Notices

I'm a confirmed alcoholic

Old 11-12-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm a confirmed alcoholic

So much to my original dismay my loving family told me binge drinking for a few months (30-40 shots) after having been a heavy drink for a few years (10-15 daily) was a problem. They took me to the er cause they knew the truth and without medical help I would've died( I have high blood pressure normally). After detoxing I went to CR for support. After 51 days of sobriety I told myself a massive lie, I could drink again. This binge was only 8 days but just as much consumption so I smartened up and realized I am an alcoholic and went to the er again and it saved my life. Turns out I also have flu and pneumonia in addition to withdraw so here I lie in a hospital bed but I wasn't sure if I can consider this day 2, all I know is I never will to drink again.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sounds like a hugely important statement to make. Well done!

Welcome to the forum and good luck for the future.

Stick around and you'll get loads of support here for your journey into permanent sobriety.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi lifelesson,

I'm probably not able to offer a lot of help, but there are many others here who will soon jump in and offer their advice and support.

I hope that you're ok in that hospital bed.....hang in there, help is on its way, okay?

All the best mate
Old 11-12-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome LifeLesson I don't miss the hospital so I feel for you but it never has to be like this again

Here's some plan building links & other links to help you in your recovery

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html

Also ask your hospital can they put in you touch with the local alcohol addiction services there should be something like that

Nice to meet you praying for your recovery & to be as well as you can be dude

Btw what's CR
Old 11-12-2015, 12:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

CR stands for celebrate recovery it's a Jesus focused aa for better term
Old 11-12-2015, 12:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome lifelesson

This is a great place to come for support - SR helped me turn my life around...I know we can help you too
Old 11-12-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome!

Congratulations on your decision to live a sober life!
Old 11-12-2015, 01:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Trying to sleep in a hospital is terrible with the constant tests and ivs but it sure beats being passed out drunk constantly, or more likely if I hadn't came and tried to home taper I'd be dead due to the withdrawals and other ailments
Old 11-12-2015, 01:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You there on your own?
Old 11-12-2015, 01:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah my wife stayed last night but had to go and stay with out 8mo old daughter so it's been just me for the last 8 hours. And my I guess sponsor won't take my calls. At least I have SR and am in great medical hands in pre icu.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Not good place to be......will they give you anything to help you sleep?
Old 11-12-2015, 01:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yeah librium but all the noise, I'm in a private room but all around are herion abusers and they are loud. I cried last night for them cause I never want to imagine that hell they are in.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ok.....you'll get thru it. Then never have to do it again.

SR is a bit quiet this time of day as the US and European ppl start coming on about 3 or 4 hours time.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support and encouragement. I know I can do this and I won't let that lie of just moderate or just one won't hurt stop me.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You have a wife and daughter....they'd have to be worth doing it for.

The drinking really is a progressive thing....people say it, you read it....but it only really sinks in when you begin to see it in your own life.

But, the ppl on here all say that it's never too late...

How were your 51 days?
Old 11-12-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post

The drinking really is a progressive thing....people say it, you read it....but it only really sinks in when you begin to see it in your own life.

How were your 51 days?
They were amazing. Ups and downs but I see now on Halloween when I convinced my wife not to go to CR but instead I can be a normal drinker I messed up. The best part of the 51 days was I wasn't lying or hiding or missing functions. I want that honest life back so I'm going to have to just go get it.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ask the hospital nurse to put you in touch with local alcohol addiction services this is where my recovery started on a hospital bed

Youl be doing yourself a massive favor once your able to go straight to a CR mtn

This can be the last time your ever like this remember how crap this feels right now don't ever forget it because it only gets worse

Hang in there & stay strong

While your there & its noisy ask for headphones & listen to the 3 Ted videos thread I posted trust me right now it will help so much
Old 11-12-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sorry...what is CR?

There's another thread on here tonite about what sheer hard work drunkenness is. How much of your life gets taken over by it, thinking about it, dealing with the consequences etc....
Old 11-12-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post

How were your 51 days?
Lifelesson, it's never too late. I was going to say all of this but Canguy beat me to the punch. You've got to dig deep to get your life back. You can't just think it in your mind, you've got to put your plan into action.

You made it 51 days which is great and shows you have the mental and physical power to get yourself back to where you want to be.

Use us here at SR. Any time you feel weak, jump on and let us help you through. Make your plan for the next time your AV starts to convince you that a few drinks won't hurt anything; and that moment will come again, we both know it will.

You never have to be in the situation you are in now, ever again, but you've got to dig deep.

We are in your corner!
Old 11-12-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My AVRT friends may wince whenst they read this but this is my take: I also will to never drink again (and never change my mind) but I have to get up every day and re-affirm this and actually "practice" being sober. I prolly have More "practice" at being drunk so I do have to actively think, act daily. Best wishes on recovery from All your physical ailments for now. The mental ones will be ongoing (are for me anyway).