Notices

Guiltless Weekender Feb 12 Part 2

Old 02-14-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Happy V Day (whatever it means) to all the weekenders.

I am treating myself to a light movie "Midnight in Paris" . It shows Fitzgerald and Hemingway, and bunch of other folks of the kind. Their alcoholic personality aside, I would hang out with that gang. They are from lost generation - me too. Still lost in life. Though, probably, it's what life is about - one belief is lost for a new one to be found. Like scientific discoveries made to prove the previous one to be wrong.

Mesa - Do Tostilias come with vanilla yogurt or the sunrise is enough for dessert?

Have a great one, all. Give yourself some extra serving of love)
Old 02-14-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Need to snap myself out of this mood before meeting up with the guy friend for bowling. I. Feeling a mixture of sadness and some bottled up anger. I need to count my blessings. That usually helps. Of course, I count SR. And all of my friends here as one of my blessings. <3
Old 02-14-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I agree ZeldaF Fun thread this weekend.

Nice that she got all that for you LB.

I dont worry about V-Day. Means nothing. I do plan to woo myself with a nice meal later. But I am a sure thing so I aint puttin much effort into it.

Cold so will relax all day in my chair.

Went to the new car dealer just to give me a boost of "gee... I would look HOT in that." It worked. Now I am hot on V-Day. Win win.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ken, you're hot every day!
Xo
Old 02-14-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I decided I should eat before I got too involved with carpet cleaning and stuff. Already getting ready for second load of laundry...
I have one piece of cauliflower left in the bowl. I made a big bowl of raw stuff for lunch - and an ounce of cheese for good measure.

You think opinions vary on this forum? Try reading through a fishing forum about the 'best' saltwater spinning combo for a kayak... those guys...
my take on it is spend as much as you are willing to flush down the toilet... then double it. There was a nice reel in the bargain cave at cabelas the other day - a 2500 'used'. That means someone returned it for whatever reason - a reason I will not to pay to find out... all sales final - no warranty - no returns.

whew,,, I am kinda dyslexic at times. I had to read your first sentence twice mld.

I really don't want to wash the carpet today, but I can probably be sure I will say that every day for the rest of humanity. So I just gotta gitter done.
And clean mouth. Cauliflower seems to leave these hidden gems tucked up between your cheeks and gum. skoal brother!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

K, you get a new ride? I liked the old one fine. You looked pretty hot in that.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
haha, Little Miss Robin Hood...
Jsbodhi - I've been thinking, you change your avatar often and explain what it is to the masses. You know that carries backwards? I'm sure there are some people quite perplexed when they see a 'new' post about what you avatar is. They see a picture of a castle and the post says it is candles or whatever... they might think they are losing their mind or you already have
I didn't count, but I think there are around twenty different descriptions of your avatar for the same pic. Unless I really am losing my mind.

Ruby, the PA outdoor show was this past week. I haven't gone in years - ever since it was canceled one year because of all the gun protesters. And, since I have no money to spend on such frivolous things. There is usually a display where kids can shoot an 'arrow' at something. Hit the bear in the back and win a prize

time for a sing along?

Haha! Yes I suppose my avatar changing is quite manic!
I like a variety in my life!
Xoxo
Old 02-14-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Evening all ,
Tax return put in late , was waiting for an activation code to be sent in the post ..
last time i do that i hope !
Back to being a normal employee which in the UK means you pay as you earn and as long as you do regular stuff you don't have to bother with anything else
Just got to pay what i owe now LoL
Have filled in a few other forms to transfer stock to a broker who dosnt charge an inactivity fee and is reasonable on commission rates.
Pay day today, so i paid myself first and put some money into the new brokerage account .
I'm going to try and consolidate any holdings i have into one place now as the paper trail is getting daft, £100 here or there and it's a bit unmanageable with all the paper flying round .
Bestwishes, m
Old 02-14-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm curious, Brain - what did you think I said?
Old 02-14-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
To the idiot who kept beeping the horn because I wasn't reversing out of Tescos car park fast enough:
**** you! Even you were a learner driver at some point so have a bit of manners and consideration. I was following the rules: I had my 'L' plates up, my learner's permit in my pocket and my dad - a qualified driver -in the passenger seat.
By being an impatient moron and repeatedly blowing the horn at me, you were making me nervous and adding to my stress, therefore slowing me down even further.
To the moron who kept tailgating me on the way home:
There is a special place in hell for you! I had purposely slowed down in the hopes that you would pass me out but you showed zero consideration for others.
Today is Valentine's Day and I'm showing love by not killing people!
Haha!! Awesome post!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Welp ~

I wanted to link a Roy Orbison Song to give a sample of Chris Isaac's Vocal Mentor, but the Song 'Crying' by Roy - with K.D. Lang - is probably not the best choice right now.

Search Meister, here, did have to look up who that stunner was in the Chris Isaac Vid. I'm thinkin': 'Damn, that looks like some Supermodel'. Sho nuff: Helena Christensen circa 1989. Some Fotog Pundit observed Years ago that there's all of about 20 Women in the entire World with those Features and Proportions. Good thing that Resident Solo Dude Trach is - um - flexible in his Criteria. 'Regular' Women need apply. Search Helena's name, Trach, and buckle up before viewing.

MB ~ Yummy Tostadas were Home-fried Corn Torts. Sharp Cheddar. Previously Oven-Cooked Chicken [from last Sunday's Super Bowl Game]. Leftover Rice from Thai Take Away. Heat that. Then add: Avocado. Red Onion. Sriracha. Soy Sauce. Given the Avocado, I left the Honey-flavored Yogurt in the Container. Overkill. Cleaned Kitchen Granite/Sinks/Toilets for ~1.5 Hours. Dragged the Xmas Tree outside. You can't rush some things.

Thoughts of Love here today. Relationships. A lil Self-Assessment. Great Songs. Insights as to how eating Chocolate eases the angst of wanting to run down that MuthaEffer who was behind you honking.

Weekenders as usual!

Tina Turner on my Home Turf with a very buff Tim Cappello on Sax.

- 'Addicted To Love' ~ Tina Turner Live -
Old 02-14-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Well I've been at work and back already today.
This morning has been one error after another- you know those days when everything goes wrong from spilling coffee, to one unfortunate event after another? Thats me!
I quit, I'm gonna hang around here, go for a long river walk, move some stuff, then go back to work.
Actually not gonna do much for valentines, all my clothes are packed, both my houses are a disaster, I'm exhausted..... I will probably get some more fruit and whipped cream for a dessert though!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Jen, you should change your avatar whenever you are cycling through a new man. It'll be your secret signal. And then have a default one for the lonely no fly zone times.

If that avatar is up too long, we will know to comfort you!

Marty, I'm trying to figure out where the benefits part of your FWB thing is, if he hasn't been wanting or bringing the snuggle? I don't like that when it happens to me bc then I think bad thoughts about my desirability. I know it's not cool to hand over my self esteem like that. I try not to get in those situations but when I do, I don't like the way I feel about myself.

Tetra, you are a hoot! I bet videos of your commentary while driving would be a huge hit on YouTube!

Ken, you are hot! I'm going to relax today, too. Watcha making for dinner?

Hi mecanix! Hi MidnightBlue!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
K, you get a new ride? I liked the old one fine. You looked pretty hot in that.
Thanks LB. I want Range Rover Evoque. So I go when the dealership is closed and peak in each new model sitting there. Then keep on my way.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post

Ken, you are hot! I'm going to relax today, too. Watcha making for dinner?
Chicken Marsala. I love a rich marsala sauce. I use a stick of butter! Shitaki and baby bellas. Fresh pasta of dried.

Any tips for me Chef?
Old 02-14-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yes, Melina, I'm struggling big time with the desirability thing. It's causing me to do a lot of reflecting on where my self-worth comes from - and I'm not happy about it. Something to work on. He says it's not about me - it's all on him. He's got a lot of stressful stuff going on. Or that's what he says, anyway. I'll have to take him at his word.

On a brighter note...
Old 02-14-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Chicken Marsala. I love a rich marsala sauce. I use a stick of butter! Shitaki and baby bellas. Fresh pasta of dried.

Any tips for me Chef?
My favourite!! Yum!!!
Old 02-14-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post

But I am a sure thing so I aint puttin much effort into it.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Brynn: glad to hear you didn't drink! Yay- its always nice to wake up sober.
In the morning I always think to myself " thank god I didn't drink"

I never understand how people start drinking so early in the day- I can't pace myself and a bottle of wine is done in about 1-2 hours, I would either have another bottle of wine ( messy) or fall asleep!
Never could last all day- but by god did I try!!!

My style was more in the evening and pass out- waking up at 3 am in a panic.
Or cooking in the afternoon with a bottle of wine and then passing out at 5 pm, waking up at 11- then having insomnia the rest of the entire night, then getting up for work.
So horrible * shake it off jen shake it off* the thought of it fills me with panic.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Oh how the times have changed.....
I just had a plate of raw veggies, a slice of cheese, a banana and a greek yogurt.
I was guilty that I over ate haha.
I used to have no problem drinking 800-1000 cals, eating about 3000 cals in hangover food and dying all day on the couch watching netflix.
I'm surprised I was only about 10-15 lbs overweight.