Notices

My millionth day one is almost over (again)

Old 01-13-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So I’ve bookmarked this page and I wanted to come back to give an update. It’s a few days from two years when I made this post. I am nearly two years completely sober. I reread my initial comments and remember every hour trying not to drink, and that seems like a lifetime ago. I mentioned saving money and starting to pay off credit cards, i no longer have any debt and I’m ahead for the first time in years. My wife and I are better than ever. I look back and can’t believe she stuck with me when she would come home from work and find me passed out, sometimes with a puddle where i urinated on myself. I think about the constant sneaking I did, hiding bottles or making an excuse to leave the house. I think about throwing up all throughout the day or the loose stool (sorry, but it’s true). I think about how I never did anything because I was worried about sneaking a drink or worried I wouldn’t have anything to drink. Above all I remember how helpless I felt. If you are here and want to quit, I hope this post helps. I felt like no one really felt like I did, I was so scared because the anxiety got so bad when I did. Somehow I got to the point that I’m in now, it wasn’t easy for me and it probably won’t be for you. My life isn’t perfect now by any means, I still get really down at times because it is hard to go out and have everyone drink but I can’t. But I just don’t drink the way other people do, I’d give anything to be able to be a responsible drinker, but it’s just not possible for me. But my life then and now is night and day different. So I know how you’re feeling, and you’re thinking I’ll never have two years, at least that’s how I felt. But just take the time and put the work in and you can get there. Let the hours and days add up and live the life that you had before you started this. I think you just have to be ready to stop, i don’t think it’s something you can do for someone other than yourself. I was reading others posts and my heart goes out to anyone who is in the spot i was, and I hope this helps someone get through a day without drinking. See you next year (fingers crossed)!
Old 01-13-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 years that is an amazing achievement and inspiration
Old 01-13-2018, 07:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

This is my first day here, and reading this made me cry. Your story is very inspiring, and it gave me a lot of hope tonight. Thank you.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Congratulations on two years! Your post sounds so positive, I am glad things are going so well!!!
Old 01-14-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Rar

You are an inspiration Lenono. Thank you for updating us.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
This is my first day here, and reading this made me cry. Your story is very inspiring, and it gave me a lot of hope tonight. Thank you.
Welcome to the board and thank you for reading my story and encouraging me! And thanks everyone for the comments. Professor D stick to these boards, they really helped me out a lot. It really is possible for you to quit and you’ll be so grateful that you did. Thanks everyone!