Notices

Thanksgiving Holiday Edition Weekender Pt 3

Old 11-25-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hiking with me and brings their flask, or has wine every night with dinner, or is into beer
Fantail you made my neck hairs stand up on end when i read that lot and splutter coffee all over my keyboard .
Let's hope you meet someone who doesn't do any of those, there are some around

m
Old 11-26-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome Fantail

Thanks Venecia - it wasn't a big deal as it was just the one time, I was partly relieved to be honest.

Enjoyed the musical flash mob, have been a passenger and a supplier of parts to the Copenhagen Metro, it is fairly new, this century anyways
Old 11-26-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Happy thanksgiving evrybody. Sober and happy here. Gosh normally on a thanksgiving morning I would already be wasted. Now I want to leave the house and go see my nephews and niece. Yay fun day! Stay safe.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Morning
Happy Thanksgiving Americans!!
You know what?! I have never had a single drink on thanksgiving. ever.
No one in my family drinks except me ( my brother RARELY) and I liked drinking alone.
I've only drank at one xmas party about 10 years ago, total secret wine binge drinker.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Fantail you made my neck hairs stand up on end when i read that lot and splutter coffee all over my keyboard .
Let's hope you meet someone who doesn't do any of those, there are some around

m
I agree with mecanix fantail!
Xoxo
Old 11-26-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
now's the time

Ha, thank Mecanix! I guess that's true. Maybe that's a bad example. In general I just mean, people who drink but the drinking's kind of an aside to the REAL things they do are fine with me. By the hiking I meant, I really like backpacking and camping. I don't want to date someone whose definition of camping is parking a car, building a fire, and drinking a 30 pack. But if someone wants to go on a big hike with me, if they pull out a flask and have a drink at the campfire, that's fine with me. Ya know? Alcohol as a side dish to the real activity.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
now's the time

I'm online dating though, which is really nice... I have on my profile that I don't drink ever. So that already weeds out the heavy drinkers I think. Not one of my dates has been at a bar. Hallelujah. I was worried about that.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
I'm online dating though, which is really nice... I have on my profile that I don't drink ever. So that already weeds out the heavy drinkers I think. Not one of my dates has been at a bar. Hallelujah. I was worried about that.
Yeah I don't date at bars either, my dates usually end up being walks, I like going for walks, then if it goes well we can stop at some random place to eat, if it goes badly, I can leave after just a little bit of time
Xx
Old 11-26-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans, and Happy-Nother-Sober-Day-Thankful to EVERYONE!

Making my assigned dishes. I spend Thanksgivings with my partner's extended family. We've been together a very long time, so they are my family, too. But there is always some grief and guilt mixed in that I can't spend an enjoyable holiday with my original family, too....distance, loss, estrangement, and too much sadness....turns me into a coward, and I stay with the happy partner's happy family instead.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Good morning. I don't post mugh here because you all seem to know each other and have been together a long time. But I'm still sober for this holiday with no intention of drinking. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving, healthygoals! Good to see you!
Old 11-26-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

grateful

good morning everyone, and happy Thanksgiving!

So much to be grateful for this morning. I'm even grateful for the fact that I can once again feel gratitude in my heart, experience it wholeheartedly. There was a time when that part of me was kind of dead to that experience. So now I have meta-gratitude. And metta-gratitude.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Welcome, healthygoals - jump right in! We all started somewhere

New thread is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-nov-27-a.html
Old 11-26-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Good morning. I don't post mugh here because you all seem to know each other and have been together a long time. But I'm still sober for this holiday with no intention of drinking. Happy Thanksgiving!
Keep posting, Healthygoals. We love newcomers!
Old 11-26-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Jump in.

I haven't been part of this weekly thread for all that long, though I've been on SR for a little over two years. For me, I was hoping to find an extra place to hang my hat, particularly since activity in my SR class has become somewhat more infrequent.

Please know that everyone on this thread started out as a newcomer to it at one point. Just jump in. Tell us as much as you'd like about yourself. The people on this thread are so friendly. The next thing you know, you'll feel like you've known them forever. I'm glad I climbed on the bus and you will be, too.

Just be prepared to talk about food. A lot.

Happy Thanksgiving, Healthygoals!
Old 11-26-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Yeah because I just saw the thread a week ago and jumped all in like "Curly in da house!" lol
Old 11-26-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I had the best day ever! I woke up at 8:30 am with lots of energy, put on my headphones to sing while I cook, and started on the meal. Hubby heard me singing and came in the kitchen saying he heard a beautiful melody that woke him up....lol...Later my sister, 3 nieces, and my sister in law came by and we had a wonderful time. They adhered to my rule of no alcohol in the house and everything went smoothly. I ate like there was no tomorrow and really enjoyed every bit of it! I even ate the candied yams and chocolate cake. I wanted to make the most of my being able to eat sweets now that I'm sober. I am so thankful for this day. I feel wonderful!
Old 11-26-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

I'm confused. ... easily done to be honest.... but do we have two weekender threads? X
Old 11-27-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-28-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Thanksgiving in the Guatemalan Caribbean has been quite a treat. Of to hit the water soon, thought I'd share a few pics and check in. The drive up here was a bear, but well worth it.

And of course, Thanksgiving Dinner: