Notices

No clutter Wee-kender December 11th

Old 12-10-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Morning, W'enders!

Red Andy, stay close. The earliest days are the hardest. We're here to let you know it *does* get better.

Serene Edition, are you traveling? Would love to hear more about you.

OK, off to the salt mines. Waiting to hear whether we can close on the sale of my parents' home (and that of we kids) tomorrow. It has been something of an ordeal, though likely more for the buyers than us. It was originally to take place on Nov. 24.

Rock on!
Old 12-10-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning gang, welcome all newcomers to this thread! Glad to see some new faces on the board!

The ladyfriend's birthday is this weekend. Got her some bling (necklace) so that should do the trick. We're going to dinner at a place tomorrow that we both have always wanted to try, should be fun! Will likely just tramp around town this weekend and relax. Preparing for our flight to Costa Rica (just an hour flight) next Saturday....can't wait to get back to my peaceful beach retreat down on the S. Caribbean. I just want to sit in the calm ocean for hours and will be doing just that.

Today I'm cleaning, mopping the floors, and hitting the market for fresh fruits and veggies after work. One day at a time!
Old 12-10-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

In!
Old 12-10-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

G'morning and welcome to all newcomers

Sounds like the opener is a call to declutter the noise of the mind Nice one, Ken.

This morning, as I was running through the house and slinging together my coffee (yes, slinging), I remembered reading Ken's opener and told myself, "Hey, let's take it a down a notch or two and live in this moment, no matter how routine or mundane." It worked, for a few moments I will never get that moment back, and so it's nice to know I truly "lived" it. Thanks, Ken.

Just finished listening to Morning Edition on NPR. On my 2nd cup of coffee now. I got a late start today. The beagles were allowed (by Mr. Potamus) to go outside after dinner last night. They didn't come home until close to midnight. Urgh. Couldn't sleep well until they were tucked into bed. So, later morning than usual.

Time for some piano music and then off to shower, work, and then I'm dropping of a return package, picking up some pepper spray, and going to try and get Katie into the vet to check on her eyes, ears, moles, a sore foot, and her chronic hip issue. Tired of wondering if she's breaking down on us. She's older, but I want her as healthy as possible.

See y'all soon.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I.B. Inn...

Givin' schitte away left & right to local Hospice. Sold off the City House last July. Down to 2 Houses then. Just did Paperwork to move the Mountain House to get us down to this 1 House. The Gravel Hauling Gent who did the new Driveway wants to buy my rarely-used Four Wheeler. Let's Make A Deal! Cleaned out the Truck Bed a few Days ago of stuff I've been hauling around for no reason. Clearing away Weeds. Stacking Wood far away, and outta site. Cleaning, and clearing Project Tools off the Porch.

Time to get on with it...

~ Free Your Mind & Your Body Will Follow ~

- 'Let's Go Bikini' ~ Lemon -
Old 12-10-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

No idea how or why, but this 80's song popped into my head just now

Old 12-10-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Perfect start to the thread. *ring *ring never gets old, I still use it daily.

Declutter the mind. It took me about a year after I quit drinking to be able to slow my brain down to a normal level - and I had to consciously work at that. Now it has become habit, along with the breathing. My login onto Windows relates to that, so does my morning and night prayer. Jumping ahead of "now" has always been one of my biggest issues. Staying in this moment is key to my serenity. Clearing thoughts, stopping thoughts, replacing fearful thoughts with happy and positive ones - all these things are important to my sobriety, and are things I've struggled with all my life. I just didn't know they were in my power to manage until I started researching positive psychology, CBT, spiritual programs, and started practicing the tools suggested in these disciplines.

I remember even as a small child I would try to be one step ahead. I don't know if it is a biological thing or a survival thing or if it's a psychological misfire or what - but it's not helpful!

Easy does it.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Great post as usual, Weasel.

Is there room for me?
Old 12-10-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Tetra.... Is there room for me???? There is always room for Tetra!!!!! Enjoy your posts!

Good to see new folks and old folks... No offense I meant regulars. Hahaha...

My race is Sunday. Cannot wait!

Ok back to work.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Old 12-10-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Do your best

Riding the roof I'm in
Old 12-10-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Coffee Swillers are in the back of the Bus, Tetra.

Your Seat is warm...

- Ten Best Songs For Coffee Lovers -
Old 12-10-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Nice, MM

Love Sarah Vaughan's version of Black Coffee, too.

And reminds me of this edgier version I heard a few years back.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 12-10-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Ring....ring.....ring. Count me in with bells on!
Old 12-10-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Welcome back, uniqueusername.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I am hoping to go next year. Maybe in February. My brother works from home. His wife doesn't so I want to plan it around their timetable and not impose too much. They used to live in Ann Arbor but now they have moved to a place called Ambler Philadelphia. They said it's a pity I never went to Ann Arbor as it is a nicer place. But my brother said he could take a couple of days off and we will do some things.

The weather is so bad. Constant rain. I would prefer the big freeze of 2010 to this.

I spent some time doing up my CV and now I have a beautiful CV

I went out for coffee with my dad and sister. My mom warned me not to eat too much cake before my lunch. I have to say that my mom is an excellent cook. So we came back and she gave me a fright. She said "let me smell your breath..." I was like Oh God. Then she continued "so I can tell how much coffee you have had"...

I know she means well and too much coffee is bad but it dredged up a lot of bad memories.
Family can always drudge up bad memories! My mom does the same thing to me and I've learned to laugh it. It's her way of saying "I'm still your mom, I care and love you.......and I'm 45. No, they don't change.

Nevertheless, I think your parents sound like caring cute parents.....Outside looking (reading) in perspective.....
Old 12-10-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
No idea how or why, but this 80's song popped into my head just now
Everybody Wang Chung tonight......
Old 12-10-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
"Hey, let's take it a down a notch or two and live in this moment, no matter how routine or mundane." It worked, for a few moments I will never get that moment back, and so it's nice to know I truly "lived" it. Thanks, Ken.
I don't know how you wrote the aforementioned and then this song popped in your head. That is some serious fortuity! I see the two as connected.

What exactly does it mean to "Wang Chung"? Maybe nothing, but perhaps there is a deep spiritual meaning rooted in ancient Buddhism. "Huang Chung" is Chinese for "Yellow Bell," and refers to what they believed was the perfect pitch for music, and a manifestation of the divine. Nick Feldman, who is half of the duo Wang Chung, once said: "Wang Chung is the feeling, not the word. It represents an abstract, an escape from pragmatic, complex ideas.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

good morning , good afternoon and good evening

In like finn for the weekend bus .

Lets get through till monday ,
just break it down small and get through till bedtime .. rinse and repeat ..

It might be a bit tedious at the start , stimulation from external stimuli rather than chemically blasting ourselves into annihilation takes some getting used to , it is how most of the world works and it is satisfactory for them,

I am not so unique that it dosnt work for me if i give it the time and room .

Lets do this , m