Notices

Picture Perfect Weekender Jan 22 Part 2

Old 01-24-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ven!

I've always wanted to go to new mexico!
I rarely drank on vacations, for the reasons you mentioned.
Not saying I never did, but I just didn't feel like it most of the time.
Even when I was in Ireland I only drank one time
Old 01-24-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha grow path! Hope you'll keep posting in weekenders even if it was a mistake!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Ha grow path! Hope you'll keep posting in weekenders even if it was a mistake!
Hey you know what they say....there are no coincidences! Maybe I can start popping in. This always seems to be an active thread. I used to sign in and got away from it somehow. So maybe I'll start popping in to see you nice folks from time to time. Thanks Brynn. You're very sweet
Old 01-24-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi, GP! Ya'll come back now, y'hear?
  # 65 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hope you do, growpath
  # 66 (permalink)  

Got a beef stew in the slow cooker now - and boiling some eggs per son request. I told him to get dressed and found him in the bath - so I guess the bath for later is done already! After 3 hours of focus on his poster last night, we are ahead of schedule for today!

Hoping I can sneak a nap in. One consolation is I am sure I would be feeling FAR worse with a hangover added to this cold! Day 22 for me (I think!)
Old 01-24-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Hi, GP! Ya'll come back now, y'hear?
Bim! You don't gotta ask me twice I'm in!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Hope you do, growpath
Hugs xo
Old 01-24-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Good Sober Sunday morning, all! I slept beautifully last night, too. Grateful and pleased with that.

Sitting down to second cup with my plans for the day in front of me. Guess what...? I am beginning to be capable of caring about myself and about my life. Like...I'm kind of ... interested!

Ttyl!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
There really are MANY people out there who save up all of their angst from the day or week, bring it to a restaurant, and abuse their servers. Sometimes, it is all one can do to not lose it. Being a liaison and catering to people like that (which is unavoidable in our industry) is absolutely demeaning. The job isn't, THEY are.
That was the night I had at my restaurant and I wanted to come home and whine about my uncanny horde of terrible customers tonight.

Is there a thread already that may specifically be for service industry workers in recovery? This is a very difficult thing to do while trying not to drink. And it isn't because of the proximity to alcohol for me. It's the emotional tax at times. That I truly wish more people in this world could understand.

I got fired once because of this.
Some lady was being really mean and just giving me a hard time over nothing all night, and I finally lost it and asked her " is this how pathetic and petty your life is; that harass and demean people who trying to do their jobs, is that seriously who you are?"
Needless to say she complained and I got fired.
Serving really took a lot out of me
I feel for ya
Old 01-24-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi growpath xoxo
Old 01-24-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Good Sober Sunday morning, all! I slept beautifully last night, too. Grateful and pleased with that.

Sitting down to second cup with my plans for the day in front of me. Guess what...? I am beginning to be capable of caring about myself and about my life. Like...I'm kind of ... interested!

Ttyl!
Aw!!! Fantastic and super adorable post! Xoxo
Old 01-24-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning, folks!

After paying $5.99 to watch "The History of the Eagles" on-demand, I realized CNN was airing it for free last night. Then they didn't. Because it snowed. (OK, big snow.)

Like others, I thought it was done really well. In some ways, how could I not love it. There were two bands in my teen years: The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac. I think they've both withstood the tests of time quite well.

As I watched, though, I couldn't help but wonder how much editorial control Frey and Henley had over the documentary. They've been described as the benevolent dictators of The Eagles and some of that came through in the doc. The firing of Don Felder had a brutal feeling to it. I also thought it went light on both Frey and Henley in terms of their own drug use, which is legendary on its own, compared to Joe Walsh's addiction.

Of course, Joe's addictions were pretty much in a league of one so hard to say. Much to his credit, Joe seems to be in really great shape. After Glenn died, I did a little web surfing about The Eagles and was sad to read that Randy Meisner appears to be in bad shape. Addiction.

All that said, maybe rock is no different than anything else. Maybe benevolent dictators are a necessity. I thought that last summer after reading Keith Richards' autobiography. He doesn't pull many punches on Mick, but you also get the strong feeling that none of the rest of the band had Mick's smarts about the biz. And that without them, the Rolling Stones might just be another footnote.

So I came away thinking give credit where credit is due. And be grateful for the soundtrack of my life. I saw Don Henley perform solo in the early '90s. He was exceptional and I get the sense he's one of the sharpest tacks in rock. (And who am I kidding. I'd have thrown myself at him, given the opportunity.)

I still think this is one of the finest songs of the 20th century. At least my 20th century. Thanks, Eagles.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Well my weekend has been ludicrous haha.
I'm taking a break from dating.
Went out with one guy and I paid for the take out- I just said he had to go inside and get it, because I didn't want to leave the car because it was cold out!
So I gave him my bank card, he comes out, we stop for gasoline because his car was on empty.
My bank card was still in his pocket from the take out.
He used my bank card to fill his gas tank- didn't even ask. Wtf?!?! Seriously!!! Who does that???

Had another date last night with someone I've been crazy about for 15 years- but we lost touch.
He was supposed to pick me up, he never called or texted.
So I went out for cake with a friend.
He texted this morning apologizing like crazy- he was in jail.

Hahaha- the powers that be are telling me to stop dating.
So I will......

My friends are quite enjoying these tales though, I'm glad folks are amused!!!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

The RV Neighbors are kewl. Fellow Californicators [where I'm from ~40 years ago] who give away fresh Oranges.

In stark contrast, the Dog Park 'Pals' with Necks O'Red never have been to any of the places they're contemplating moving to on her pending Inheritance. That's one aspect of the hilarity. They're Projecting their Values - somewhere off the Right side of the Flat Earth - onto places they've barely read about. Ignorance is bliss, and they're ecstatic.

What they're running from is any place with any Diversity whatsoever. In her case, anything/everything she found 'oppressive' in California where she lived. In his case, getting out of the Apartment they're now renting. His Ex- lives in his former House; right across from the sole Driveway they have to exit their Apartment from. Location, location, eh?

Stay tuned... Mebbe today they'll disclose their new 'ideal' Fantasy area to move to. I pitched Rural Colorado to them a few days ago. There's lotsa places they'd fit in. However, she didn't like all the Trailers For Sale she saw on line. *Guffaw*
Old 01-24-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
learning to live

Hi JS...Ugh serving nightmare stories. I ended up quiting every.single.time I waited tables. I have many stories but I will never forget when a guy complained about his and his wife's steaks....and I am like...you ate it all though...and he was like I don't care I want to talk to Manager....they got that free meal, a coupon for next time and did not leave me a dime after I spent so much time catering to them. UGHHH. Another time I served a table of at least 15 and they left me nothing....I wanted to scream!!!! haha

I am glad you said that JS...I so totally want to say that to a lot of people at work. I have come close. So close I have told people to "stop" get out and come back when you feel better LMAO!

and hi JS...and everyone else. Man I thought the 24 moved quick..this thread is fast!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Went out with one guy and I paid for the take out- I just said he had to go inside and get it, because I didn't want to leave the car because it was cold out!
So I gave him my bank card, he comes out, we stop for gasoline because his car was on empty.
He used my bank card to fill his gas tank- didn't even ask. Wtf?!?! Seriously!!! Who does that???

Had another date last night with someone I've been crazy about for 15 years- but we lost touch.

So I will......

Awe man! I was just having this conversation with my mom yesterday. Being single is just so much easier at this point. Dating is so much effort
  # 78 (permalink)  

^^LOL, Mesa. What could go wrong?

jsb. Dat is why I've been single since before white bread was invented.
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post

So I will......

Men.

Heavy sigh.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
^^LOL, Mesa. What could go wrong?

jsb. Dat is why I've been single since before white bread was invented.

For the record, I'd also like to note that I'd probably pay to read Bim's posts.