Notices

How much did you consume?

Old 08-12-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

More often than not I'd have to follow the clues after the fact to find out how much I drank, usually for the purpose of knowing if I needed to go buy more or not.

One of my old favorite making-light-of-my-hangover jokes used to be "Not doing so great today. Woke up and realized SOMEBODY drank all my whiskey last night. And the weird thing is: I live alone!"

Yeah, used to be amazed the next day to see how much booze I'd polished off during the part of the binge I couldn't remember. Like, if I'm gonna black out I should just pass out, not stay up drinking more! Apparently, my blackout drunk alter-ego didn't see it that way. Blerg!
Old 08-12-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

It varied. One to three days a week I didn't drink. On a good drinking day it could be as little as 40 to 80ml of vodka. On a really bad day it could be 750ml of vodka plus some unknown quantity of red wine and the lowest of the low was gagging down Chinese cooking wine when everything else was gone.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It's all relative

10-15 cans of 5% beer at least 3 nights a week. For 20 years
Old 08-13-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by racing22 View Post
I was at a pint and a half of vodka 4 days a week.
How much ia a pint in comparison to a fifth?
Old 08-13-2015, 12:26 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SDH73 View Post
More often than not I'd have to follow the clues after the fact to find out how much I drank, usually for the purpose of knowing if I needed to go buy more or not.

One of my old favorite making-light-of-my-hangover jokes used to be "Not doing so great today. Woke up and realized SOMEBODY drank all my whiskey last night. And the weird thing is: I live alone!"

Yeah, used to be amazed the next day to see how much booze I'd polished off during the part of the binge I couldn't remember. Like, if I'm gonna black out I should just pass out, not stay up drinking more! Apparently, my blackout drunk alter-ego didn't see it that way. Blerg!
This sounds so familiar. I totally relate. Sometimes I'd go to look for the bottle of vodka I'd hid, thinking I had some left, panic when I could't find it…did hubby find it and THROW it AWAY?? (heaven forbid), did the kids find it? Oh no! Where did I put it?? I hid them from myself all the time, or, I'd find it later, hidden in a different spot, empty.

So with the above being said, and to answer the question, I don't really know, it varied. But when I figured I bought booze at least 2-3 times a week, sometimes just buying one bottle (5th, usually vodka of some sort), or sometimes 2, it seams I was going thru a whole bottle avery other day, on average. Wowza…
Old 08-13-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

By the end, 2-3 bottles of wine a day for days on end. (If I could keep them down, which was always a challenge.)
Old 08-13-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Varied I guess. Often a bottle and a half of wine. Some periods two and a half. Being very petite that's a lot though. Was not an every day drinker and some long periods where I just didn't bother at all. There were always periods where it became a bigger issue though and always the risk I'd turn into crazy drunk woman.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
love is the answer

My wine consumption (and tolerance) increased gradually from 1/2 - 3/4 of a bottle getting me out-of-my-face wasted a couple of times a week (about 15yrs ago) to being reasonable coherent (so I thought) on 3 or 4 wine boxes and a litre of brandy a week. That started getting expensive so I started brewing my own wine. After that I couldn't tell you how much as I was brewing gallons at a time.

Not pretty.

Glad to be off that carousel.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:32 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Ouch, according to the responses, I used to drink more than everyone.

Come on, I can't have the largest consumption level. Someone has to out do me.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

As someone else said, this shouldn't be a measurable comparison. Depending on physiology, genetics and the individual, 2 beers my cause severe issue or a case. I never drank as much as some people on here, but I needed to drink everyday and I definately drank more than medical guidelines rate safe drinking levels. And that doesn't make me any better or worse. I was slowly killing myself.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:48 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Indeed it is not the how much or how often it is if it has a negative impact on your life and your health or both.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:03 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

1-2 bottles of wine a night every night
Old 08-13-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

About 3/4 of a 750 ml bottle of captain or Jameson basically nightly for numerous years. Lost the hangovers. Just feeling of death and withdrawals
Old 08-13-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

On average I was drinking 2 bottles of wine on a week day at weekends I could do more 2 bottles of wine 3 lagers, or 3 bottles of wine. I could sometimes easily do 75cl of vodka an evening (if wine wasnt my preferred choice of drink) On average I was drinking at least 18 units of alcohol daily.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I drank as quickly as I could until I started slurring my speech. And then I woke up at 3 or 4 in the morning after a blackout with bottles and/or glasses all over the place. I don't know, how much did that take? Does it really matter?
Old 08-13-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Problematic amounts.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Problematic amounts.
We have a winner
Old 08-13-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Denial101 View Post
How much ia a pint in comparison to a fifth?
half pint is the short stubby bottles, more often square type, a pint is the next size up, and a fifth is next size up from a pint
Old 08-13-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

4 x a week, two bottles of wine and at least a few beers
Until I passed out/slept. Hangovers would be the only reason I wouldn't drink the next day, being physically unable to. Basically one day on, one day off...
Old 08-13-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I was a really crazy binge drinker, and would hit very high numbers in my worst nights. I was just very reckless. I pounded shots, I chugged down beers and mixed drinks, I blacked out, etc etc etc. Took me 16 years the hard way to fully learn the stupidity of that lifestyle.

However, I'm not sure it is productive for me to dwell on my amount of consumption from the past though. These days I drink 0 drinks a day, every day, and I love it.