Notices

The Silver Surfer's Sobriety Journey

Old 08-17-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Day 34....had a great weekend and now ready and motivated for this Monday. Had a great productive weekend and now back to business for the week and the wind down for the month of August. I have a lot on my plate for the upcoming months so praying for strength, perserverance, faith and vision to pull it all together.

So day 34 and also deepening my commitment with my sobriety and putting more of the 12 steps into my daily journey. I understand that AA is not for everyone but I've been pretty disciplined with the online meetings and found it has made a difference so far. This time I'm also going to add the 12 step principles to my spiritual practices as well to deepen the commitment I will let you guys know how it goes. Day 34.....
Old 08-17-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Way to go silversurver! Have a great day.

Can I ask where to go for the online AA meetings? I do the SMART ones which are great, but branching out never hurt anyone huh?
Old 08-17-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations DSS

D
Old 08-17-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BringingBackB View Post
Way to go silversurver! Have a great day.

Can I ask where to go for the online AA meetings? I do the SMART ones which are great, but branching out never hurt anyone huh?
Here is the link AAOnline.net--Realtime Open AA Meetings on the Internet
Once you get there you can choose the Enter Chat on the upper left side of the page. There are meetings 4 times a day every day. But the chat is always open and people are there to talk on all kinds of topics including sobriety 24/7. Check the page to see when the meetings take place in your region.

I wanted to try a different approach this time around and find it a great addition to SR. As a spiritual person, I have no issue with the Higher Power approach but some have issues with that and I can understand that. Try it and see how it fits you.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 08-18-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Day 35......Nothing 2 report here just blessed to see another day. Grateful.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Day 36 begins.....Aim to Focus on Today Only!!!

The famous quotes of AA and alcoholics worldwide is "One Day At A Time" so with that as a backdrop this is my meditation for the day to you. You can apply it to your life, goals, sobriety or any other major thing you are pursuing. Plan for tomorrow but execute TODAY because its all you really have. Hope you find some value in it.

Focus on Today Only.
Yes, we need to have long-range goals. But our focus must be on today. Don't think about tomorrow.
Today is enough trouble in and of itself. You can work on tomorrow when it gets here. Instead, make today the best day you have ever had. Realize that when you lay down to sleep tonight you will have just given up the only shot you will ever have at today. Today is now gone and it is only a memory. You only get one shot at your today so focus intently on making it all that it possibly can be. Focus, focus, focus! When you focus on making today great, you are on the road to guaranteeing that you will make your day GREAT, every day!

I'm about to go make Day 36 great...check back later...
Old 08-19-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 08-20-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Day 37...begins...

Just on the check in...fighting a little cold bug so been a little fatigued but been resting in the evenings and getting some rest and some fluids. The Surfer is moving at 75% but you can't stop what can't be stopped lol....
Old 08-20-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Administrator

get better soon DSS

D
Old 08-20-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Get well soon DSS, you're doing great
Old 08-20-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for the get well wishes, .

This has been a health first week for me so alcohol hasn't been a notion at all. Only really think about anything alcohol related when I come here to post and respond and when I hit my online AA meetings. Getting my productivity back as the week goes on as I feel better so work and my personal goals are moving ahead better as the week has progressed.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Day 38 begins...

Just wanted to share my morning meditation with you all SR. Hope someone finds some value in it.

Decide to become a "No Matter What" person. Decide that you will make your dream become a reality...NO MATTER WHAT!

It does not matter if you run out of money, or if life catches you on the blind side. It does not matter if you experience disappointments, failures or setbacks. You have what it takes to bounce back. Your gifts, talents and abilities require that kind of resolve. The next moment can change your life...for good. Be open to that. Do not give up.
Make it happen...NO MATTER WHAT!!

You have something special. You have GREATNESS within you!

Have a great sober day SR...check in later.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent post surfer congrats on 38 days
Old 08-22-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Day 39 of the new journey begins....

Feeling a whole lot better physically, so that's a great thing. I've been taking some medication for my ills and its been knocking me out early in the evenings. My whole sleep cycle has been way off this week, been going to sleep around 7pm and waking up around 2-3 in the morning Sheesh .

Now, I'm an early riser anyway around 5 ish but the early evening sleep has been messing with my productivity so hopefully getting back to full strength will cure that. Anyway, I'm up and about to start my day and get into my goals for the day no matter how early it is. Its the weekend so everyone njoy and have a plan for it, I will be working on my goals and projects this weekend so I'm focused on greatness. Whatever you do be save and be sober people. Check in when I can...Day 39....
Old 08-24-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Day 42 begins....

Its been a couple of days since I've posted, been quite busy actually. Preparing for some exams and coordinating a major life move in a month or so and getting my physical back to par. What's intriguing to me is that I've never gone to alcohol to deal with time of stress or challenge not knowingly, maybe subconsciously it played itself out in my social bingeing in years past. I guess that's a question for a therapist or further insight to answer lol.

So, with all of these new endeavors happening in my life, its new to deal with them soberly and fully present. It does feel good to not have to add the complications of hangovers, incidents, anxiety, what did I say last night etc etc to the mix of moving into uncharted life territory. That just add too much fuel to an already potent enough flame. God I thank you for clarity, and not just moments of it lol. So moving along as I begin day 42 of this new beginning, I'm about to get in some meditation and prayer and get some rest and wake later this morning and be intentionally great
Old 08-25-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Can't wait to read about all the big changes headed your way. Thanks for checking in, your story helps so many!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like good stuff DSS

D
Old 08-26-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Day 43 begins....feeling grateful today for health and presence of "self". Getting myself back to the old me physically. I thank God for all his blessings and to all of you here for you well wishes.

Just an quick aside, saying a prayer for all of the alcoholics who are living daily with this malady. As some of you may know, I've been doing the online AA meetings for around 60 days thus far and it has been a great experience. In the scope of things my journey, although important and serious enough to change, is nothing compared to what hellish situation some are dealing with daily. Some are battling drugs, alcohol, depression, jail time, lost jobs, family, bedridden etc. when I hear their situations are stories it makes mine pale in comparison being that my situation is no where near theirs.

With that said though, I use those tales as cautionary because all of them did not start out like that. Some started out on a slippery slope, using alcohol to escape or cope with life and its challenges, things happen and then it became a crutch and life began to unravel and become unmanageable. I log on sometimes to just listen and really take stock of how it can all get away from yo u if you don't be mindful and make changes. So today I pray for those struggling and I commend those who have overcome major addictions and found a better way of life by any means necessary and have long term sobriety its possible.

So I came away with this distinction that I can be the cautionary tale or the example of the courage to change and living life on a different level. I ask you all to think about that as well you can choose to become the cautionary tale or the example of what is possible. Check back in later....Day 43....
Old 08-26-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Do your best

A week away from 50 days your doing this Surfer congrats