Notices

Tough !

Old 01-20-2016, 02:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough !

Day 26 and I'm tired, irritable and feel like I'm on the verge of becoming depressed. I don't know whether it is the not drinking, lack of sleep from looking after the baby or from over exercising, which I seem to do far more intensely now I'm not drinking. What to do ? Well I'm not going to drink and the baby's going nowhere so I'm going to take 2 weeks off exercising and see if my energy and good mood returns. My wife is having a hard time of things at the moment for reasons I wouldn't want to disclose on here and is coping by drinking herself to sleep every night, which isn't helping me either. I just go to bed early and watch a film. Anyway I won't drink today and I don't want to ever drink again. I'm not talking myself into drinking again I am aware of how that feels from last time. I will work through this, whatever it takes.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry things are tough at the moment Steve you are doing amazing tho

Have you thought about speaking to a Dr ?
Old 01-20-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Yeah, don't drink. Just make it thru the day. It's pretty normal to have up and down moods. Know that a down mood will get better with time. Hang in there!
Old 01-20-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

All the best, hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

(((((Steve)))))

It's still early on, be gentle with yourself. Come and hang out in chat when you can
Old 01-20-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stay strong brother, a drink will NOT help at all
Old 01-20-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

First few weeks I found exercise extremely difficult and exhausting especially after feeling so low, been up and down since also with a massive low at the weekend, went in the gym yesterday and could barely lift anything like the usual - had to drop the weights to get the sets out and still struggled.

Rest probably is a good idea for a few days at least but perhaps try to lower the intensity thereafter for a week or two, I'm like you in that I feel I have to give it everything I've got when in there.

Good luck with it.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Yeah I'll be in chat as ever Dharma it's part of my plan. I'll go see dr if a few weeks out of gym doesn't help soberwolf. I think it's that and a lack of sleep. Something has to give and it's going to be my training for a while. Yeah redandy no half measures here either. Thank you guys.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there Stevepearce and good job analyzing how you can tweak your routine. You need to be proud of yourself for trying to make adjustments versus reaching for a drink.

Way to go. Hopefully reducing your exercise routine will alleviate some of the problems. I know I spent months with very little sleep when I first quit. All I can say is never give up, your body will adjust with time. If all else fails, I think you are right on target in seeing a doctor; definitely can't hurt.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you ccam.