Notices

How much did you consume?

Old 08-13-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

about a bottle of whiskey a day
Old 08-13-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
😇

Not really sure, I guess I could probably drink a fifth in 1-2 days. I usually bought multiple bottles and would lose one or the hubby would find and toss out. I was a binge drinker. I no longer had hangovers just life threatening withdrawals that would last days. So glad that is over.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Originally Posted by 1dayaddatime View Post
half pint is the short stubby bottles, more often square type, a pint is the next size up, and a fifth is next size up from a pint
A pint is 568 ml. A fifth of a gallon is 757ml, but the standard "fifth" bottle has been standardized at 750ml.

So a pint is 3/4 of a fifth.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2WheelsGood View Post
A pint is 568 ml. A fifth of a gallon is 757ml, but the standard "fifth" bottle has been standardized at 750ml.

So a pint is 3/4 of a fifth.
Thanks wheels. I stand corrected.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Madruski View Post
I must say, reading all these amounts is not productive. But too add, either a bottle of wine a night or 6 pack, then 24 beers on Saturday and wine on Sunday (that's in between binges)
I agree! Does this post feel a bit competitive?
We share a problem is all.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FarToGo View Post
I agree! Does this post feel a bit competitive?
We share a problem is all.
I actually found it quite helpful it shows that it doesnt matter what you drink or how much you drink, whether your a eye opener drinker, a binge drinker or whatever.... alcholism is alcholism. This thread has shown that alcholism isnt the stereo typical wino on a park bench drowing his sorrows day in day out, or that you have to be drinking "a certain amount" etc to be an alcoholic. I think this thread will be benefical to those who THINK they have a problem but are told by others they do not -that happened to me... your're not an alkie you dont drink of a morning and all that BS infact I knew I had a problem long ago tbh if Id seen this thread then I may of gotten sober sooner x
Old 08-14-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Enough to be a black out drunk almost every time I drank in the end. Like others have said the amount it took to get there seemed to lessen at the end. Still can't believe I did this to myself!
Old 08-14-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
Ouch, according to the responses, I used to drink more than everyone. Come on, I can't have the largest consumption level. Someone has to out do me.
Good news is Troy...we've crossed paths before on this front. You are not alone. We were some serious drinkers. On the path to self destruction. I'm sooo thankful I'm no longer drinking vodka all day long. I don't even know how many "handles" I would go through. I was buying 1 per week on average. Then I would have the liter bottles stashed including one in my car. Buying one of those every couple days. Was crazy. Pure insanity that I let myself get that far.

I am sooo thankful to be free!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blueberry2015 View Post
I actually found it quite helpful it shows that it doesnt matter what you drink or how much you drink, whether your a eye opener drinker, a binge drinker or whatever.... alcholism is alcholism. This thread has shown that alcholism isnt the stereo typical wino on a park bench drowing his sorrows day in day out, or that you have to be drinking "a certain amount" etc to be an alcoholic. I think this thread will be benefical to those who THINK they have a problem but are told by others they do not -that happened to me... your're not an alkie you dont drink of a morning and all that BS infact I knew I had a problem long ago tbh if Id seen this thread then I may of gotten sober sooner x
Thank you very much blueberry! That was my intention but all didn't see it that way. It was more helpful for me than I anticipated! Thanks again!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I drank 24/7 toward the end. I would take shots of whiskey before work, drink wine or vodka AT work, have a flask in my purse at all times, and take shots every half hour or so at home till I passed out. Then when I woke up a few hours later I'd have more shots to go back to sleep. Rinse and repeat.

Based on what I bought, I went through a 1.75L handle every two days, not counting any wine or vodka that got me through work. I was not doing very well at all at this point, not eating, severely dehydrated, and my body was shutting down. SCARY freaking withdrawals if I did try to stop or taper.

As others have said, regardless of quantity, it was too much. My life was ridiculously out of control and couldn't even really be called life at all.

Now I have 0 drinks per day and I have the most amazing life. I never would have even imagined life could be this good.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tracy999 View Post
I drank 24/7 toward the end. I would take shots of whiskey before work, drink wine or vodka AT work, have a flask in my purse at all times, and take shots every half hour or so at home till I passed out. Then when I woke up a few hours later I'd have more shots to go back to sleep. Rinse and repeat.

Based on what I bought, I went through a 1.75L handle every two days, not counting any wine or vodka that got me through work. I was not doing very well at all at this point, not eating, severely dehydrated, and my body was shutting down. SCARY freaking withdrawals if I did try to stop or taper.

As others have said, regardless of quantity, it was too much. My life was ridiculously out of control and couldn't even really be called life at all.

Now I have 0 drinks per day and I have the most amazing life. I never would have even imagined life could be this good.
Thanks for sharing Tracy! Congrats on conquering that demon!
Old 08-14-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
Years 1-2: 375 mL vodka starting at 5 pm til I went to sleep/passed out.
Years 2-5: 500 mL vodka a night, every night 5 pm to pass out/blackout/sleep
Years 5-8 : 600-675 mL vodka, every night 5 pm to pass out/blackout/sleep.
Last year: Tolerance went down, 10-12 beers a night.

Hangovers turned into daily withdrawals around 5 years of nightly drinking.
I had my measurements down to a science.
I was very, very sick in the last two years.
I was the same with the measuring--sometimes I'd forget though how much I'd had and end up drinking more--I'd drink about 8 oz of vodka a night. There were some nights I'd drink a pretty strong bottle of wine and then have vodka on top of that. It was super easy to down bottles of champagne. Drank Every night.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:01 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I was drinking a 5L box of wine a day. Those bulky wine boxes are hard to hide too. When I think about it, I get one of those all over body cringes. I'm so very grateful and thankful I don't have to deal with that anymore.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

It depended. It's astounding to think that I almost never had a day pass where I didn't drink at least a little. I'd be falling down exhausted but would drink at least a half glass of wine, sometimes fall asleep with the stemless glass in bed with me. My body constitution wouldn't let me drink as much I think as some people here. I rarely drank the hard stuff (bad experiences years ago) but a bottle of wine didn't really have a chance once it was opened, and might have been preceded by a strong craft beer or two.

In the end (last couple of months) it became clear that I have a really bad allergy to a universal ingredient in beer, so I couldn't drink it anymore. I was sad, but I switched to wine, which made me start getting drunker more often. I was averaging a bottle and a half - two bottles a day on the days I really drank, which was most nights, and at least a glass or two (or mug or jelly jar, whatever was available) on the nights when I wasn't really going for it, usually 2 times a week. I almost never slept well, but I did fall asleep somewhat quickly. I'd wake up sweating, anxious, and scared. That last night, well, six glasses of wine, a martini, and two other gin drinks at a bar, according to the receipt, and I blacked out, said some awful things, did something awful, lost my credit card, and had a hangover that scared me. It's good to write this down.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

If I could equate my alcohol intake with the lifetime stats of a baseball player, my MVP years were college (how did I ever get a degree...) and I was batting over .300 in pretty much all of the eighties (don't ask me about 80's movies or bands because I can't remember). I was relegated to the minor leagues in the mid-90's and through the early 2000's (I quit drinking for 7 years) but was picked up by another team about 4 years ago. My contract specified a steady supply of dry gin martinis, pinot noir, chardonnay, craft beer and a variety of other cocktails including cuba libre with diet Coke, old-fashioneds, the occasional margarita and when I felt nostalgic, a Colorado Bulldog. I was released 55 days ago when it became clear that continuing my 'career' would seriously jeopardize my health and that I might never reach retirement age.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

3-4 750ml bottles of 150p rum or 80p vodka per week, then later years 3-4 boxes if wine per week. Nearly everday drinking, around 8 years. Liver checked out last May, but luckily its not holding a grudge .

~Bunnez
Old 08-15-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

A light day (during the week) was 8 drinks. Sometimes I could get by on 5. Two tall boy beers (often three, meaning a six pack) and one quarter to half a bottle of wine. That was a light day.

Weekends: a case of beer and a couple of bottles of wine. A typical weekend day might include 10 beers and a half/full bottle of wine, depending on how early I started. Toward the end I'd have a few each weekend morning, so the drinking extended throughout the day.
Just typing this makes it hard to believe I led that life. I have an app on my phone that calculates I've saved $3000 dollars over the last 8 months since I quit but the number I entered for daily spending was moderate and didn't include weekend drinking- so it's actually far more. Having said that, being sober is far and away the better benefit of giving it up.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Towards the end a 12 pack before lunch. Mixed with a few other things.
MM
Old 08-15-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

The last time I binged it was about 60 drinks (mainly beer) in 6 days. Insane! I'm a 130 female. It all started with saying yes to happy hour with coworkers.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Enough.