Notices

Relapse prevention weekender Dec 18

Old 12-20-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 521 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Wow do I have some catching up to do here, haha. I got up today around 8:30 and changed the oil in my car, topped off the wiper fluid, replaced my wiper blades and filled up my tires. Just got a shower and I'm ready to face the day. Amazing how much more productive I can be when I'm sober!

Avra, glad to year the weekend is going well for you!
Old 12-20-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 522 (permalink)  

For Steven...

Old 12-20-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 523 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Glad you are doing well today ZeldaFan!
Old 12-20-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 524 (permalink)  

Nothing like the smell of white sage smudging!!! Ahhhh....
Old 12-20-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 525 (permalink)  

Yes, my tablet can't handle long posts on 5 % power. ...gotta keep them short.
I'm enjoying this day lying in bed. Unfortunately I need dog food so will have to drag myself out at some point.
Lbrain....the new camera is wonderful. I've been taking great photos on my walks. Making my dogs pose here and there. They are patient with me. One of these years I will learn how to post photos...then you all will be sorry I did.
I'm brunette. ..have been all my life. Now, thanks to hair color. I'm not ready for grey yet.
Soberpotamus. ..sad story about steven.
ok...time for a nap.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 526 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Glad you are doing well today ZeldaFan!
Thank you! Night and day from where I was on this day last week. So thankful!
Old 12-20-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 527 (permalink)  

My nephews girlfriend showed up at thanksgiving with the most beautiful gunmetal gray hair. I was so in love with it! But my hair guy says it's a big deal to get there.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 528 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Soberpotamus. ..sad story about steven.
So many good memories to trump the sad finality of it. I remember him fondly. Had a good cry just now. Haven't thought about him in a long time.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 529 (permalink)  

Mesa, he had this old, and at one time, very expensive sound system set up. He blasted that song you posted, the Jeff Lynne one.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 530 (permalink)  

Nothing like the smell of white sage smudging!!! Ahhhh....
Nice! Could you send some peaceful cleansing thoughts our way as you smudge? That sounds lovely! Thank you!

That was a sad story, SoberP, thank you for sharing.

Talking about family, I'll pop in to my sister's house to see them on Christmas and my dad will be there. It'll be nice but I'm not going to do a marathon 12 hours of hanging out the way we do on Thanksgiving. They get a kick out of my bf's kid, all the kids like to play together.

Since I stopped drinking, I have been in the midst of active drinking three times- family vacation in July, family vacation in September, and Thanksgiving. In July I rented my own cabin so I was able to get away from it. In NYC in September I was around them drinking bc we shared a room- my only escape was after dinner when they would go to have night caps, I was able to walk around the city and go to the room to decompress.

On Thanksgiving, I started to keep count the references to wine and alcohol in addition to the actual drinking but I became bored, lost count, and realized I was being a snob. It was hard to connect with ppl while they were getting numb. But I've always been worse than them when I drink, so it must be a relief for them not to have to deal with me drinking, crying and passing out.

My dad mentioned that while he's here they plan to go to museums, etc. I think he noticed how bored I was, and one of my sisters gets extremely snippy when she has a couple.

I received an email about which Chicago restaurants will be open on Christmas Day. I really really love Korean BBQ, so I may start a new tradition! Grilled meats and plenty of tasty side dishes.. I'd rather do that than watch ppl drink.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 531 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon gang
Old 12-20-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 532 (permalink)  

Awoooooo, soberwolf, how are you?
Old 12-20-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 533 (permalink)  

As is my Preference, I like making things easy for Folks. With that intent in Mind - and not to Trigger anyone - I'll Link this Jeff Lynne Song about a past Relationship from Armchair Theater. The end just draws me right in. Very seductive...

- 'Now You're Gone' ~ Jeff Lynne -

I got all kinda Legacy Audio & Lextronics Gear, so I sho appreciate what Steven amassed. And, his Mindset...

As the Alcohol consumption 'round here drops, Creativity goes up! Imagine your lack-of-surprise, eh? Below are some Sage Smudges Da Wife whipped on for Gal Palz. I dunno what kind of Sage we have here on 80 Acres. Given my Skin Tone - when I collect it - it's definitely White Sage!

Her Mom & Aunt had a really high-end Custom Clothing Store in 'old', safe Downtown Detroit. So, the lil Sage End Wrap Thingys are all her Mom's 'Notions' from the '40s or so. Stuff you can't get anymore... She's gonna Smudge this House. I just asked that we observe Moderation. This Joint is really tight, and any deposited Smoke is gonna linger Big Time.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 534 (permalink)  

Nice MM!

I was already Melina... you must have felt it when you posted!!!
Old 12-20-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 535 (permalink)  

Nice MM!

I was already Melina... you must have felt it when you posted!!!
Muchas gracias, I feel more relaxed and lighter already!

I'm going to go do my Sunday ritual of going to eat until I can't fit anymore food in- pork in salsa verde, ham and jalapeņo omelette, rice, beans, guac, sopes, bunuelos, papaya, rice pudding, orange juice and coffee.

It feels so good to sit there and have food served to me after a long week of cooking at work.

Thing I Want To Do Mo Better: eat when I'm hungry instead of pretending the hunger will go away and eat items that are nourishing and nutritious.

Civilian guy came up to the pass the other night and asked us all what we eat at home- answers were: maruchan, frozen pizzas, canned ravioli and frozen waffles. We are too tired to do it up after cooking hard all day.

I need to address my fatigue and energy issues and I know that there is a lot of room for improvement in that category.

Thanks again for sage smudging us, Ken!
Old 12-20-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 536 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hope you feel better soon HaF

Sad about Steven, reminds me that things like Hep C was a death sentence just a couple of decades ago

Glad you are doing OK Zeldafan & Avra

Couple of hours ago I saw a snowman and an elf having a suppressed argument - an argument but without raised voices - about who had the right to stand and collect in a particular spot. I hung around for bit hoping there might be a fight (would have made for some great photos). In the end they both stood about 5 metres apart and ignored each other

I meant to buy lamb but appear to have bought pork, I don't even have the excuse of being blonde
Old 12-20-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 537 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks for sharing some of Steven with us, potamus

Just realized all the trees are bare! Just a few days ago they were still covered in leaves! I love seeing all the beautiful bare branches. Might take a walk to the creek today.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 538 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha Sao! Welcome to my world

Melina....at least you have an excuse not to cook. I've got nothing. Last nights dinner was a Butterfinger and a half-ripe pear. Ridiculous.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 539 (permalink)  

Those homemade smudge bundles are so beautiful and nostalgic, MM. Thanks for posting them, and my address will be in your PM box . . . They're just lovely and so special with those old notions.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 540 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Hope you feel better soon HaF

Sad about Steven, reminds me that things like Hep C was a death sentence just a couple of decades ago

Glad you are doing OK Zeldafan & Avra

Couple of hours ago I saw a snowman and an elf having a suppressed argument - an argument but without raised voices - about who had the right to stand and collect in a particular spot. I hung around for bit hoping there might be a fight (would have made for some great photos). In the end they both stood about 5 metres apart and ignored each other

I meant to buy lamb but appear to have bought pork, I don't even have the excuse of being blonde
I love this post!