Notices

Guiltless Weekender Feb 12 Part 2

Old 02-14-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Ken - Range Rover Evoque - love this car!

Jen - my drinking pattern was pretty much like yours. Brrr. Speaking of which I remembered what is my V day is about today - 3 years and 4 months sober. Time flies.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Chicken Marsala. I love a rich marsala sauce. I use a stick of butter! Shitaki and baby bellas. Fresh pasta of dried.

Any tips for me Chef?
I think you nailed it! That sounds so wonderful! I do like to get a nice hard sear on the mushrooms to develop the meaty flavor... Let all the liquid render out and almost fry them up. They'll plump back up somewhat in the sauce and you'll have a whole other level of flavor. If you already knew that, ignore me!

I think you are doing a really good job of romancing yourself! I had a raspberry Danish and a banana, and I'm watching the snow come down with a cup of coffee. If someone asked me to be on a date like this, I would say yes. So I'm spending Valentine's Day with the right person!

Marty! NUGGET!! Oh she is so special! xoxo to all the little nuggets out there
Old 02-14-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Ooooo! That is a nice vehicle ken!!
Old 02-14-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Awwww marty! The baby is adorable!

Sorry to hear about the guy friend issues
Old 02-14-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Going to fire up the Cary Mono-Blocks, now.
1F here. Need the heat! LOL.
Oh, the musicality of Russian Tungsol EL34B's
Vocals, horns, ahhhhhh.
  # 66 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks Melina!! No I did not know that. I will try it. I am not great at really transforming ingredient into complex flavors. I want to learn more. I could be very passionate about cooking. I am the prepare everything first kinda guy. Set all ingredients up so all I need to do is pay attention to the cooking. Everything is at my finger tips.

I will report in later on how I did.

I know MB and JS... That vehicle is amazing. I want the one with the all glass roof.
  # 67 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Is that Nugget Marty? She's beautiful

Tetra is right, there should be a special place in hell for tailgaters. I will, on occasion (when especially p***ed off) randomly "feather" my brakes when being tailgated. The thing is I don't stay in the outside lane unless I have to OR I am being tailgated

Buying myself some chocolate sounds like a good idea. I am out of chocolate at the moment

My V day score is as follows:-

CARDS 0
CHOCS 0
TOTAL 0

Same as last year.

Being Saoutchik imposes its own boundaries as in people think "i'm not going there"

Ken - Evoques look good and I guess 4WD and extra ground clearance is a good idea where you live. I still think you should get yourself a Studebaker Avanti though they are super cool imao and they appreciate in value
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160214_193534.jpg (27.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 02-14-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm gonna have a nap, I swear I'm lazier when I don't drink.
Maybe its catch up time for the 2 years of insomnia that alcohol gave me.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Thanks Melina!! No I did not know that. I will try it. I am not great at really transforming ingredient into complex flavors. I want to learn more. I could be very passionate about cooking. I am the prepare everything first kinda guy. Set all ingredients up so all I need to do is pay attention to the cooking. Everything is at my finger tips.

I will report in later on how I did.

I know MB and JS... That vehicle is amazing. I want the one with the all glass roof.
That glass roof is brilliant!
Old 02-14-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Happy valentines sao!! Eat some extra chocolate for me!

I never did get an answer to who left the candies on my deck. I still think its my mom trying to make me think I have a secret admirer
Old 02-14-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

This is as steamy as its getting today, folks

Old 02-14-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I just remembered Midnight in Paris. It was pretty good, one of Woody Allens better recent films
Old 02-14-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Melina hahaha
Old 02-14-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Just planned dinner for the night:
Pasta w Gorgonzola (Pasta with sauce for kids)
Mozzarella, tomato and basil
Bread and Gatlic breadsticks
NY Cheesecake for dessert

I even accounted how many weight watcher points this dinner will cost me. The cheesecake is pushing me to dip into reserves, but worth it for the night.

Scale was down 13 pounds this morning, I am trying to stop weighing every day, I think tomorrow is a good day to avoid it!!!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
Old 02-14-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening everyone
Old 02-14-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Tetra---your comment about getting off Facebook really hit home.

While making my plan to get sober, FB was on my list of things to avoid. I love keeping in touch with distant relatives and friends, but realized that comparisons to family life and photos make me really sad right now, especially sister & mother photos/events.

Someday when I'm further along in my grieving and my sober muscles are stronger, I may go back to FB but right now it's best to stay off. The best part? Those closest to me know that I'm on my sobriety journey and we're in touch often anyway through calls and texting, so not really missing much on FB and I feel so much better.

MLD and others ---one of our Jan. classmates posted a really heartfelt message about Loving & Honoring Oneself today for Valentines Day. Yes!

Enjoying this beautiful sober Day 45. Thanks for letting me enjoy your banter!
Old 02-14-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Congrats on 45 days bandicoot!

So....pigs must be flying cause I got flowers from my dad! I have no idea how to react to this and have no reference point from which to process it! Um, did the rules change without me knowing cause that's so not fair! Really glad I told 56 I'd have to take a rain check on coffee. This just puts a kink in my whole belief system!! Oh...and Brains idea for filing men is actually pretty good but I think Jen would benefit from it more since she's got a date every night this week and is a self professed collector of men!

Guess I'll open my box of Russell Stovers and start contemplating all my daddy issues.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

All the talk of driving and Tetra's comments. I needed tetra's comments. I took Mr. Ruby's brand new car this afternoon because it's superior to mine in the snow. He says don't destroy my car. Ha ha. Well, being that Mr. Ruby spent all his money on his priorities, he needed gas so I stopped. Some OLD BAT in an ancient Toyota backed up into the front side of the car and put a crack in the panel by the headlights. I was laying on the horn as she was backing up. I was fumbling for reverse but since I'm not familiar with car, missed. She didn't slow down or even bother to look. Just kept backing up. Then, instead of stopping she pulled out of the gas station and drove away. I didn't get her plate number. Husband not going to be happy. I wonder if they could inject an epoxy instead of replacing that whole front piece. That woman shouldn't be driving.

So I blame husband. If he had put gas in his car instead of buying recreational substances I wouldn't have had to stop.

We didn't go to the indoors Outdoor Show. My parents went yesterday. Apparently 7,000 people attended yesterday. My dad was looking for shore fishing suggestions because he can't risk getting wet with the LVAD.

Anyway, rant over.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sao...if I lived near you I would give you chocolates and a homemade card! I think what's worse than getting no valentine chocolate is getting the cheap gross kind.....like Elmers! Gag! And yes...I've gotten plenty of Elmer's in my lifetime and I eat it only as a desperate last resort!
Old 02-14-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh Ruby I'm so sorry! What a crappy day!