Notices

A Weekender Reunion! 1-1 '16

Old 01-01-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

So very sorry for your loss, BigSombrero.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I got sick in the middle of the night -
could have been the stupid sweet/desserts we had after midnight combined with pomegranate/plum juice mix. Or just the bad mix of junk all day...

"Movie time" was a big let down. She found this show called nurse jackie that I painfully sat through for a few hours. It's entertaining I guess, I'm just not ready for another manufactured program like friends. On top of that her critiquing everything that goes on in the hospital...

IT'S A ******* TV SHOW FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! That's what they do...

Happy New Year?

BigS, glad you were able to make it to the hospital. Sorry it was just a little late. Was thinking about you last night.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

I am very sorry about your Grandmother, BigS. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family xx

I am absolutely miserable here. I wanted to take a bath when I got up this morning to freshen up and dry my tears. Unfortunately we ran out of oil so I put on the electric switches. An hour later water still freezing. I went downstairs after to heat up some non-alcoholic mulled punch my dad bought me. It is a mix of fruit juices and cinnamon. I brought my mom in a cup to say thanks for the super lunch she cooked. Her response was "why are you shaking? Is there alcohol in this?"
No mom, I am just out of a freezing bath that's why.
She worries way too much about me and drives me mad. I just want to go back to bed.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Good morning! Happy New Year! Five pages of this thread to catch up on since I signed off last night, and I will enjoy every minute of that! I had a terrible time resting, but fell asleep hard, at last, about 7am to 10:15am. I'll take it. Ttyl.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

BigS, I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved grandmother. I know you will be a comfort to the rest of your family in this difficult time. It is good to be sober and able to show up like this, isn't it?

This morning I got up and started my laundry at 7AM, like I do every Friday morning. That is the earliest we are allowed to start laundry. Then I thought, hm, both my downstairs neighbors are drinkers. I hope they aren't hungover.

Sorry, not sorry.

You all were very insightful last night. . .as I slept.

BLTA for brekkie.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Do your best

It's nippy today central heating is now on : )
Old 01-01-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
LBrain - since you are apparently not Monica any longer - who you are now in a new show?)) Sorry you had these downers on NY.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
"Movie time" was a big let down. She found this show called nurse jackie that I painfully sat through for a few hours. It's entertaining I guess, I'm just not ready for another manufactured program like friends. On top of that her critiquing everything that goes on in the hospital.
No likey, Brain? I was gonna give it a whirl. I'm going to need something to wean me off of Making a Murderer.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

BigS, please accept my condolences on the passing of your grandmother. Like others have said, what a comfort to your mother that you are there.

Tetra, I'm sorry your mom made that comment when you were shivering. I would be so annoyed, too.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I watched the first few seasons of Nurse Jackie on DVD. She is a such a typical addict...it's both sad and funny.

I've told this story before on SR, but I grew up with a kid who became an anesthesiologist, just like his dad. He worked in the hospital where I was born. The police came to his house and told him to get his affairs in order, they were arresting him on drug charges related to the hospital.

He disappeared before they arrested him.

His body was found down-river from Niagra Falls not too long after, his car having been left above the falls. He was in his thirties.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

some music for your new year's day

Old 01-01-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words, folks. I appreciate all of them. Looking forward to a positive 2016! I think I'll kick off the season with a nice long nap, I am exhausted! Just spent the morning with my little niece (almost 4) and nephew (2). My niece and I played with my old Star Wars action figures from my childhood, can't believe she was so into those old toys from 1982! A nice breath of fresh air to start the year. They are such fun little tykes but they run me ragged....a great reminder though, life goes on and new faces and new memories will be coming to fill in the holes left by those who have gone. Heading over to my sister's and bro-in-law's for dinner later, I'll take my mom too.

Thanks for letting me share the sad news this morning, glad to be moving forward and starting 2016 sober and in control! Now, if only I could control this weather! Brrrrr!
Old 01-01-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Sending you good thoughts, BigS.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Doing my part and carrying my fair share, something I avoided in the past during my active alcoholism. Glad to be sober for these type of events and here in mind and spirit.
Thanks for being alongside in the journey , thanks for your sobriety and sharing it with us .

keep on Big S

m
Old 01-01-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Bimini, what a sad story...
Old 01-01-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss BigS. Take care of your good self.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
...holds the key

((Big S))

Just saw that Natalie Cole passed away. Weird that you just posted her songs.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Just looking at the Natalie Cole Story. We floated by her very nice House when on a small Boat with a College Gal Pal many Years ago.

She was one of us. From Wiki:

'In 2000, Cole released an autobiography, Angel on My Shoulder, which described her battle with drugs during much of her life, including heroin and crack cocaine. Cole said she began recreational drug use while attending the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She was arrested in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for possession of heroin in 1975. Cole continued to spiral out of control – including one incident where she refused to evacuate a burning building, and another where her young son Robert nearly drowned in the family swimming pool while she was on a drug binge. She did eventually enter rehab in 1983'.

- Natalie Cole ~ NBC. com -
Old 01-01-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I did not know that about Natalie Cole. Sad to hear of her passing. So young. Well, 65 seems young to me. Congestive heart failure, they say.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Wayne Rogers (Trapper John from M*A*S*H) died today too.