Notices

Relapse prevention weekender Dec 18

Old 12-20-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 561 (permalink)  

I've had no time to catch up.

My mom is driving me mad. We have a house full of sheets and towels, but she still went out and bought new sheets and towels for my brother. They will be here for one night. They are not moving in!

I got some kind of itchy insect bite on my arm. I mentioned it was kind of sore and she said "don't worry, it's probably just one of those things that crawls around!" Very comforting!

I haven't smoked for a while, but I bought a pack yesterday. I am finding I need something...I don't know. The last time I had a cigarette was four months ago, the night my Grandmother died. I could not sleep and I was smoking and looking out the window at 3 am. I will give up again on December 26th.

I remember a couple of years ago I went to Spain. I met this guy, he told me that he smokes one cigarette only at night and he really enjoys it, and he really looks forward to it. Oh to have such willpower...
Old 12-20-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 562 (permalink)  

In other words, annoying to everyone but myself.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 563 (permalink)  

Ok I really didn't count each goldfish. I guesstimated off the 8 handfuls I inhaled.

I'm crazy but not counting 320 individual goldfish crazy
Old 12-20-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 564 (permalink)  

Yah, Prince holds his own. A respected Bass Player, too...

Linked below is the Guy that Clapton, et al, claim to bow down to. Humble as all get out...

I think I just cut a Deal on my Four Wheeler by Phone. I threw out the Option of a few Payments to me while it sits here, and I retain the Title. Sounded good this very nice Gent. He wants to take the Blade off it, and put it on his Dad's Four Wheeler.

I learned long ago that the preferable type of Business is the kind that makes a Deal Close. All the rest is simply Belly Bumping. Homie, here, don't play dat... Besides, I got some Missiles to buy.

Breakfast yesterday was Sushi Rolls. Today, it's a Scramble. Chicken/Apple Snausages. Sourdough Toast. Coffee that'll etch Paint off an old Table.

- 'Sweet Little Lisa' ~ Albert Lee & The Replacements -
Old 12-20-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 565 (permalink)  

He can do that, Bim, because he is a musical genius and has earned the right to be completely over the top and ostentatious.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 566 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I always thought George Harrison was the cutest of all the Beatles.

Oh tetra...hope you can really put the ciggies down on the 26th! I don't dare toy with that idea! One puff and I'd be right back to a pack+ a day!
Old 12-20-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 567 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Ok - I'm off to the bowling alley to own the situation with grace and maturity. No crying, no pouting, no scenes.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 568 (permalink)  

Christmas trees like ginger ale.
Helps them to not drop so many needles.
Real stuff. Sugar. No diet.
Some say aspirin too.
They prefer the sugar.
That's why mine came in a Wallymart box with the lights already on it.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 569 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
He can do that, Bim, because he is a musical genius and has earned the right to be completely over the top and ostentatious.

Oh, absolutely. He is a genius - and he looks good doing it and is wildly entertaining, too. I love him!
Old 12-20-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 570 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Have fun Marty!
Old 12-20-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 571 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Turns out I DID buy lamb after all, it just happens to be very pale in colour. That is beyond blonde

It occurred to me that this weekend last year, starting Friday, about 7.00pm ish was the start of what I am determined to make, my last ever bender. It was an epic 10 day affair with a very brief break on Xmas Day to barely acknowledge daughters. Towards the end my insides were painful, my ankles and lower legs hurt, I probably stank, I was sweating constantly and having to walk quite a distance to find somewhere that I had not bought loads of booze at. It's good to have remind myself of it so that I never go back to that place
Old 12-20-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 572 (permalink)  

Sounds like a possible spider bite, Tetra.
I got nailed in rural NY, a month ago. Itchy at first, but sore to the touch and somewhat swollen. Went away in a week.
I heard they sometimes get shipped with new sheets and towels?
Or was that bananas from Chile?
(just kidding)
Old 12-20-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 573 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ken

I hope Sunday gets better for you. They obviously appreciate your efforts where you work as you have just been promoted and as our leader and driver you know all us Weekenders love you. Keep on doing what you do fella
Old 12-20-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 574 (permalink)  

Awright, awright, I've probably creeped some of you out with my tarantula photos, but ya' gotta watch this.
The peacock jumping spider mating ritual.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 575 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Its so liberating knowing we never have to go back there, Sao. You've come a long way
Old 12-20-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 576 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Ken

I hope Sunday gets better for you. They obviously appreciate your efforts where you work as you have just been promoted and as our leader and driver you know all us Weekenders love you. Keep on doing what you do fella
Wow Sao. Thank you. Made me smile! I get so much from you and everyone who joins in on the weekender. It feels safe and fun and it can help a sour mood turn around.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 577 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Turns out I DID buy lamb after all, it just happens to be very pale in colour. That is beyond blonde

It occurred to me that this weekend last year, starting Friday, about 7.00pm ish was the start of what I am determined to make, my last ever bender. It was an epic 10 day affair with a very brief break on Xmas Day to barely acknowledge daughters. Towards the end my insides were painful, my ankles and lower legs hurt, I probably stank, I was sweating constantly and having to walk quite a distance to find somewhere that I had not bought loads of booze at. It's good to have remind myself of it so that I never go back to that place
Nice reminder Sao... I take out my cd of my arrest and watch it. It reminds me of the way I felt and don't ever want to feel again. Never forget.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 578 (permalink)  

I do have to remind myself that only one other person in my entire company has been promoted to the level I am now at. I mean for the title and job I do. That's pretty effing awesome. I don't feel proud as much as immensely grateful. Like did they make a mistake? Will they try to take it back? Lol

I want to go back in a week and work even harder for their kindness. And I do mean kindness. My boss is wonderfully supportive.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 579 (permalink)  

Weas looks much better when he lets Sandra drive...

Frank Zappa's Drummer, and his lovely Wife. Hot Band back in the Day...

- 'Walking In L.A.' ~ Missing Persons - Live -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Speed.jpg (46.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 12-20-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 580 (permalink)  

Yeah... I am about as hot as Keanu. I think..... Nope... I am sure of it.