of the nation's leading universities. I knew his career was stellar, but was stunned at what I came across while googling him last night. Pretty amazing to think it all started in a one-room school outside my hometown.

It's good to be here and good to know I'm not quite as alone as I thought. I spent much of the weekend at my brother's. With my family ... OD'ing some, the political junkie that I am, watching coverage of Justice Scalia's death and the storms that lie ahead (couldn't bring myself to watch the debate, though). I think if hadn't been for that, I'd have spent too much looking at iPhone pics of Mr. I'm Reluctant to Get into a Relationship/I'll be Underwater in Work for the Foreseeable Future and wondering what he was doing instead of bringing me flowers or chocolates and having his way with me.

It struck me, though, that I have many valentines, in a way. They have funny-sounding names (well, most of them), I couldn't pick them out of a crowd (well, except Marty), they're reliably capable of bringing a grin to my face (and occasionally a tear to my eye) and they occupy parts of two or three continents.

Thanks, valentines.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Evening gang,

We blew off traveling to friends birthday brunch and had a cabin day instead. Mrs B is still a little unsure about social occasions with an infant.

Just ate and watched crap all day.

And drank coffee. Behans got a new nespresso machine. Yes, yes, lots of coffee, sweet sweet coffee, all types.

I think I drank to much coffee.

B
You will be up for junior so never enough coffee.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post

It struck me, though, that I have many valentines, in a way. They have funny-sounding names (well, most of them), I couldn't pick them out of a crowd (well, except Marty), they're reliably capable of bringing a grin to my face (and occasionally a tear to my eye) and they occupy parts of two or three continents.

Thanks, valentines.
Hey! Back at ya Venecia

Politics - I am a bit rubbish but I watch the news, - how much more orange can his Donaldness get? He looks like an advert for bacon and eggs.

I thought there was something wrong with my TV