Notices

I'm a confirmed alcoholic

Old 11-12-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lifelesson View Post
So much to my original dismay my loving family told me binge drinking for a few months (30-40 shots) after having been a heavy drink for a few years (10-15 daily) was a problem. They took me to the er cause they knew the truth and without medical help I would've died( I have high blood pressure normally). After detoxing I went to CR for support. After 51 days of sobriety I told myself a massive lie, I could drink again. This binge was only 8 days but just as much consumption so I smartened up and realized I am an alcoholic and went to the er again and it saved my life. Turns out I also have flu and pneumonia in addition to withdraw so here I lie in a hospital bed but I wasn't sure if I can consider this day 2, all I know is I never will to drink again.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

A lot of people drag it out for decades..... maintaining the shadow of a doubt and keeping the downward spiral going as long as they possibly can.

You've got it!!

Now it's time to get active embracing life, embracing sobriety...

Old 11-12-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning for me lifelesson, SO just checking in to see how you're going.......

All the best.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This afternoon has been more restful and I've spent a lot of time on my plan. Getting involved in my church more for starters, they have a program where members help single moms, foster parents, and elderly with basic home maintenance. Also getting into the twelve step program of CR and going twice a week to CR or AA. And getting more than one phone number this time, he was too busy/over committed and hardly take my calls. And of course staying on SR. I have way too much positive to live for to throw it all away any longer on being blackout drunk all time. Thanks for listening.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Lifelesson
Old 11-13-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day 3 sober and home now, got released from hospital just in time to get to CR for the Friday night meeting. I was really scared of being judged since this was my first(and will be only) relapse but all I got was people saying they were glad to see me and that the fact I was there showed courage. Still lingering effects of flu and pneumonia but those aren't at a contagious stage anymore. Incidentally the lesson was a fuller explanation of the twelve steps and what they really mean which was great to get a better understanding of the real work and courage needed to face whats ahead of me. Good Night SR and God Bless
Old 11-13-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad that you are home, LifeLesson. I've heard good things about Celebrate Recovery.

Welcome to SR; it, too, is a great place for support.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I wish you well Lifelesson. I had pneumonia during Christmas of 2013 so I know it's awful. Hang in there!
Old 11-13-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

WELCOME... you have a great new life to start.. Congrats.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You can do this, Lifelesson! I have been in a hospital bed before for drink and I never want to be there again. I am glad you're getting good care.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hello SR community. I have an update, things were going great, too well in fact that I slacked off on my daily routine on the days leading to Christmas and I took for granted the hard work I had put in up until then and had a few drinks. I realized as soon as I had my fourth drink where it was going and poured the rest of the bottle down the drain. Day 4 and I'm mostly just disappointed at myself for getting busy with other things that don't matter nearly as much and made some terrible decisions... I won't let this slip be a landslide back to where I was months or even weeks ago. I'm going to include meditation into my recovery to keep the focus on where I'm headed, instead of where I've been. The holidays are really stressful for everyone I know and I'm no exception. The contempt of my in-laws is really palatable and I react to it by getting more anxiety than usual. I guess I just wanted to give myself fake happiness but all I did was set myself back from true happiness.

Reading others posts has been a great help after I made the same mistake...again. Have a great Sober day everyone. Thanks for reading and thank you for all your support, this site is a wonderful resource to those who seek to use it.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So glad you caught yourself lifelesson, even if was a little slip. Get back on that saddle and take this momentum into the new year!
Old 12-28-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 4
Old 12-28-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

the sober ship

Originally Posted by Lifelesson View Post

This binge was only 8 days but just as much consumption so I smartened up and realized I am an alcoholic
Getting that first Step down is of most importance.

Welcome aboard the sober ship.

M-Bob
Old 12-28-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Day 4 is fantastic Lifelesson . . . you can do this!!
Old 12-28-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Smile

Congratulations on 4 days Lifelesson!