Notices

Finishing a glass..feeling unsure

Old 01-20-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Ok I think I need to clarify - I HAVE stopped. I am back on the sober train, people! I appreciate everyone focusing on telling me to stop, but I assure you all - you HAVE gotten through to me. Sunday night was not a first of many "moderation experiments" for me. It was a slip, and one that has not derailed my journey. So, please..I do get it. I'm just sharing my where my head is at at this point; and at this point, it didn't bother me when that happened..sorry?

Quick note to thumpalumpacus and others who commented on me not pouring the bottle out - I am actually a sales manager at a winery, and by pouring that bottle, I'd have "wasted" wine that I also use to sample to customers. Sorry for not clarifying, that wine was not being saved for me, I promise! I have a sister who enjoys my leftover work bottles, and I have a preservation system that allows me to use that wine for work for up to a week after opening. I need to get used to having open bottles of wine in my house, as it will continue to happen in the profession I am in.

Just wanted to clear those two things up. Up this AM for a before work run. Feeling positive and clear headed. Wonder what today will bring...happy Wednesday!
Old 01-20-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Do your best

Seep I wish you the best what's your plan bud
Old 01-20-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Continuing working out - I added mornings to this. It forces me to get up early AND go to bed early, and all the action has me tuckered out at night.

I've also started drinking Kava tea, which has a very nice mellowing effect - this will be key for me on nights when I'm anxious about work.

Continuing SR, these forums are more valuable than gold for me.

I'm also preparing for a big dinner I have with college friends this Friday...there will be drink, and lots of it.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
quat

I'm also preparing for a big dinner I have with college friends this Friday...there will be drink, and lots of it.

Note to Seep's AV
This situation can be used to produced feeling of temptation, annoyance and whatevers and in any all combinations of these and others and Seep will deal with them as need be.
But the fact remains it will be a gathering of people(other than provenance of initial association "college" is just an adjective) and Friday will be a day just like all other days, so no special or added 'meaning' need be applied.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ok so if it was me I would not drink on Friday with my drinking buddies, and then risk a relapse over the weekend.... AV is really smart, it is.

You are smarter.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Stay strong, Seep. :-)