Notices

No clutter Wee-kender December 11th

Old 12-10-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Sending you many good vibes Brynn. I hope getting a good nights sleep helps a bit x
Old 12-10-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Do your best

Night gang
Old 12-10-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Night SW.

Brynn, sending continued support.

Heading into the office. Growl. For an hour and then I get to sit in traffic for over an hour to get home.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Brynn.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

So sorry, Brynn

I'm thinking of you and sending many good vibes out.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Quite funny - Unusual for me to be outdoors on a weekday. I met an old friend this evening at a licenced cafe (one that can sell alcohol) - I had a green tea he had a solitary Becks Lager

While we were there I overheard some goth girls who had been refused entry to a club that I have known the German owner of for 3 decades (calls himself Ziggy or Zigfried but between you and me Weekenders his real name is Norbert )so I made a call and then walked the ladies 30 metres to make sure the door staff would let them in. Ha! they asked me, out of politeness to join them - the oldest swinger in town, much to their relief I said no of course but on getting back to my flat I do believe I have some black lipstick marks on me. I'm still alive Yay!

Goth anthem from years ago

Old 12-10-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Brynn

Well I'm a bit worried tonight.
My dad's drivers licence is up at the beginning of January. Because it's the day before his birthday, he has to get a medical test. So he booked himself a GP appointment tomorrow.

About two years ago, my dad was very stressed, losing weight and going to the toilet all night. He would always downplay any symptoms he had so my mom begged me to help. I booked a doctors appointment, gave him some money and dragged him there. I remember the GP was concerned about something and sent us off to A&E with a form for a chest x-ray. The guy couldn't find anything wrong, so were sent home.

My dad is quite thin, Last Christmas I was working Christmas Eve and my brother picked me up. When we were driving home he commented that dad has become a bit stooped. I asked my sister (a doctor) and she said that's what happens as you get older. He will be 70 this year.

When my folks bought this house, they did a deal with the local farmer that he could keep his sheep on their land as long as he keeps the grass cut. His old father was walking across the field this morning, I was watching through the window and he is practically bent over. My fathers parents lived to be 84 and 88.

So yeah, I'm a bit concerned.

On a different note, I am going to Limerick tomorrow to do some shopping and spend the night. After all my years hiding away, it is lovely to be out and about. My mom said to me today that I'm a changed person. I didn't ask "Can I do this?" I said " I am going to..."

I still remember the bad old days when my money and all my cards were taken off and I wasn't allowed anywhere alone.

I have changed, and for that, I am grateful tonight.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

That's funny Sao "Norbert"

That was kind of you to make the call. You have a good soul.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

You guys are all fabulous. Much love to those going through a rough time xx

Loved your post, Ken. Thank you :-)

Go, Sao, eh?! Black, goth lipstick on the collar. Love it :-) The old dog still knows his tricks!!!
Old 12-10-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

It's only Thursday here. .. but I'm in for the weekend trip
Old 12-10-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Sao, cool story Nice of you to help those girls like that. Great song!
Old 12-10-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I bought pepper spray today. I do hope I'll never have to use it. Feeling a bit like I need some sort of protection lately. There was the gun shot in the store incident, the crazy neighbor down the street, and the likely scenario of having to defend the beagles from another dog. I don't even know how to use the spray yet. Guess I'll figure it out.

And then there's my escalating anxiety and fear over the jaw surgery.

The news constantly going about the mass shootings, terrorists attacks, the Planned Parenthood shooter, and so on.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Night!
Old 12-10-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

^^^
Ah, so nice, Ken

G'night.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

It was scary how many people were buying guns at the gun counter today when I went into the store to get the pepper spray. I never go to gun counters anyway, and didn't realize pepper spray was in that section of the store -- it's considered a weapon, and it's also illegal to use in some states (I was unaware of this too).

I can understand that if my anxieties are rising and I'm in the store buying pepper spray, that's probably why all those guys were in there buying guns.

Article in NYTimes just published going on about how Americans' fear of terrorism is as high as it was just after 9/11. I believe it.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I guess pepper spray won't save me from a nutjob wielding an automatic weapon.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tetra, Tooshabby if you live long enough what goes around etc . His Norbertness is a top guy and the least likely nightclub owner you ever saw

Norbert (Nobby) passes himself of as Zigfried von Underbelly - nightclub owner and Box Park retailer -really he does
Old 12-10-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

The first bit of this clip - from one of my favourite Christmas movies -is me these days. After spending most of my life living in fear, I am no longer afraid of my mom, I am no longer afraid of what people think about me, and I am no longer afraid of life. I want to start living again.

My therapist asked me recently, apart from your Grandmother, how was 2015 for you? I told him it was the year I woke up.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
My therapist asked me recently, apart from your Grandmother, how was 2015 for you? I told him it was the year I woke up.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hope you've turned the corner, Brynn, let us know how you are doing.

Saochik that's a great story! Crazy that so many of us thought we needed to be drunk to collect these kind of happenstance gems. Nope.

Today the ladyfriend told me my new Skype picture "wasn't the best picture" of me. What the heck? I think it was just fine, thank you, and I will change my own damn Skype photo whenever I want! Geez, louise. Well, she gets a pass because it's her b-day tomorrow. And let's be honest, there's no need to take too much offense. I chuckled, in fact. Back in my drinking days, I was a real angry person and would make a big stink about any little comment. Today, I stride forward, whistling a happy tune.