Notices

Stay Sober This Weekend Aug21st until

Old 08-21-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I have never had fluff. Might have to give it a try. On top of chocolate ice cream, perhaps?
Old 08-21-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Mix it with hot fudge ( not syrup real hot fudge )
Old 08-21-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Least!!!
Old 08-21-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Saturday the 22nd is my birthday! Battle time!!!
Old 08-21-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Least, happy birthday!

I don't think Mrs. B would want to wait for my bday of November 24. She'll be ready by then for sure.

Gilmer, a fellow Sagittarius. That Della is a Scorpio. Hmm. Enjoy your weekend. Sounds awesome to me. Have fun.

I went to an AA meeting and then picked up my kids at my parents. When I got home Mr. Ruby informed me that he was going out for a couple of beers. Wtf? Are we in crazy land? He was out last night. He did the same crap before I relapsed last time. He can moderate his drinking because he's not really an alcoholic, he's a crack addict but telling me that I can't drink because I'm an alcoholic. I didn't set out to prove him wrong, I just decided that I wanted to squish the fear and pain by drinking. What a freaking jerk. I'd use stronger language but there are ladies present. He just got back. He'll be our the door for his DOC soon enough. :-(

Brynn, hang in there. I see absolutely nothing wrong in being glad your BF will be gone. Absolutely nothing.

Good for you Sao. Get 'em!

Tetra, enjoy your weekend. A good meal is always a welcome thing. I'm with you on gaining weight after quitting. I was skeletal. A few pounds aren't a bad thing.

I have to try not to pick a fight with husband. What a stupid thing to do. I can't drink to show him. I'll be hanging close to here this weekend
Old 08-21-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

You are incredibly strong Ruby....remember that. You shouldn't have to be but you are.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Ruby - I don't have any sage advice for you. I can only hope you find the peace you deserve. Wishing you well on your journey.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Thanks Della. I want to punch his lights out. Is that a bad thing?
Old 08-21-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Ruby, sorry to hear of this ongoing BS with the hubby. I don't spend too much time in the F&F forum posting, but I do read their advice from time to time. Wish I had some for you, but the only suggestion I have is to fill a sock with nickels and whack him in the nads. Probably unhelpful.

Mex, my condolences. Really sorry to hear you've lost your aunt. My thoughts are with you, buddy.

Mesa, love those pics. I love that wide open country, can't beat that feeling. Room to breathe. Plus all that cool "ghost town" history.

Sao, hope the evening goes well. Sounds like you're solid, I wouldn't recommend making a habit of going to the bars but I'm guessing you're not. Sounds like a one-off situation and you're in good company. Enjoy.

Behan, we're all looking forward to Jr.'s arrival. I'm assuming his middle name will be "big sombrero". Very traditional Irish name, I'm told.

MLD I never ate marshmallow fluff either, sounds like a weird East Coast thing.

Went out to eat at a local joint tonight with the lady friend. Inexpensive, hearty food, just what we needed. I had "chuletas" - pork chops - with grilled potatoes and salad. Flan for dessert! We walked back to my place and passed by a small traveler's hostel - there was a bar right at street level, music was blasting and people were stumbling near the entrance. The entire bar must have been no larger than my bedroom, but it was packed - young tourists shoulder to shoulder like sardines. I sure don't miss that suffocating circus. Was great to just walk on, breathe the fresh air and come back to my own safe place. Hope you all are in your own "safe place" this weekend, wherever that may be. Night!
Old 08-21-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Least.
regarding dog sitters...I much prefer my dogs staying at home when I go away. I hate putting them in the kennel. I know they miss me, but at least they are in their own home, not in a kennel. The trick is getting someone you know. Like a friend's son or someone.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

BigS, that made me laugh. Thanks for that. Unfortunately, my supply of nickels is rather small.

I want flan now. I haven't had it in a long time. I used to eat it at a restaurant in Minneapolis called El Meson. Now I'll have to Google to see if its still there.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Nope, closed in 2012 but had a good long run since I used to go there 25 years ago.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Good night everyone.

Pet sitting. My mom came and fed my cats while I was gone. She's a sport. I have a hard time finding a baby sitter for an hour or two for the kids. Pet sitting is an even bigger challenge.

Husband went and said he bought a six pack and drank it in the alley with someone. All normal drinkers stand in the alley and drink their beer. Thanks Olive
Old 08-21-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Ruby stay close.. Sounds like you need some space to think..

A good day spring cleaning. Therapeutic.

If the house looks uncluttered surely life is too?
Car is still a mess..
Old 08-21-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, evening Trees

Co-winner at crazy golf last night, seems life everyone up for Thursday nights tourney

A belated happy birthday Least

Ruby i'm really sorry to read that post, especially as you had such a good time on vacation. Don't relapse this time, you are way to precious for that. Hugs Ruby

Last week I jogged down to the tidal basin and found a message in a bottle. I found something less romantic this morning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150822_072447.jpg (55.0 KB, 38 views)
Old 08-22-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Least many happy returns ,

Kevin keep on , keep on,

Ice cream , marshmallow fluff , chocolate , i'm sure i've put on a few pounds just reading the thread so far ! …
It will only get more so when weasel turns up cooking something glorious .

I have mountains of fruit and salad to get through as i think being overweight , diet and lack of exercise has been making me tired even when i wake up .

Old 08-22-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Looks like someone was trying to surf Sao! Sorry, I'll get my coat.

Sorry to hear about your home situation on return from vacation Ruby. Your anger is legitimate.

He he. I'll consider Big S as a middle name!

Quiet here. Think I'll have another coffee and catch up with the news.

B
Old 08-22-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hope everyone enjoys a sober summer weekend. It's a beautiful day here in London. I'm going to the library and then going swimming and I may join my friends for a step meeting of AA later. Looking at the weekend ahead, I see no reason to be tempted to drink. That's thanks to the programme and your support so thanks guys and wishing you all a great weekend.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

(((Ruby)))

You get wiser and stronger every minute.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:12 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning