Notices

Picture Perfect Weekender Jan 22 Part 2

Old 01-23-2016, 09:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Tonight my first customer wanted to know if the item she chose off of our very good and very popular menu was 'bad,' then squeaked up her face in doubt when I honestly told her I was a fan of the dish. She ordered a cup of soup and asked the same thing and had the same reaction. When the soup arrived at an already unpalatably hot temperature, like she asked for, she said, "make it hotter!" Yes, that was how she spoke to me. So I took my sterling social skills from the dining room to the kitchen to ask a very tired and busy line cook with no social skills (see, that's why we have our jobs they need us) to accommodate her request in a fashion that he might not be further provoked by (you try turning it on for customer then line cook back and forth. Oy!). Then she and her husband actually touched my arm repeatedly as I breezed by in a flurry of other customers who "needed" things, because it was getting busier. They "needed" things. Things I was already getting for them, things they had asked for and I was on my way to getting, in my highly efficient and pleasant manner. But it's not good enough. It never is, because they're not happy and you are nobody to them.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My philosophy has also always been to vote with my wallet. But I begin with my empathy. Then a generous tip always follows.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

Plenny that is a horrible thing to put up with and you are right, there is no way in the world people should treat other people like that. I hope people give you a break next time you have to work a shift

Ran west along the canal this morning, the is a stretch of it where the acoustics make your own footsteps sound like there is someone right behind you. It is disconcerting, I kept looking behind me

Breakfast Club later
Old 01-24-2016, 02:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning wveryone.

Congrats Tetra on shotgun.

Sao... I hate that sort of thing. I get freaked kinda easy if I am out in the woods. But growing up being in NYC a lot I guess the city freaks me out less. I do have the sensibilities of a New Yorker when it comes to watching what is around me at all times. Something you get used to. But I have walked some streets down at the meat packing district late (now LB leave that alone!) and it's very disconcerting!!!

Up and these freaking antibiotics are done after today. The abscess is not detectable. The soreness gone and the swelling too. But I need that tooth to place a crown and bridge so now I have to wait a bit longer to be sure it does not return.

Feeling much stronger than yesterday. Doing what is right for me when I know the risks. Boy. I am super duper grateful for the gift of self awareness. You folks keep me safe this weekend. You were such a strong family last weekend. Thank you!!!

Want to get a few things done today. Two more small half hour work tasks to be sure I reduce stress for next week. I love to procrastinate but I hate stress more so I always just do what I need to do almost before I need to do it. Helps me stay sane. Let's there be variables I can handle better. I am such the analyst. Planning, things ahead. It gets very tiring sometimes. Lol but I cannot help that side of me. Why fight it huh?

I think Chuckie is realizing that Henry won't be coming back. He is acting more and more needy. I do my best to keep him engaged. We shall see. I certainly still feel the adjustment. Not there yet.

Damn autocarrot!!!!!

K
Old 01-24-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Helllooo
Old 01-24-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hi SW. How are you doing today? What's on your agenda?
Old 01-24-2016, 03:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Old 01-24-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Ken we done a big shop yesterday & last night I was helping my brother so were at home today going out shortly to take Glen out

I think were watching the revenant today & later were having chicken & chorizo for dinner

Spk soon guys
Old 01-24-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good morning!!
I slept really great. It is true what they say....sober sleep rocks!

Congrats Tetra on shotgun. I need to go back and look at the posts I missed. I had a headache last night so I tried to stay off my laptop.

I am on day 26. whoo hoo. I have some challenges coming up with that. I will be staying a hotel for a week that has free happy hours. I am going to stay away from it though.

Here is a picture of the salt flats in Utah.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
unnamed-11.jpg (23.6 KB, 40 views)
Old 01-24-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning, Enders!

I was sitting at my favorite little supper club last night having a cup of tea, chatting with a friend who is a very heavy drinker. We were discussing the qualities of different types of gin. That's his favorite. I know it sounds bizarre that I was talking about gin, it just came up in conversation. As I was sitting there talking about booze, I realized that not only was it not a trigger, but the thought of drinking actually made me feel a bit physically ill. It just seems repulsive to me now. I have come a long way! Still not ever going to let my guard down, though. Constant vigilance. Sobriety is so great - I never want to go back to the way my life was before.

Venecia - beautiful pictures from New Mexico, and a great story to go with them.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. MLD51- I felt exactly the same way looking at a wine tasting display I saw yesterday. I never want to go back there again as well.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Venecia, great photos of NM. I especially like that one from the bridge that forms the perfect "A" with shadow and steel. Cool story, too! I got sober like that down in Central America on the ocean. Right after treatment I was having trouble keeping my sanity in Chicago. Took the rest of my savings, flew to the Costa Rica/Panama border. It took the "environmental stress" off my plate, and I was able to stay engaged in sobriety. Totally get why NM was able to help you in that fashion!

Busy week of work forthcoming. We've had 2 employees resign recently - one of them went back to school, the other has two young kids under 5 and wanted to spend more time with them. So, more work for bigsombrero.

Been chilly here in the mountains, so on Friday afternoon the ladyfriend and myself are heading down to Monterrico, GUA. Two hour drive, door-to-door, straight south. Looking forward to a little mid-winter mini getaway to the palms on the mighty Pacific.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
Nothing like a great nights sleep...I had such horrible nights when I used to drink.
Plenny....it's just inexcusable how servers are treated, as you describe. I'm sorry for all the rude jerks in the world. You deserve to be treated with grace and gratitude.
I'm drinking coffee thinking about what I will do today. Dog walk first, then I may start on my taxes, then I may get my bike out of my shed and go for a little ride, and I may start on a baby quilt. Sounds too ambitious. ...I know I'll at least go for a hike with the doggies. They will insist since they didn't go yesterday. I will at least get my bike ready for a ride. I'm sure the tires are flat.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hot dogs on the grill sounds good for lunch!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Morning all .

Glad everyone seems to be doing well! We are having a lazy day, still full of cold. Maybe by some miracle I will get ahead on some assignments.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Opening up my new bag of Kenyan coffee I love so much and off to the gym.

Happy sober not hungover Sunday!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Melina, did you move this weekend?
Old 01-24-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good Sober Sunday morning, all! I slept beautifully last night, too. Grateful and pleased with that.

Sitting down to second cup with my plans for the day in front of me. Guess what...? I am beginning to be capable of caring about myself and about my life. Like...I'm kind of ... interested!

Ttyl!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

That is great, Bix! That's a good feeling, isn't it?
Old 01-24-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Bravo Bix...