Notices

Picture Perfect Weekender Jan 22 Part 2

Old 01-24-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

JsBodhi - dating is exhausting! I was actively dating early last year and met some very odd people! Talk about fate though - I logged into the dating website to cancel the subscription, and there was a message from Mr. Fireman. No photo, but the message and profile were well written. I replied with my cell number, cancelled the subscription and we met a few days later (I remember writing about the disaster 1st date - he got stuck at a fire, no call, no show. Then he called apologizing, we rescheduled for later in the day, he then got called in for flooding...I was beginning to think "sure", then he got cancelled as flooding eased, we arranged to meet...we ended up on the phone trying to find somewhere as the area between us was flooded...I guess it damn well had to be worth it after all that!). That was last June - time flies!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
For the record, I'd also like to note that I'd probably pay to read Bim's posts.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learningagain View Post
JsBodhi - dating is exhausting! I was actively dating early last year and met some very odd people! Talk about fate though - I logged into the dating website to cancel the subscription, and there was a message from Mr. Fireman. No photo, but the message and profile were well written. I replied with my cell number, cancelled the subscription and we met a few days later (I remember writing about the disaster 1st date - he got stuck at a fire, no call, no show. Then he called apologizing, we rescheduled for later in the day, he then got called in for flooding...I was beginning to think "sure", then he got cancelled as flooding eased, we arranged to meet...we ended up on the phone trying to find somewhere as the area between us was flooded...I guess it damn well had to be worth it after all that!). That was last June - time flies!
Yes its a jungle out there!
My friends and I have some ridiculous stories- where do these people come from!

Jail guy is believable- I grew up in a bad, poor neighbourhood and many of the people I grew up with were into trouble, he was one of them.
But I hadn't seen him in a few years- we ran into eachother randomly a couple days ago and exchanged numbers.
we've been crazy about each other since we were teenagers, but never had a chance to get together.
I was going to ask him when we went out if he was still running with those people or if he'd gone straight.
I guess I got my answer......
Old 01-24-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Ahhhhhh Frasier is ALWAYS a good idea. As is coffee.

I got my butt up out of bed today and made the coffee, and a huge breakfast that is definitely more than enough for two people. But I was so hungry in bed all night. I have trouble going to sleep not full, but I know you're not really supposed to do that so....

Thanks for the support for the service industry, folks. We do not have it easy. Sometimes customers do need to be reminded that we are human. I always take the high road with that but I never let anyone get away with that treatment. If they want to skimp on my tip, guess what, I already knew when they walked in the door that they were looking for any reason to do just that. Those are the people that don't get special treatment. Thankfully there are plenty of service industry workers in town and we all support each other. And my managers are advocates. And most of our customers are regulars here in the neighborhood and we love them. We run a tight ship so if someone walks in that bent out of shape, they should just go somewhere else.

ANYWAY. I'm proud of myself for getting outta bed and feeding myself healthy foods. Scrambled eggs with onion and zucchini, vanilla yogurt with banana, a bowl of red grapes, a strong cup of coffee, and a pint of chia drink with hibiscus concentrate.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by growpath View Post
Hi JS...Ugh serving nightmare stories. I ended up quiting every.single.time I waited tables. I have many stories but I will never forget when a guy complained about his and his wife's steaks....and I am like...you ate it all though...and he was like I don't care I want to talk to Manager....they got that free meal, a coupon for next time and did not leave me a dime after I spent so much time catering to them. UGHHH. Another time I served a table of at least 15 and they left me nothing....I wanted to scream!!!! haha

I am glad you said that JS...I so totally want to say that to a lot of people at work. I have come close. So close I have told people to "stop" get out and come back when you feel better LMAO!

and hi JS...and everyone else. Man I thought the 24 moved quick..this thread is fast!
Yes this happened all the time- the complaining to get a free meal.
This thread does move fast, its nice because someone is always around!
Glad to have you xoxo
Old 01-24-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

JsB no way! Ugh! I'm glad you had a cake back up plan.

I used to think Mr M would never blow me off, but here I am. He still hasn't written me back. I was just trying to stay friends. MEN.

Men, can you answer for your half of the species please???
Old 01-24-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hugs to all single ladies out there...and married ones, too! Men! Can't live with em, can't live with em! I don't need the frustration in my life right now....good idea on taking a break Jen!

On waitressing..... Served a guy a plate of wings. 15 minutes later I'm looking at a plate of bones while he tells me there was no meat on the bones! Wtf??? Seriously? The manager gave him another plate free. Should've taken a picture.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

That's ridiculous.
Most of the time my managers accomodate for any complaints but not if it's like that. They'd never throw us under the bus. Morale is very important to our crew.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Chain restaurants bend over backwards for the customer. My manager knew I served him wings with meat on them. People will do anything for a free meal!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I was a waitress for many years. I thought it was a great job. Set my own hours, worked part time, made enough money to live alone, put some aside and still take vacations etc.

I found people were generally nicer once they had food. Or alcohol. Or both.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Brynn, it's:

Men, ye can't live with em, can't bury them under the floorboards.

I have also had experience of the extent to which restaurant patrons treat staff like slaves in the belief that paying for a meal affords emperor like entitlement. And then leave without paying a tip. I detest meaness.

B
Old 01-24-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

The thing about being a server or bartender is that I treated everyone the same. That's a basic spiritual rule anyway.

Some people way under-tipped. Some way over-tipped. That said everything about them and nothing about me. The thing was to build relationships with the good ones, so they would come back. It all worked out. I made enough money. The overs/unders balanced out. I don't think it serves anyone to get angry about it; least of all me.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Brynn be careful supergluing a coffee mug handle. It might not only fall off one day but break your big toe, nearly cut it off as it breaks and burn you with its piping hot contents. Guess that would wake you right up though
Old 01-24-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lol behan!

I made great money waitressing, too, and the kind of stuff I had to deal with wasn't people necessarily being mean, just a lot of testosterone and ego tripping and guys acting like idiots in front of their friends. Juvenile stuff.

Yikes! Are you speaking from experience gs??
Old 01-24-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Men - can't live with them, can't skin 'em for pelts

Hi growpath, welcome

I am always polite to restaurant staff as I occasionally work in my sisters/BIL's plus I don't want my food spat in. I can't remember if it was this thread, I think it was - I didn't say anything when given the wrong pizza

Gearbox and exhaust on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160124_172731.jpg (36.9 KB, 46 views)
Old 01-24-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders, I hope you are all enjoying your Sundays. I had full intention of jumping all in to the weekend thread but got wiped out, and I do mean wiped out by a nasty virus. I don't think I have ever been so sick in my life. I nearly went to the hospital I was so shocked by the sheer force with which bodily fluids were coming out of my body and the stomach cramps, god the cramps. I am laid up today but fortunately not hanging over the toilet anymore. Though I didn't have any intentions of drinking going into the weekend this was a surefire way to ensure I didn't….
Old 01-24-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hey gang. I know many of you are multilingual. I acquired a nice set of Asian prints when my grandmother passed away. Each has a grouping of characters and this is one of them.Can any of y'all tell me what this says? Is it Japanese, Chinese? I've wondered for a long time and thought I'd tap into the knowledge of this eclectic group.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hi Mark! Cannot wait to see who knows. Curious.

Watching TV the rest of the day. Sunny and relaxing. All work and chores done. Feels GREAT!
Old 01-24-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Hey gang. I know many of you are multilingual. I acquired a nice set of Asian prints when my grandmother passed away. Each has a grouping of characters and this is one of them.Can any of y'all tell me what this says? Is it Japanese, Chinese? I've wondered for a long time and thought I'd tap into the knowledge of this eclectic group.

I can read some Chinese characters, but I can't read that- if it is Chinese its probably traditional characters and I can only read the standard, simplified ones that were enforced during cultural revolution
Ask MLD, she knows Chinese and she might be familiar with traditional text if thats the language it is
Old 01-24-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I think it says, "Endorse all future earnings over to Bim." . . . and then it gives my address; which is quite remarkable, Mark. I don't think I even knew your grandmother.